Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 434 of 567 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 432 433 434 435 436 444 484 534 ... LastLast
Results 10,826 to 10,850 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    What would be the current market value of PS Deluxe Traycased Chadbourne edition of The Colorado Kid 1/33 NOT PC? The collector site has these at $1000-1700 which seems very high to me.

Thanks.
    Colorado Kid #21 of 33 - Fine in Fine traycase (Miller) - $699
    Colorado Kid #17 of 33 - Fine/Fine (Potter) - $650
    Colorado Kid #23 of 33 - Fine in Fine traycase - $450
    Colorado Kid #10 of 33 - Fine in Fine traycase (Potter) - $450
    Colorado Kid #8 of 33 Chadbourne edition - featuring 3 full page color remarques and one double page pen and ink sketch - $900

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks once again, Alan.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sadly I am going to have to list some books of mine. What would be a fair listing price for a second printing Gunslinger in near fine condition with a fine to mint dust cover?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Sadly I am going to have to list some books of mine. What would be a fair listing price for a second printing Gunslinger in near fine condition with a fine to mint dust cover?
    List it on ebay for $225. It will likely sell for $~275-$300 but you will eat fees. Keep in mind that you need to post 9 or 10 high resolution pics.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    List it on ebay for $225. It will likely sell for $~275-$300 but you will eat fees. Keep in mind that you need to post 9 or 10 high resolution pics.
    Thanks RF!!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Fascinating.....I came across this variation in DJ as I was shelving some of my books.

Front

Back

Notice on the front, how the girl's hair and the gnome is more defined with the lighter ink coverage. On the back, the head peeking out of the trees on the bottom left and the head (?) under right tree branch is completely obscured in the other copy. I wonder which variation is more common?.

I really need to get out more......
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's interesting. Mine is like the one on the left. You think maybe it's just a printing anomaly.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting!
    So I had to go look also and found one of each. You are right. There are differences. Especially on the back and the gnome.
    SO now the verdict is 2:2....
    fun stuff...

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a question about Broadart covers on your books.

I think it's safe to say that a broad art on a regular trade edition is required. What about books with slipcases or tray cases? Is it wise to just go ahead and put a cover on all books or is it unnecessary for a book in a slipcase or tray case?

Just curious.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I put a Brodart on ALL BOOKS. Slipcase, Traycase or otherwise.

The book I am sending you has a Brodart and fits nicely in the slipcase.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Many times the book won't slide in the slipcase with the Brodart on.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Talisman Random House Edition

I understand the number line starts with '2' but does it state anywhere on the copyright page of a true first of this edition that it is a first edition? Shopping around for one and just want to make sure I have my facts straight before purchase. Thanks!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I understand the number line starts with '2' but does it state anywhere on the copyright page of a true first of this edition that it is a first edition? Shopping around for one and just want to make sure I have my facts straight before purchase. Thanks!
    You mean Black House? States "First Trade Edition" directly under the number line.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, I'm asking about The Talisman from Random House.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just searched out my copy, it does not mention being a first edition on the copyright page (I suppose because of it being a reprint). Sometime ago I asked a similar question and no one had a copy with a number line starting with a 1 and seems to follow the Black House 1st with starting with a 2.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Just searched out my copy, it does not mention being a first edition on the copyright page (I suppose because of it being a reprint). Sometime ago I asked a similar question and no one had a copy with a number line starting with a 1 and seems to follow the Black House 1st with starting with a 2.
    Thanks, Jon! Just wanted to be sure. All I could find was it mentioned on the CP that it was first printed by Viking in 1984 I believe and carried the same number line as Black House.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whoops, my bad. My Random House Talisman is actually being shipped to me as I type!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Whoops, my bad. My Random House Talisman is actually being shipped to me as I type!
    Peri

Country
    Country Flag

I tried to give you a flame thrower rep, but have to spread some love first - so let it be said +1

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Catalog is your friend
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I tried to give you a flame thrower rep, but have to spread some love first - so let it be said +1

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Gotcha, Simon on Black House as I own that copy. Just wanted to make doubly sure with The Talisman . It being a reprint and all; not appearing in said catalog.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Gotcha, Simon on Black House as I own that copy. Just wanted to make doubly sure with The Talisman . It being a reprint and all; not appearing in said catalog.
    See what I started?

Country
    Country Flag

See what I started?
    Yea, Peri! So fired right now.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Fascinating.....I came across this variation in DJ as I was shelving some of my books.

Front

Back

Notice on the front, how the girl's hair and the gnome is more defined with the lighter ink coverage. On the back, the head peeking out of the trees on the bottom left and the head (?) under right tree branch is completely obscured in the other copy. I wonder which variation is more common?.

I really need to get out more......
    I have four copies of this book. I never noticed the difference before but all four of mine have slight differences in the tone or tint of the dust jacket. None of mine have ink as dark as your darker copy though. As Paul (zelig) suggested it is likely a variation in the printing process. Thanks for pointing it out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 434 of 567 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 432 433 434 435 436 444 484 534 ... LastLast