Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 557 of 567 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,925 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Yes Shirley signed lots of things for him.
    is there a rough time frame known of when that was happening?
    are there any verified or confirmed examples posted anywhere?
    that might be an interesting resource to have.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Yes Shirley signed lots of things for him.
    is there a rough time frame known of when that was happening?
    are there any verified or confirmed examples posted anywhere?
    that might be an interesting resource to have.
    Yes. When Shirley was his secretary. I have dozens of Steve signed letters. And some which were signed by Shirley. And my biggest collection are ones signed Stephen.
    If purchased most of mine from Betts before David bought it.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that Curly replied to surly in regards to Shirley.

It's the little things in life.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Surely you jest.

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps, but don't call him Shirley.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hehe. it took days and days of coordination to get the timing just right.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GUYS... is the town from Salem’s modeled offer any town? Did king just make it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    GUYS... is the town from Salem’s modeled offer any town? Did king just make it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Durham, Maine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeru..._(Stephen_King) check out the origin section.

Along the Path of the Beam jonster monster has a spectacular aura about jonster monster has a spectacular aura about jonster monster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Here's another take on part of his inspiration for the book:

"In the interview, King discusses his inspiration for the book, which came to him while he was traveling with friends through Vermont and was pointed out a town upstate called Jeremiah's Lot. Supposedly, according to King's friend, everyone in the town disappeared in 1908. King explained that his friend told him about how, when someone discovered the town, it was completely abandoned, yet inside the houses, dinner was still set on some tables and stores still contained money."

https://screenrant.com/salems-lot-st...e-book-reason/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does the UK 1st trade edition of Insomnia have the price on the inside of the DJ?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Does the UK 1st trade edition of Insomnia have the price on the inside of the DJ?
    Every UK book has the price printed on it. It's the law. If it does not have a price it is an export copy. The UK prints books for all its 53 Commonwealth countries and they all have different currencies, hence blank price.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Curly. I was thinking export copy but wanted to double check. Didn't realize the UK had 53 Commonwealths, wow.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

This is fascinating to me.
    I was the one who sent Brian the Insomnia, thinking it was a Hodder and Stoughton UK first. I live in one of those 53 commonwealth countries (Australia) and used to buy my hardcopies from the local book stores as they came out. I wasn't really collecting them - just wanted to read them.
    Later I started collecting limiteds and such and began building a set of USA firsts. I still have most of my Hodder and Stoughtons but have given a few away (and sent one to Brian).
    Upon learning about the exports, I have checked my remaining Hodder and Stoughtons. Four of them have no price on the inside of the DJ (Desperation, Regulators, Black House and one of my Dolores Claibornes - the undersized one). All others have the price (in pounds) printed on them.
    The lack of consistency is strange - I wonder why they bother to remove the price for some printings.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do we have a Master List of all the different Audiobook versions out there? ie who narrated & when it was released. Some of the books have 3-5 different versions and they don't all make mention of who is doing the narrating, so I've got some unlabeled versions, and then some where I don't know which version was released first. This missing information is really driving my OCD crazy.

Surely, one of us has compiled this information somewhere here at some point, I'm just not having any luck finding this list.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Do we have a Master List of all the different Audiobook versions out there? ie who narrated & when it was released. Some of the books have 3-5 different versions and they don't all make mention of who is doing the narrating, so I've got some unlabeled versions, and then some where I don't know which version was released first. This missing information is really driving my OCD crazy.

Surely, one of us has compiled this information somewhere here at some point, I'm just not having any luck finding this list.
    We don't have a list in our Catalog.
    Lots of work to compile and create each entry. Feel free to do the legwork.

J

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll put together what I have. Perhaps others can fill in the blanks when they see them

I have the list you want. Pm your email.

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone here have any of the Stephen King Library "red leather" collection? I can't find much discussion on them, and I feel I have seen comments which dismiss them. I am drawn to sets of things by nature (compulsion?) and am thinking about gathering up some (all) of these). They appear to be reasonably cheap and common. I have one coming just so I can see the build quality (I am not expecting much).

Any thoughts, or is there anywhere else on this huge archive where I can find some previous discussion?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Start Here. Feel free to help/add/correct info:

Stephen King Library - Q&A and Complete List?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyBBear View Post
    Does anyone here have any of the Stephen King Library "red leather" collection? I can't find much discussion on them, and I feel I have seen comments which dismiss them. I am drawn to sets of things by nature (compulsion?) and am thinking about gathering up some (all) of these). They appear to be reasonably cheap and common. I have one coming just so I can see the build quality (I am not expecting much).

Any thoughts, or is there anywhere else on this huge archive where I can find some previous discussion?
    I bought one of them and decided not to invest in the rest. If you are a completist or just happen to like them then there is nothing wrong with them. There isn't anything very special about them either.

If I did buy a set I'd be sure they were in fine condition. A less than fine set seems unnecessary to me in any circumstance.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Thanks Br1an and J. I am approaching them as something I will like to look at on the shelf, rather than as being particularly collectible. If anyone wants to offload any, let me know.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyBBear View Post
    Thanks Br1an and J. I am approaching them as something I will like to look at on the shelf, rather than as being particularly collectible. If anyone wants to offload any, let me know.
    At one time I had a complete set. As mentioned they aren't the highest quality but if you just want them for the shelf then you'll be happy with them. I always thought they looked nice on the shelf...all the red together as a set. I bought the bulk of mine as a set and then filled in the missing ones. Sold them as a whole complete set many years ago

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I spent a few hours today in order to update the King illustrations catalog as it was outdated.
    Also, some entries seem to have disappeared, so don't know what happened there.... oh well

There are still many entries missing in my opinion, so anybody feel free to help
    Here is a recap => https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...08#post1242308
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for helping.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could someone please unlock that thread : https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...705#post870705

I would like to post some lesser known illustrations that aren't "as such" as books but like in magazines.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 557 of 567 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 ... LastLast