Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 458 of 567 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 468 508 558 ... LastLast
Results 11,426 to 11,450 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Good morning. CD's site has Charlie the Choo-choo up for sale. On other threads we read and saw this book on ebay sell for a TON signed by the author, Evans. CD and Amazon have listed this book for nothing nowhere near what it was selling for. So people, what do you think? Is this edition different then the ebay selling one? Anyone know what the print run is of this book? Or the value of the recently sold ones now?
    There is a difference. The recently announced trade edition has a blurb by King printed on the top of the front board. There will likely be a price printed somewhere on the back cover as well as a bar code. The 150 or so copies distributed at the SDCC had no blurb or bar code.

The one currently being sold by CD and amazon (and others) is the later trade edition. Time will tell what the future value of each edition will be but "first is first" and the books distributed at SDCC are definitely earlier.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Okay good, haha. It kinda looked like it was bound in at first, and when I went to turn it it just came out. A beautiful edition overall, really. Thanks for the info.
    Yep, it's all good. Just a loose protective leaf for the signature ink to not transfer on preceding page. And yes, I really love that edition, congrats.
    Yes. I have one in the PS Thinner and Carrie for sure. Not sure about the others. I left them in, but they are loose. More protection never hurt.
    "More protection never hurt". That is very true.

I purchase archive glassine sheets, cut in squares, and place between signatures, remarques, drawings, etc. in all my books.

http://www.archivalmethods.com/produ...t-interleaving

Mulleins
    I wanted to let everyone know that this site is cheaper for these sheets then Brodart. Also, is this "paper" the same thing as tissue paper? Is there a difference?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Okay good, haha. It kinda looked like it was bound in at first, and when I went to turn it it just came out. A beautiful edition overall, really. Thanks for the info.
    Yep, it's all good. Just a loose protective leaf for the signature ink to not transfer on preceding page. And yes, I really love that edition, congrats.
    Yes. I have one in the PS Thinner and Carrie for sure. Not sure about the others. I left them in, but they are loose. More protection never hurt.
    "More protection never hurt". That is very true.

I purchase archive glassine sheets, cut in squares, and place between signatures, remarques, drawings, etc. in all my books.

http://www.archivalmethods.com/produ...t-interleaving

Mulleins
    I wanted to let everyone know that this site is cheaper for these sheets then Brodart. Also, is this "paper" the same thing as tissue paper? Is there a difference?
    Yes, a big difference. Tissue paper has dye in it (including white). Glassine sheets are designed for archive protection. I've used the Glassine method for years without issue.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Good morning. CD's site has Charlie the Choo-choo up for sale. On other threads we read and saw this book on ebay sell for a TON signed by the author, Evans. CD and Amazon have listed this book for nothing nowhere near what it was selling for. So people, what do you think? Is this edition different then the ebay selling one? Anyone know what the print run is of this book? Or the value of the recently sold ones now?
    There is a difference. The recently announced trade edition has a blurb by King printed on the top of the front board. There will likely be a price printed somewhere on the back cover as well as a bar code. The 150 or so copies distributed at the SDCC had no blurb or bar code.

The one currently being sold by CD and amazon (and others) is the later trade edition. Time will tell what the future value of each edition will be but "first is first" and the books distributed at SDCC are definitely earlier.
    That's why I was curious and asked. Love the info, thanks!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Thanks about the glassine info too. I feel it is a great idea and buying 100 sheets, well, I'm going to have to get a lot more books that need special care.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Thanks about the glassine info too. I feel it is a great idea and buying 100 sheets, well, I'm going to have to get a lot more books that need special care.
    ordered! i love the idea, i always wondered what people did to prevent remarks from bleeding through.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    ordered! i love the idea, i always wondered what people did to prevent remarks from bleeding through.
    I ordered a 100 sheets as well. Pissed because UPS is supposed to delivery tomorrow and I might have to evacuate. Florida: Why do people want to live here?!

