Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 463 of 567 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 461 462 463 464 465 473 513 563 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,575 of 14173

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Having a case made for my signed 1st US IT... is there a member or two out there that can post the EXACT size of the book? It would really help me as I am away from my collection for the next few days at work and cannot myself.... thanks guys! YOUR THE BEST!
    My IT is a 1/1 with a pretty tight spine and DJ cover on it. If your has a lose cover you might want to look at the depth.
    I am giving exact measurements in inches and cm since I'm not sure where you are ordering from.
    Cover Height: 9 1/2 inches 24.1 cm
    Cover Width: 6 1/2 inches 16.5 cm
    Depth (Spine Width): 2 3/8 inches 6 cm
    THANK YOU!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    6 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 2 1/2 with brodart.
    THANKS!
    make that 2 1/4 SORRY.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Having a case made for my signed 1st US IT... is there a member or two out there that can post the EXACT size of the book? It would really help me as I am away from my collection for the next few days at work and cannot myself.... thanks guys! YOUR THE BEST!
    My IT is a 1/1 with a pretty tight spine and DJ cover on it. If your has a lose cover you might want to look at the depth.
    I am giving exact measurements in inches and cm since I'm not sure where you are ordering from.
    Cover Height: 9 1/2 inches 24.1 cm
    Cover Width: 6 1/2 inches 16.5 cm
    Depth (Spine Width): 2 3/8 inches 6 cm
    THANK YOU!!!
    I don't know where in the after market slipcase thread off hand, but I posted one that I had made from Jeff W. I also listed the dimensions of what I had made for it. If that helps.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Is there a section/thread that deals with mass market paperbacks?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    No.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    No.
    Thanks.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Paul (Zelig) started posting pictures of the new paperbacks in the ORACLE SEcTION

look for this thread ---- Scribner acquires most of King's back catalog

not sure if this is what you are looking for but He has been up to date in supplying pictures and release dates of the new covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Paul (Zelig) started posting pictures of the new paperbacks in the SChribner acquires rights to king books . He has been up to date in supplying pictures and release dates.
    Hey thanks for that response. I know! I've seen his collection, very cool! I wish I could collect all of those, so far I just have the It one. I had a question about the first printing of The Shining signet paperback, specifically what the numberline was for a first printing, that led me to search for a thread or section that was devoted to all of King's mass market paperbacks which I now know does not exist. I can only imagine the time and effort that would go into cataloguing all of those paperbacks!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Paul (Zelig) started posting pictures of the new paperbacks in the SChribner acquires rights to king books . He has been up to date in supplying pictures and release dates.
    Hey thanks for that response. I know! I've seen his collection, very cool! I wish I could collect all of those, so far I just have the It one. I had a question about the first printing of The Shining signet paperback, specifically what the numberline was for a first printing, that led me to search for a thread or section that was devoted to all of King's mass market paperbacks which I now know does not exist. I can only imagine the time and effort that would go into cataloguing all of those paperbacks!!
    I created a list and its in a thread somewhere. I went through all my paperbacks and listed the price, publishing date, ISBN #, etc... I did this about 2 years ago. I could not even begin to guess what thread. all my paperbacks are packed away. I will look over the weekend.

I created a list and its in a thread somewhere. I went through all my paperbacks and listed the price, publishing date, ISBN #, etc... I did this about 2 years ago. I could not even begin to guess what thread. all my paperbacks are packed away. I will look over the weekend.
    Sweet! I'd love to see that thread. I am (very slowly) trying to build up a first print collection of the mm paperbacks.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

The 1st SIGNET EDITION IS THE BLACK ON CROME COVER. The copyright page reads First Signet Printing January 1978
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The back reads SOON TO BE A STANLEY KUBRICK FILM
    STARRING JACK NICHOLSON! (Is why I own one.)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think all the Signet 1st printings have that numberline. I like the mass-market PBs too and I agree that a PB Catalog would be nice. As long as it is restricted to 1st printings it would not be a huge undertaking. They could even be added to the existing 1st editions Catalog.

Thanks guys!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! I'd love to see that thread. I am (very slowly) trying to build up a first print collection of the mm paperbacks.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...S+1st+Editions

go to the discussion tab and it's the first post. I knew I had seen it somewhere when I was cleaning up the wiki. Maybe someday when I have time again I can make a real entry in the catalog that's easy to read for it.

EDIT: As a note the ISBNs listed there are the paperback ISBNs and funny enough Micahel you were the one who built it I believe so you get your PB catalog

I love this place!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No.

Yes.
    Sorry I wasn't aware.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

If you'd like, I can scan the front and back covers and also the spines. We can use these in the database.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    If you'd like, I can scan the front and back covers and also the spines. We can use these in the database.
    That would be nice. I used some website software that (jscmcmullin) recommended that joins the 3 images. Then they should be uploaded to our server.
    PM me and I can set you up to load pics. Then you can edit/create the Catalog articles.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

go to the discussion tab and it's the first post. I knew I had seen it somewhere when I was cleaning up the wiki. Maybe someday when I have time again I can make a real entry in the catalog that's easy to read for it.

EDIT: As a note the ISBNs listed there are the paperback ISBNs and funny enough Micahel you were the one who built it I believe so you get your PB catalog
    I made a list of ISBN numbers once (which I lifted from Justin's Bibliography) but IIRC they were for the trade 1st hardcovers.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be nice. I used some website software that (jscmcmullin) recommended that joins the 3 images. Then they should be uploaded to our server.
    PM me and I can set you up to load pics. Then you can edit/create the Catalog articles.
    Will do. I may not have the time right now to create the articles but I can get the scans done. That itself will take a good deal of time.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Will do. I may not have the time right now to create the articles but I can get the scans done. That itself will take a good deal of time.
    You have no idea

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What do people know about these Stephen King signed guitars I see on eBay? Anything?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    What do people know about these Stephen King signed guitars I see on eBay? Anything?
    Waste of money. The only valuable King signed guitar is the Taylor-Cujo S/L edition.

Taylor Cujo Guitar - S/L

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

When you guys get new dust jackets for books how do you fold the DJ around the book? I have some new DJs I need to put on but when I put them on since they come rolled it's hard to get them to sit nice against the book without large gaps. Any tips or tricks for this?

When you guys get new dust jackets for books how do you fold the DJ around the book? I have some new DJs I need to put on but when I put them on since they come rolled it's hard to get them to sit nice against the book without large gaps. Any tips or tricks for this?
    If you have the old dust jacket, this is what I do, I put the mylar on the old DJ first. It makes a mold for the new one. Take the old dust jacket out and put the new one inside the mylar and position it where you want it. Usually works pretty well for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 463 of 567 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 461 462 463 464 465 473 513 563 ... LastLast