Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 551 of 567 FirstFirst ... 51 451 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 561 ... LastLast
Results 13,751 to 13,775 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Price check on Dr Sleep S/L and Black House S/L please.
    Doctor Sleep $550-ish, Black House $350...if that. Betts had a couple for $325 recently.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all! As a new King collector I was wondering, other than people posting items for sale here, what are reliable sources online for finding his works? Though I know it's an easy one to find I was very happy to get a like-new copy of DT VII already in a brodart cover for $20 shipped on Abebooks. I also found great copies of DT V and VI at a local used book store for $14 total. V has some red fading due to sun exposure to the dust jacket but I ordered a replacement from Grant. I know it gets much harder (and expensive) from here...lol.

From what I can gleam from comments online Abebooks seems pretty safe but Thriftbooks is one to avoid.

I'm curious if any of my old King books are still at my parents' house. Unfortunately, if they are they've been in the attic for decades. I know I had "Misery" in hardcover when it first came out and I had a copies of "Skeleton Crew" and "Christine" as well. The only one that stayed in my possession and is still in great shape is the first printing of the softcover "Cycle of the Werewolf."

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I made sure to look, but don't see a dedicated thread as to how future rights work. I recently acquired a #d WTTKH, that I know was resold once beyond the assumed original owner. (The same eBay seller sold his remaining matching #d books, of which I bought four directly from him.) With regards to rights, is it solely based on possession or is there a paper trail that must follow? I see time and time again "sold with or without rights". Do I need to contact this seller to request rights or am I okay just owning the book?

I ask this because of Webstar's video clip where King states another book "is possible".

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    I recently acquired a #d WTTKH, that I know was resold once beyond the assumed original owner. I see time and time again "sold with or without rights". Do I need to contact this seller to request rights or am I okay just owning the book?
    If you're the current owner of TWTTK, you're fine. The book is all the proof you need.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I recently acquired a #d WTTKH, that I know was resold once beyond the assumed original owner. I see time and time again "sold with or without rights". Do I need to contact this seller to request rights or am I okay just owning the book?
    If you're the current owner of TWTTK, you're fine. The book is all the proof you need.

sk
    When I purchased a TWTTK # below 500 a few years ago, when I Received the book I took pictures of the limitation page and sent them with a note that I’m now the owner of this # to Robert at Grant Publishing. I don’t know if it will help but at least I created a document of proof. I seem to remember that’s all you had to do then to prove ownership of a particular book and #.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you both! I have a love/hate relationship with Mr. Wiener, and I'm sure he cringes when he sees an order or email from me. lol

I was also chatting with another collector and he said he was forced to mail his copy of the previous book in to DMG to prove he had it because someone else was claiming rights to it. His and the new were them mailed to him. As for any future rights to DT V, with DMG, we can only speculate...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post
    Hi all! As a new King collector I was wondering, other than people posting items for sale here, what are reliable sources online for finding his works? Though I know it's an easy one to find I was very happy to get a like-new copy of DT VII already in a brodart cover for $20 shipped on Abebooks. I also found great copies of DT V and VI at a local used book store for $14 total. V has some red fading due to sun exposure to the dust jacket but I ordered a replacement from Grant. I know it gets much harder (and expensive) from here...lol.

From what I can gleam from comments online Abebooks seems pretty safe but Thriftbooks is one to avoid.

I'm curious if any of my old King books are still at my parents' house. Unfortunately, if they are they've been in the attic for decades. I know I had "Misery" in hardcover when it first came out and I had a copies of "Skeleton Crew" and "Christine" as well. The only one that stayed in my possession and is still in great shape is the first printing of the softcover "Cycle of the Werewolf."
    Welcome, Pere. Webstar runs a King FB page that's probably a good place to start for higher end stuff. As far as run of the mill everyday stuff, you're probably ok with ABE or even eBay. Be aware that most, if not all, eBay sellers don't know how to package books. If you're into flat signatures or inscriptions, best to ask here before purchasing to see if they're legit. Tons of fakes out here.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Welcome, Pere. Webstar runs a King FB page that's probably a good place to start for higher end stuff. As far as run of the mill everyday stuff, you're probably ok with ABE or even eBay. Be aware that most, if not all, eBay sellers don't know how to package books. If you're into flat signatures or inscriptions, best to ask here before purchasing to see if they're legit. Tons of fakes out here.
    Don't forget about Betts Books!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, yes. Betts for sure! David is great people and won't steer you wrong.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

You just have to be very, very quick to get the prized books.

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the great info! I’ll check out the other sources you mentioned. I’m currently not looking to get into signed stuff (though I did order the AE of TWTTK) but just want to hunt down DT I-IV and wouldn’t even mind the Viking printings. I believe those have the full color pages like the Grants?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget we have a classifieds thread here...

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How true. How very, very true.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a reason Book VII artist signed editions are still available new from Grant over 15 years later? Considering Whelan’s popularity as a Tower artist I guess I’m surprised they are still available (though admittedly have zero reference for how “big” an edition of 5,000 really is.)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

5,000 is an awful lot even for an artist like Whelan.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It was 1,000 books too many.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    It was 1,000 books too many.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question for the team A fellow book collector has an edition of Salem's Lot with $8.95 (unclipped) on the jacket, but the third paragraph has Callahan - not Cody. I'm guessing this is a later printing DJ?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Question for the team A fellow book collector has an edition of Salem's Lot with $8.95 (unclipped) on the jacket, but the third paragraph has Callahan - not Cody. I'm guessing this is a later printing DJ?
    Yep.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Yep.

Cheers mate

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Question: do the Grant and Viking versions of The Drawing of the Three have different Phil Hale artwork? Based on some comments I saw while searching for info on Hale’s artwork it seemed Books 1, 3, and 4 have the same artwork between the two releases but Hale made new art for the Viking?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Question: do the Grant and Viking versions of The Drawing of the Three have different Phil Hale artwork? Based on some comments I saw while searching for info on Hale’s artwork it seemed Books 1, 3, and 4 have the same artwork between the two releases but Hale made new art for the Viking?

I believe the Viking edition uses the new artwork that Phil Hale created for the second printing of the Grant edition.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

I believe the Viking edition uses the new artwork that Phil Hale created for the second printing of the Grant edition.
    Well...now I have another reason to track down a 1st edition Grant TDotT 😁

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure we could come up with a dozen more reasons.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy.

PM me.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 551 of 567 FirstFirst ... 51 451 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 561 ... LastLast