Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 567 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 496 546 ... LastLast
Results 11,126 to 11,150 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you know who Zelig is using for the rebinding?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

No, but I PM'd him and let him know about this thread. I'm sure he'll post soon.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dan, there are so many bookbinders out there. It's a matter of doing some research and finding a good balance between cost and quality. When it comes to rebinding books, you're only limited by your imagination and budget. The one I used is called Bohemio bindery.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dan, there are so many bookbinders out there. It's a matter of doing some research and finding a good balance between cost and quality. When it comes to rebinding books, you're only limited by your imagination and budget. The one I used is called Bohemio bindery.
    Thanks!

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default What have I done?

So I purchased a signed collection of Stephen King books today, and I'm genuinely unsure if what I purchased contains legitimate signatures.

16 books total, 15 Signet paperbacks and 1 Plume.

The seller said that he entered a contest in the early-mid 80's. He said he thought it was a Coles bookstore newsletter or magazine, involving identifying characters from stephen king novels by their initials, and that the grand prize was a signed collection of softcover books.

What looks good about it? The time line makes sense, these are early King books, the editions look like they're in relatively new condition and of identical vintage, all matching Signet books with matching book plates.

What looks bad? Well the signatures are inconsistent. Some look good, others... less so? The "g" changes, the "s" changes. I've never seen book plates like this on softcover before. While the signets are a set, how does Creepshow factor in? Why a solo Plume book? Also, the gentleman I bought them from had no proof or literature.

The price made the risk acceptable, but I would LOVE to know if I won big or got burned like a chump. Has anyone ever heard of such a contest? It would likely have been Canadian specific. Have people seen these book plates before? Are variations in his signature common for that era? Really looking for you Stephen King historians to weigh in on this one.

Photo gallery is here; https://imgur.com/a/RBaSq

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Why one green signature? Same bookplate, same signature style, but why one green one? lol

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah. That's also a weird one, lol

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have seen the plates before, and think the signatures are good....but would only value these at $60-75 each........hope you did not pay more than that.

Whoever got the plates decided what books to put them in.....if the story was true, then it was the bookstore who decided what books the plates went into.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that all of the signatures look good.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are good NO question... but I agree with Tippy on price. Less than $50 would have been a decent deal...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Very happy to hear that the consensus is that they're good . Even with the relatively low evaluations on price, I did very well it would seem.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You did really well. You scored 16 books with nice artwork and legitimate signatures. That Different Seasons edition isn't easy to find so bonus points for that.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    You did really well. You scored 16 books with nice artwork and legitimate signatures. That Different Seasons edition isn't easy to find so bonus points for that.
    Did you see the ad by chance? It was an online listing and the gentleman said someone contacted him moments after I emailed him. I was wondering if it was another local member perhaps.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that we have the answer, I'll merge this into the Collecting Questions thread in a bit.
    Congratulations on a good deal.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Now that we have the answer, I'll merge this into the Collecting Questions thread in a bit.
    Congratulations on a good deal.
    Ah, I'm sorry RF, probably should have been there from the start, that's my mistake. Thanks for letting it sit in CC for a while.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Did you see the ad by chance? It was an online listing and the gentleman said someone contacted him moments after I emailed him. I was wondering if it was another local member perhaps.
    It wasn't me. I'm surprised something this cool was sold locally. It's usually Rose Madder and Tommyknockers with owners' stamps.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on a cool grab!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like 'em. Nice find.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Has anyone shopped around or owned any archival mylar or plastic "sleeves" for storing collectible posters (movie or book promo posters)? I've tried looking around on the web the last week but not sure what the best kind are to get and/or the most affordable in a bulk price. I sadly don't have the room to put up all my Stephen King posters but I have some I'd like to store properly instead of having them rolled up in tubes no one can see. Any advice would be appreciated!
    ~Jonathan

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought my flat storage boxes and sleeves from Bags Unlimited.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-3079...er-sleeve.aspx

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I bought my flat storage boxes and sleeves from Bags Unlimited.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-3079...er-sleeve.aspx
    Thanks Lurker - That's not a bad price! Are these just bags though? Was looking for something more like a hard plastic sleeve for them to possibly be stacked together standing up on the ground.
    ~Jonathan

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh. Yeah - they have everything...

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-2694-toploaders.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Oh. Yeah - they have everything...

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-2694-toploaders.aspx
    Yeah! That's what I'm looking for. Thanks! I didn't realize that's what they were called.
    ~Jonathan

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    So I purchased a signed collection of Stephen King books today, and I'm genuinely unsure if what I purchased contains legitimate signatures.

16 books total, 15 Signet paperbacks and 1 Plume.

The seller said that he entered a contest in the early-mid 80's. He said he thought it was a Coles bookstore newsletter or magazine, involving identifying characters from stephen king novels by their initials, and that the grand prize was a signed collection of softcover books.

What looks good about it? The time line makes sense, these are early King books, the editions look like they're in relatively new condition and of identical vintage, all matching Signet books with matching book plates.

What looks bad? Well the signatures are inconsistent. Some look good, others... less so? The "g" changes, the "s" changes. I've never seen book plates like this on softcover before. While the signets are a set, how does Creepshow factor in? Why a solo Plume book? Also, the gentleman I bought them from had no proof or literature.

The price made the risk acceptable, but I would LOVE to know if I won big or got burned like a chump. Has anyone ever heard of such a contest? It would likely have been Canadian specific. Have people seen these book plates before? Are variations in his signature common for that era? Really looking for you Stephen King historians to weigh in on this one.

Photo gallery is here; https://imgur.com/a/RBaSq
    That's a unique signed set. I like it. Congrats.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Help! Any Russian speaking or collectors here living in Europe that might be able to help? I came across this photo on Instagram of a Russian magazine with King on the cover but can't find it on the web. Would love a copy for my Stephen King cover mag collection. If anyone could help I would be forever grateful.

The name of the magazine is Ksiazki.

[/URL]
    ~Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 567 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 496 546 ... LastLast