Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 567 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 505 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,125 of 14173

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I guess I will go ahead and buy this new illustrated edition of Joyland published by Titan. Is there a US edition published by Random House? Or is the only edition the UK edition by Titan?

I see them for about $14 on ABE plus about $4 shipping. Anyone know of a better deal anywhere?

Thanks
    Amazon Joyland $13.19 with free shipping if you have Prime.
    Thanks. I don't have Prime but I will look into it. So is there just one publisher and one edition? Or is there a UK and a US edition?
    I've often wondered about this with the Titan/HCC books. From what I've been able to determine, there is only one edition. It's like a universal edition that has both the £ and $ price.

That's not true, actually. I have both a UK and a US Joyland trade PB published by HCC/Titan. They are very similar but of a slightly different size and the copyright page states that one is printed in the UK and the other in the US. They do both have the prices in $ and £. The US copy is a review copy with publisher's letter but I assume the book itself is a regular trade PB, it's certainly not the proof.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep my anthologies together on their own shelves.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I guess I will go ahead and buy this new illustrated edition of Joyland published by Titan. Is there a US edition published by Random House? Or is the only edition the UK edition by Titan?

I see them for about $14 on ABE plus about $4 shipping. Anyone know of a better deal anywhere?

Thanks
    Amazon Joyland $13.19 with free shipping if you have Prime.
    Thanks. I don't have Prime but I will look into it. So is there just one publisher and one edition? Or is there a UK and a US edition?
    I've often wondered about this with the Titan/HCC books. From what I've been able to determine, there is only one edition. It's like a universal edition that has both the £ and $ price.

That's not true, actually. I have both a UK and a US Joyland trade PB published by HCC/Titan. They are very similar but of a slightly different size and the copyright page states that one is printed in the UK and the other in the US. They do both have the prices in $ and £. The US copy is a review copy with publisher's letter but I assume the book itself is a regular trade PB, it's certainly not the proof.
    Well, I never knew that. Now I have to find the UK editions.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Michaël is correct. My two paperback versions are different in size.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Can one of you post a picture of the two side by side and the copyright page?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a pic:

Don't have a pic of the copyright pages handy but they're exactly the same, except for a statement at the bottom of the page that mentions where the books were printed.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    How do you guys deal with anthologies signed by several authors?
    Do you put them aside as anthologies, or do you put it in the KING shelves? What if there are other authors you collect in it?
    I used to keep them with King's books if he signed them. But then I reorganized my shelves by height to maximize space. Smaller books get grouped together on top, with larger books on the bottom.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    How do you guys deal with anthologies signed by several authors?
    Do you put them aside as anthologies, or do you put it in the KING shelves? What if there are other authors you collect in it?
    I used to keep them with King's books if he signed them. But then I reorganized my shelves by height to maximize space. Smaller books get grouped together on top, with larger books on the bottom.
    King books flatsigned 1st edition One Bookshelf
    King books S/L (his novels) second bookshelf (smaller bookshelf)
    anthologies signed by king, duplicates signed by king third bookshelf.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I move the books around to create a different look and feel.
    Think of great art-moving it around in your house every few years reinvigorates your appreciation.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen the larger one. I thought it was released months later. Am I wrong? I never bought it because I thought it was just a reprint.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, reverse that

Country
    Country Flag

My copies don't differ that much in size and the cover is exactly the same.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the two that Bruce posted are US editions. I was never aware that there was a UK edition.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I move the books around to create a different look and feel.
    Think of great art-moving it around in your house every few years reinvigorates your appreciation.
    Me too. I move my stuff around all the time.... BUT... (Tomorrow I will be having a massive bonfire when I will be burning all of my "IKEA Billy Bookcases" and any of my King collection which is valued below $50.)

I'm not joking. My "IKEA Billy Bookcases" are the only "flatpack" things in my house and I can't stand it any longer having them in the house! I have been selling everything from my collection worth less than $50 on ebay recently. I've sold several hundred items, but I'm now sick of the process, and will have more enjoyment burning them.

Next year, I will sell/burn everything in my collection below $100. Mmmmmmm. SMOKE!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been curious as to why you have been selling off your UK 1sts.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Not worth the shelf space of $4000 per square foot.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Collecting Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Well, instead of burning what's left, just put them in a box and ship them off to me.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, instead of burning what's left, just put them in a box and ship them off to me.
    It's 11.00 pm in UK just now. Bonfire will be lit at approx 7.00 am tomorrow. (i don't sleep much). I must confess that I have around 45 trees to burn as well at the same time. (i'm having a clear-out of my garden as well as my bookcases!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Property values where you live are significantly higher than here in Amarillo, Texas.

Country
    Country Flag

Property values where you live are significantly higher than here in Amarillo, Texas.
    Texas is the Oil Capitol of the USA. Aberdeen is the Oil Capitol of Europe!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Alan, I'll take whatever you wanna send that's worth $50 or less. I'll pay all shipping too brother. Need my address?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Yeah Alan, I'll take whatever you wanna send that's worth $50 or less. I'll pay all shipping too brother. Need my address?
    I love the smell of napalm petrol in the morning!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I've seen the larger one. I thought it was released months later. Am I wrong? I never bought it because I thought it was just a reprint.
    the smaller is U.S. & Canada & the larger is U.S. & U.K. & the do have different ISBN#s

What is the ISBN# of the U.K. edition & is it U.K.& U.S. priced?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have both of these and they both say printed in the USA, so I'm thinking the one Michaël posted earlier is a 3rd version which was printed in the UK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 567 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 505 ... LastLast