Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 549 of 567 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,725 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So..the Bachman Books dj variant / misprint..is that dj one that's impossible to find or can it be found with some patience?
    If it's truly just a misprint then I would think it's not very common.
    I have a copy of The Stand uncut..and it's jacket it missing the the actual title of the book. Just blank black space there.
    I wouldn't necessarily consider that a variant..just an error.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't recommend ordering the upcoming UK edition of ON WRITING from THE BOOK DEPOSITORY. They sent me an 18th printing of the 2012 paperback instead of the forthcoming 2020 edition. They'll accept a return for credit but they won't pay return postage. To me, this is a ripoff, because I paid double what the price on the 2012 paperback cost.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don't recommend ordering the upcoming UK edition of ON WRITING from THE BOOK DEPOSITORY. They sent me an 18th printing of the 2012 paperback instead of the forthcoming 2020 edition. They'll accept a return for credit but they won't pay return postage. To me, this is a ripoff, because I paid double what the price on the 2012 paperback cost.
    Have yet to receive mine but I'm not hopeful based on your experience.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the 2020 edition has a different ISBN than the 2012 edition than you didn't get what you ordered. Then they should fix it. But be sure you ordered the 2020 edition.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Have yet to receive mine but I'm not hopeful based on your experience.
    Pretty sure I'll end up with the wrong book as well. The UK shows a release date of September 2020, yet the book is already en route.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yes, the order says a 2020 release, with the SAME ISBN number as the 2012 release, so as far they are concerned, it's the same book.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a pain in the arse. They should resend the correct book, given it’s they error. But then again, they shouldn’t resend the correct book because they don’t care. I’m trying to avoid the bigger book sellers nowadays, and this just reaffirms this. Is it being released also in hardcover, or only pb?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    What a pain in the arse. They should resend the correct book, given it’s they error. But then again, they shouldn’t resend the correct book because they don’t care. I’m trying to avoid the bigger book sellers nowadays, and this just reaffirms this. Is it being released also in hardcover, or only pb?
    I believe just PB, Peri. If I get the wrong book, might have to hit up a UK friend to pick up the correct one.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the order says a 2020 release, with the SAME ISBN number as the 2012 release, so as far they are concerned, it's the same book.
    I didn't see a 2012 release on their site.

Me neither, I give up. The thing is, I also ordered the US version of this book from The Book Depository. I can't wait to see what they send me for that one, but I hope it's the one I want.

Country
    Country Flag

Me neither, I give up. The thing is, I also ordered the US version of this book from The Book Depository. I can't wait to see what they send me for that one, but I hope it's the one I want.
    I checked Waterstones website and the latest release they show is the 2012 edition with the same ISBN as you stated. I ordered my US copy from Water Street Books so I'm fairly confident that it'll be the correct copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

An extremely nice guy on Reddit gave this to me years ago. He said someone had gifted it to him and he wasn't sure the signature was real, and I'm not either. It doesn't look obviously fake to me, but what do you all think?

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    An extremely nice guy on Reddit gave this to me years go. He said someone had gifted it to him and he wasn't sure the signature was real, and I'm not either. It doesn't look obviously fake to me, but what do you all think?

It's good.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed!

sk

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Horrible, send it my way
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

The correct ISBN number of the new paperback edition of On Writing is 1982159375. The Book Depository only shows one result when I search for that number.

Be aware that the conversation between Joe Hill and Stephen King, which is one of the new pieces of content in this release, is just a transcript of the talk they gave at the Somerville Theatre. There's an hour-long video on YouTube of that very same event. I believe some members here actually attended it themselves?

Hope that helps!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ack, I was there. Wasn’t buying the book but now I have to for the interview
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Traveler qzyksw has a spectacular aura about qzyksw has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Hello,

I was wondering what an UK Rage and Roadwork is worth

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have two of these cases and one has a seperate panel/board with it. Help on what it is for? Did they all come with it?
    Thx

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The case that says Under The Dome is for that title in a gift edition. The GE came with a deck of cards that listed the primary characters in the book. The deck sat atop the book in a black box. The "filler" piece is for putting a trade 1st in, then using the insert to keep the book snug.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...COLLECTORS+SET

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The case that says Under The Dome is for that title in a gift edition. The GE came with a deck of cards that listed the primary characters in the book. The deck sat atop the book in a black box. The "filler" piece is for putting a trade 1st in, then using the insert to keep the book snug.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...COLLECTORS+SET
    Aww. . . For the trade. That is what I suspected. That answers that. Thanks, Jerome.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Are there different versions of Stephen King's book On Writing? I could have sworn I saw an anniversary edition a few years back which had extra stuff. Or is the content the same in all editions?
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to find out that the newer editions have articles from his sons Joe and Owen. That's the only difference.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    I was able to find out that the newer editions have articles from his sons Joe and Owen. That's the only difference.
    + an updated reading list

There was already a 10 year anniversary edition, and now this is the 20th anniversary version
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    + an updated reading list

There was already a 10 year anniversary edition, and now this is the 20th anniversary version
    I see the 20th anniversary edition only in paperback. Could not find a hardcover on amazon for B&N. I guess they just did a paperback release?
    WANTED:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 549 of 567 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 ... LastLast