Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 567 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 542 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

With the th sound.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tabitha pronunciation

Use example #1

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    I bought the Overlook Connection magazine from Allen Koszowski on Ebay.
    He is a "famous" artist, but i wonder if anyone here know if he have done some works for Stephen King.
    I tried to ask Allen but he didnīt answer me.
    anyone?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    I bought the Overlook Connection magazine from Allen Koszowski on Ebay.
    He is a "famous" artist, but i wonder if anyone here know if he have done some works for Stephen King.
    I tried to ask Allen but he didnīt answer me.
    anyone?
    I know Allen's done some freelance/fan art stuff from Kings work. But I can't remember him ever doing a piece for a short story or published book.

Allen did this piece for me from The Mist this past summer (see picture) We had a couple drinks together that evening. He absolutely loves Kings work.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Thanks Mulleins for the info and a nice story!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice photo with the artist, and great little piece he did for you, Ralph.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This might be kind of a stupid question, but it's something that I've wondered about lately.

I've noticed on some of my books, especially the older ones, that the page block has started to droop somewhat. I can only assume this is due to the book being stored upright in a bookcase for years on end. For those of you that have large collections of valuable books, do you do anything about this, like store the books upside down, or is this just one of those things that happens?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There has been some discussion about "book shoes, blocks?"
    Laying books on their "side" creates other problems.
    It's something that is worthy of great discussion.
    I know I have "blocks" for The Stand S/L and 'Salem's Lot (particularly when in the traycase).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is a good question. I was looking for that prior discussion as well. I wish I had a copy of Jerome's book blocks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think somewhere I posted the specs for both "page blocks" (or is it "shoes"?)

Found a link for Book Shoe

Many western bookbinders have never mastered the stress factors set up in the vertically stored book (Figure 1): the drag of the text block within the boards (A) causes that characteristic flattening at the head of the spine (B) and increased rounding at its tail (C), and leads to breakup at the head of the joints (D). Such stresses are exacerbated when the closed book is left unsupported and free to expand and partially open (E). To avoid this, concerned library personnel try to pack their book shelves tightly. But this encourages damage to head caps and abrasion to side boards during removal. If a book with tail squares (the part of the board that extends beyond the bottom of the text block) must be stood vertically, the best method is to encase it entirely in a tailor-made, well-constructed book box that includes a text-block support to halt the downward drag of the closed text block. If this is not possible because the book must be regarded as a decorative feature, one should at least keep the fore edge tightly closed and provide a tailored text-block support piece (F). Slipcases, which have a closed top, have sometimes been used for this purpose. But, they are now thought of as harmful to bookbindings, particularly ones with fragile or friable exterior surfaces, because of the abrasion caused by the design.
    The book shoe is in essence a slipcase without a top that is fitted with a text-block support. The shoe holds the book closed and the support removes much of the strain on the text block of a vertically shelved book.
    Book shoes do the following:
    • supply a simple means of text-block support
    • protect the sides of decorated or fragile bindings, such as those covered in textiles, from their neighbors
    • isolate books with metal furniture such as clasps or bosses, and prevent the metalwork from damaging the books on either side (although it is strongly recommended to house such bindings in custom-made book boxes)
    • prevent textile or leather ties from being caught under neighboring books
    • reduce wear to the tail edges of binding boards as books are drawn in and out of shelves
    • allow books to be moved without the binding being touched.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Thanks for posting.

Along the Path of the Beam jcf817 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The saga has ended.

Guess what showed up in the mail today!
    Woohoo!

It's bee-you-tee-ful!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hopefully your original order arrives having been only delayed. If it's in transit Amazon can not find it, nor can they rescind it.
    Good luck, and once again, welcome to the Collector's area.
    See I am psychic.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have one for sale!
    Unopened still in wrap!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcf817 View Post
    The saga has ended.

Guess what showed up in the mail today!
    Woohoo!

It's bee-you-tee-ful!
    Congrats!

btw, I noticed the price has dropped to $195 on Amazon. Still double the price, but considering there's about 100 book sellers trying to sell copies, they started dropping prices and it's down a $100 from a few weeks ago.
    Geoff

Along the Path of the Beam jcf817 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Yes...I had been keeping a close eye on the prices and noticed that they were dropping pretty quickly. I mean...there were 100,000 of them printed...the price couldn't stay that high for long.

It really is a cool presentation, even though it's not top quality materials.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like my set.

I think it will settle around $140 when it's all done.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Green mile individual HCs

I won an auction on eBay that I thought was intriguing for the 6 originals serials of the Green Mile, except in HC form.

They got here today and I don;t know what to make of them. They ARE hard cover, except the ISBN is the same as the paperbacks. The info page is also identical to my PBs.

All are 1st printing and look like the paperback was printed without a cover and bound into blue boards. Then the cover was put into a library protector and wrapped on the book.

I've never seen a library bound book done in this way before.

Any ideas? Anyone ever seen it like this before?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's possible they were done by Perma-Bound Books:

Green Mile

They do paperback books for libraries, etc.

John

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

could be. That is still not the same Green Mile though. There "out of print" filter doesn;t show it either.

Collectability is probably poop, huh?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably. Just because the picture is different (it shows the movie tie-in version on the page) doesn't mean that it's the book(s) being offered. I'd suggest emailing them and see.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably some type of custom job, collectability poop, but still kinda cool if you got on the cheap. Are they the same size as the PB?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think like jhanic : maybe some perma-bound?

A friend of mine have some french 1st editions which are HC. They were done by a company (like perma-bound i guess) and it was possible to get them when the book where out. For the issue price +about 6€
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread will be merged with the Collecting Questions thread in a day or so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 567 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 542 ... LastLast