Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 567 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 538 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That is a cool picture and that is MY kind of collecting. I've told quite a few people new to King collecting to take a book like NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES and try to get original appearances of each of the stories. It is challenging but not impossible if you have an internet connection and most of them are pretty affordable.

Even at this late date it is possible to do that with NIGHT SHIFT (although that MAINE Magazine with "One for the Road" is tough) and SKELETON CREW (UBRIS with "Cain Rose Up" is probably the toughest one). It gives new collectors a feel for the hunt which, I think, is what really turns me on.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    You forgot the Playboy with either "Willa" and "Mute." Can't see which one. But cool picture. I like the look of the McSweeney's. Never seen the actual book.
    Its the top magazine on the LHS.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The one that says "The Genius Issue"?

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's the Esquire, John - it's right behind it. Just a peek of it, though.

And I agree about looking for first appearances of the fiction, Bob! I've got a good lot of them but have yet to get any of the Ubris issues (with Harrison State Park '68, Here There Be Tygers, Cain Rose Up, The Dark Man, Strawberry Spring, Stud City). Some day, though!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I see it now!

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    I like the look of the McSweeney's. Never seen the actual book.
    Yeah, that's actually 3 books in a slipcase - nicely done.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Even at this late date it is possible to do that with NIGHT SHIFT (although that MAINE Magazine with "One for the Road" is tough) and SKELETON CREW (UBRIS with "Cain Rose Up" is probably the toughest one). It gives new collectors a feel for the hunt which, I think, is what really turns me on.
    That's a great idea for other photos. I have the UBRIS, but still do not have the MAINE magazine. I've been looking for it since you posted the picture, but no luck yet.

I might do another tomorrow if my hangover is not too bad.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are there any estimations about how many copies are circulating of the particluar Maine Magazine and the Ubris issues. Their price range??? Thanks for any info.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was there any PC copies made of Centipede Press' "'Salem's Lot"?

And what about Scream Press' "Skeleton Crew" - was there PC copies of both editions, or just the lettered?

Thanks for any input guys!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know, there were no PC copies of Centipede's Salem's Lot.

According to the Collector, there were 25 unsigned PC copies of Skeleton Crew:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...letoncrew.html

He has lots more information regarding this at that site.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Therefore we should not update the SK S/L list, since King did not sign?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

John
    I've got a publisher's copy of the S/L SKELETON CREW that is signed in the usual manner by King and Potter. It is marked "S/P" where the number is usually written.

Country
    Country Flag

John
    I've got a publisher's copy of the S/L SKELETON CREW that is signed in the usual manner by King and Potter. It is marked "S/P" where the number is usually written.
    Any idea how many of those are out there? ...wouldn't mind getting my hands on one at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

John
    Any idea how many of those are out there? ...wouldn't mind getting my hands on one at some point.
    I don't know. Several probably. I think there are about 16 "publisher's" type copies of the lettered zippered version out there in various states.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Just a general question, for those who might know. What is the average turnaround time when ordering an in-stock book from Subterranean Press? I ordered a lettered Tim Powers book about a month ago haven't received it yet, so was curious.

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, some food for though here. The Collector lists the break down of the S/L Gunslinger as such:

# 35 lettered copies marked: A-Z, AA-II
    # 12 copies reserved for the publisher, marked: "Publisher's Copy"
    # 40 copies reserved for the author, marked: "Author's Copy"
    # 10 copies reserved for the artist, marked: "Artist's Copy"
    # 25 (possibly fewer) copies called "Presentation Copies", signed but not numbered and no slipcase

In particular the last one - the "Presentation Copies" - does the lack of slipcase hurt its value? What would one of these be worth on today's market?

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, some food for though here. The Collector lists the break down of the S/L Gunslinger as such:

# 25 (possibly fewer) copies called "Presentation Copies", signed but not numbered and no slipcase

In particular the last one - the "Presentation Copies" - does the lack of slipcase hurt its value? What would one of these be worth on today's market?
    Just my opinion here but lask of slipcase has no effect it is in it's origional state as issued in a version that is 123 or less(or 25 or less) in total. I have no idea on the value but lack of slipcase in this instance(again my opinion) has no effect.

Country
    Country Flag

The value is too difficult to assess. It depends on too may factors. It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay at that particular time. That might be half or double what it gets the next time it goes on sale.

That's why they are listed at "street price".

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, especially on the lack of the Presentation Copy slipcases. That should not affect the price whatsoever. Unless, of course, you get some ignorant bumpkin that doesn't realize what it really is.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And the Collector is wrong in that there were 52 Lettered copies (sorry Tomas). This has been confirmed by Robert atGrant and the fact that I own Letter AY.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

So apparently they lettered those A-Z and AA-AZ? I thought they normally did AA-ZZ.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

26 lettered are A-Z, if the publishere wishes to do 52 lettered, they are A-Z, then AA-ZZ.

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    26 lettered are A-Z, if the publishere wishes to do 52 lettered, they are A-Z, then AA-ZZ.
    But Wiz said he had copy AY, and I've seen AH for sale.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

They did A-Z and AA,AB,AC...AZ

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a question...

What do you guys think about the "PC" copies of the S/L editions?

Especially if you do not 'own' a particular number.

Is it better in your collection to have "PC" copies or random numbers throughout?

As for value/price, more or less than a numbered edition?

Karl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 567 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 538 ... LastLast