Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 567 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 547 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 14173

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    mine is white with black pinstripes... very sheik looking...
    Kind of like this?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    So I guess a follow up question: Given that it is a book club edition either way, is there a need to acquire both?
    I'm not sure Bob would even want 2 of these.
    Well, I do have two. I have the red leatherette edition and the white board edition. But I am not in the market for the black board edition. I'm fine with what I have.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Why do you say that? The fact that its a book club book? Because its non-fiction? Or because its crappy?
    Yes, all 3

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    mine is white with black pinstripes... very sheik looking...
    Kind of like this?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received this book when it was first offered and it had black boards.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

White boards on mine.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I got it when it first came out and it had black boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I got mine right when it came out. White boards.
    Now look what you have started Eric. We have all had to drag our copies out to have a look. FWIW mine is black, and I got it off eBay years after release.
    Maybe BOMC just wants to be politically correct.

To cover all bases I'm now looking for the:

The Jewish Version
    Catholic Version
    Baptist Version
    Atheist Version (oh wait, that one doesn't exist)

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    even though society says it exists... it makes no sense that it would exist... and it's never been actually seen... and I, for one, do not believe it exists.

many believe it once existed and was the basis of the universes that the god named stephen king made in seven days... likely... if it ever existed, it is now known as "Faithful"

sir_boomme = the atheistic Tower of Babel(ing)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's an auction by renowned seller brentkpg that describes the book being issued in both black and white boards. So, for those of you with white looking to pick up a little black...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SEC...QQcmdZViewItem

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Here's an auction by renowned seller brentkpg that describes the book being issued in both black and white boards. So, for those of you with white looking to pick up a little black...

I guess I should have given him credit for the picture I originally posted. (Side note, what do we know about brentkpg? I've never bought anything from him.)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I should have given him credit for the picture I originally posted. (Side note, what do we know about brentkpg? I've never bought anything from him.)
    I have bought a couple things from him over the past 10 years. Small stuff mostly. My dealings have always met my complete satisfaction, but my last one was maybe 5 years ago. His prices are a little on the high side. Not bad bit a bit of a stretch.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

(Side note, what do we know about brentkpg? I've never bought anything from him.)

I have bought a couple things from him over the past 10 years. Small stuff mostly. My dealings have always met my complete satisfaction, but my last one was maybe 5 years ago. His prices are a little on the high side. Not bad bit a bit of a stretch.
    I have had no problems with him. As Wiz said, he's a bit pricey for eBay.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Black boards on mine.

Now that I know it exists, I kinda want the one with the white boards too. This collecting thing is a sickness.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Black boards on mine.

Now that I know it exists, I kinda want the one with the white boards too. This collecting thing is a sickness.
    Don't forget the red leather Stephen King Library edition!

Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Black boards on mine.

Don't forget the red leather Stephen King Library edition!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the red leather (I believe from you, Eric) and the black boards. I need the white.

*eyes his roommates copy which does have white boards*
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Go for it, Brice!

I don't have any red leather books from the SK Library.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I only have the one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm having a heck of a time deciding of some of this stuff.

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two that have the same ISBN #?

0-385-12167-9

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Need to know more about the first one.
    What if any price is on the dustjacket?
    Does it state "First Edition" on the copyright page?
    What is the gutter code on page 447?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

$8.95 is on the dust jacket
    The copyright page does not say "First Edition"
    The Gutter Code is S14

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For a first edition, it should have an R49 in the gutter and say "First Edition" on the copyright page. Price was $8.95. You probably have a second printing.

The second book is a reprint that was done a number of years ago. I don't know why it would have the same ISBN.

John

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The top picture is a First Edition, later printing. From the gutter code, I think it was printed in 1978--the year after the first printing.

The bottom picture is a much later re-release of the novel. I'd buy the top one, if it's not overly priced.

Edited to add...yeah, what John said!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John, that is what I figured.

Ah--even better NK, thanks for the info.

The first one is going to be auctioned during the fundraiser. It's certainly not in perfect condition.

That's actually it above

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, a question (to the experts). Since the price is the same as the First Printing, are there differences that separate this dust jacket from a first printing jacket???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 567 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 547 ... LastLast