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I ordered a 100 sheets as well. Pissed because UPS is supposed to delivery tomorrow and I might have to evacuate. Florida: Why do people want to live here?!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Pissed because UPS is supposed to delivery tomorrow and I might have to evacuate. Florida: Why do people want to live here?!
    Don't you live on the Gulf side? You'll be fine. I live in Brevard Co., otherwise known as ground zero.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Pissed because UPS is supposed to delivery tomorrow and I might have to evacuate. Florida: Why do people want to live here?!
    Don't you live on the Gulf side? You'll be fine. I live in Brevard Co., otherwise known as ground zero.
    St. Augustine, 30 plus minutes south of Jacksonville. We evacuated and went to Orlando. My father owns 3 properties on the water, the one that might get hit bad, maybe, is in Neptune Beach where a brother of mine lives. Yes I have insured my collection and personal belongings, but the lose could be quite severe. We will see, but it sounds like the hurricane might be getting s tad closer then it was initially thought. The east coast could become a disaster. Hope not.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

St. Augustine, 30 plus minutes south of Jacksonville. We evacuated and went to Orlando. My father owns 3 properties on the water, the one that might get hit bad, maybe, is in Neptune Beach where a brother of mine lives. Yes I have insured my collection and personal belongings, but the lose could be quite severe. We will see, but it sounds like the hurricane might be getting s tad closer then it was initially thought. The east coast could become a disaster. Hope not.
    I went to school at Flagler. Hoping there is minimal damage. Stay safe!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I went to school at Flagler. Hoping there is minimal damage. Stay safe!!
    My sister went there. Pretty cool school. Thanks! Hope I don't lose my books..........................

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope all of you folks in the pathway weather this storm(pardon the pun) safe and sound and that all is okay people(and books)wise.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Stephen King has had several appearances in Locus magazine....things like letters to the editor, tributes to recently deceased writers, etc. I think there are eight total appearances in Locus. These can be difficult to find. I recently became aware of some that I was missing and went to the usual places to search, like eBay, amazon and ABE. Some of the issues I needed were expensive. One seller wanted about $70 for one of the issues I needed from 1983. Luckily before I bought them I found out that back issues as far back as 1974 can be ordered directly from Locus for very reasonable prices. And they seem to have most of the issues with King still in stock! Who knew?

https://secure.locusmag.com/Magazine/BackIssues.html

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King has had several appearances in Locus magazine....things like letters to the editor, tributes to recently deceased writers, etc. I think there are eight total appearances in Locus. These can be difficult to find. I recently became aware of some that I was missing and went to the usual places to search, like eBay, amazon and ABE. Some of the issues I needed were expensive. One seller wanted about $70 for one of the issues I needed from 1983. Luckily before I bought them I found out that back issues as far back as 1974 can be ordered directly from Locus for very reasonable prices. And they seem to have most of the issues with King still in stock! Who knew?

In the old days, I'd just ask Charles (the publisher-now deceased) for one. He used to shop at the supermarket I managed in Montclair Village, Ca.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I misremembered.

St. Augustine is definitely in the path. Probably wise going to Orlando.

It's certainly a nerve-wracking situation.

Good thoughts to you and your collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I hope all of you folks in the pathway weather this storm(pardon the pun) safe and sound and that all is okay people(and books)wise.
    Thanks Lori.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Thanks Bob for this tip, I just bought several! Well, I hope my order went through okay as the next screen to "confirm" was blank. We'll see.
    ~Jonathan

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought all the ones I was missing from Locus' website. It's a great resource!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post

Thanks Bob for this tip, I just bought several! Well, I hope my order went through okay as the next screen to "confirm" was blank. We'll see.
    Jonathan,
    My "confirm" screen was blank too. Then the next day (or maybe the day after) I got an e-mail from the editor needing my OK to add the postage charges to my credit card charge. The issues were then mailed the next day.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's interesting how they are still available from Locus. I remember once checking Salt Hill Journal directly for the King issue but alas it wasn't the same case as Locus.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post

Jonathan,
    My "confirm" screen was blank too. Then the next day (or maybe the day after) I got an e-mail from the editor needing my OK to add the postage charges to my credit card charge. The issues were then mailed the next day.
    Somebody at Locus is probably wondering why the sudden rush on these specific back issues.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tell them it's because a SK collector mentioned it on TheDarkTower.org

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Totally random question:

I was flipping through CELL last night and it got me to thinking. I have a vague recollection of a charity auction that included the chance to be a character in the next Stephen King novel, which I believe to be CELL (could be wrong).
    Does anybody else recall this? Do you know which book and who it was? was it anybody here the lucky winner?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It was Cell, the winner was a girl that gave the brother's name as a gift to him:

http://www.today.com/id/9398676/ns/t...-name-auction/
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 458 of 567 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 468 508 558 ... LastLast