Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 503 of 567 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 493 501 502 503 504 505 513 553 ... LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,575 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I was perusing Jeff's collection thread and came across a little back-and-forth between Jeff and Simon about the limited edition of Kingdom of Fear (Jeff's copy has a blue slipcase while Simon's - and I think all other copies I've seen - has a red slipcase. My copy has a red slipcase as well).

I have a different question though. My copy is a Presentation Copy. How common are these? (I might be interested in selling it, by the way).

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I was perusing Jeff's collection thread and came across a little back-and-forth between Jeff and Simon about the limited edition of Kingdom of Fear (Jeff's copy has a blue slipcase while Simon's - and I think all other copies I've seen - has a red slipcase. My copy has a red slipcase as well).

I have a different question though. My copy is a Presentation Copy. How common are these? (I might be interested in selling it, by the way).
    George Beahm's collecting guide lists it as "an indeterminate number'. I'd be interested in this Michäel, depending on the price - shoot me a PM.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

U/M generally did about 20 Presentation Copies of their books. If Simon doesn't buy it, let me know.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Simon and Steve - I have no clue what it's worth and I don't remember what I paid for it. There are two presentation copies on ABE for > $100. If I decide to let it go I'll let you know. Thanks!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have any more info on the Bag of Bones 2018 Special Edition to be published by Scribner in Sept this year?

Hardcover: 560 pages
    Publisher: Scribner Book Company; Special ed. edition (4 Sept. 2018 )
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1982102497
    ISBN-13: 978-1982102494
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will send them an email, but it's very unlikely that I will get a reply from them.
    The only "foreign" person that has managed to get in touch with Scribner is the one and only contest winner
    Even Lilja do not have any contact with them...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a special Bag of Bones edition?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    That's exactly what went through my brain, and I'm thinking, oh no, I'm broke as it is! Please stop already!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dont worry, it will be a Scribner special edition. Not a Suntup one
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    That's exactly what went through my brain, and I'm thinking, oh no, I'm broke as it is! Please stop already!
    Presumably a 20th anniversary edition, celebrating King's debut with the publisher. The ISBN matches the existing edition of the book, though.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And don't forget the H&S and WH Smith editions
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    And don't forget the H&S and WH Smith editions

And thanks Bev!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Anyone know of a list of King's highest selling books in ranked order up to date?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have an estimate value on the Black House Press Kit? Juliana had one time ago but I can't remember the price.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Didnt you just bought it?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought the house, not the box. I'm interested in the full box.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Didnt you just bought it?
    Ari buys stuff? I thought he just won everything
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

HA! Ari buys...more than he should
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    HA! Ari buys...more than he should
    I hear ya.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I am curious if anyone has ever heard of using naptha (Ronsol lighter fluid) to remove price tags from dust jackets. I used to collect Hot Wheels and found it very effective. It never affected the cards and it evaporates without any odor. I actually soaked a card overnight to unseal the blister package from the card, do custom work on the car and reglue it, all without any sign it had ever been removed. I have to believe it would work on a dust jacket.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Maybe get a couple goodwill/thrift books to test it on. They usually have original price tag along with their tags, to try to unstick. Gotta love the tear/split price tags, those are the worst.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    I am curious if anyone has ever heard of using naptha (Ronsol lighter fluid) to remove price tags from dust jackets. I used to collect Hot Wheels and found it very effective. It never affected the cards and it evaporates without any odor. I actually soaked a card overnight to unseal the blister package from the card, do custom work on the car and reglue it, all without any sign it had ever been removed. I have to believe it would work on a dust jacket.
    I don't use it. I use a solvent from Brodart. It would probably work though. It's oil based and might stain an older style dustjacket. The newer glossy dustjackets would probably be okay.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'd have to find an older book, though. The one I'm wanting to clean up is a 2nd ed Bachman Book. Someone had tried to remove it but it's dried on pretty good.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I don't use it. I use a solvent from Brodart. It would probably work though. It's oil based and might stain an older style dustjacket. The newer glossy dustjackets would probably be okay.
    Oooh what's it called? And have you used it on both older and newer dustjackets? I love Brodart products.

I have had success using ultra-high-proof alcohol (190+) - NOT rubbing alcohol - but I don't have anymore and I need to find something else.

Also a hair-dryer on low heat applied for just a minute will usually melt the glue enough to carefully peel a sticker off. But then if there is still residue you need something to clean it with anyway...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Oooh what's it called? And have you used it on both older and newer dustjackets? I love Brodart products.

I have had success using ultra-high-proof alcohol (190+) - NOT rubbing alcohol - but I don't have anymore and I need to find something else.

Also a hair-dryer on low heat applied for just a minute will usually melt the glue enough to carefully peel a sticker off. But then if there is still residue you need something to clean it with anyway...
    From what I saw on their website, I think it's calls Un-Du. eBay has it for about $10.50 & free shipping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 503 of 567 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 493 501 502 503 504 505 513 553 ... LastLast