Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 567 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 535 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you, Jerome!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    A quick search of ABE revealed some expensive First editions by Preston/Child, but no Signed Limiteds.
    I just was looking at this site. HOLY CRAP! I hope I still have my first edition of Reliquary. I didn't even think that book could be worth that much.

Edit: never mind I see it was signed by Douglas Preston

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Price Guide Book?

Again this is probably another silly question by me, but i will ask anyway. Is there a book available (say that comes out every year) that will give you the market price of King books, or books in general? Something that i can use as a reference for when i go to secound hand books shops or im on Ebay looking for 1st or L/E ect... Preferably in £'s although i can live with $'s

Thanks in advance
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not the biggest collector but I'll don't think there is such a book.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

George Beahm had a book, Stephen King Collectibles, several years ago that collected specific edition details, etc.

But as far as leanring the correct prices, etc., I wouldn't trust any book...you need to pay attention to what price different books sell for, and start figuring out on your own when a book is selling for a fake spike, and when it's the real market.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the quick replys

I thought as much Rahfa, its just that im am really new to collecting (only have a few comics and 2 Frist Editions so far) and obviously dont have any real knowlage of it. I just thought something like that would give me a bit of a boost in the area of prices. Ahh well i will have to learn the old fasiond way lol.

Thanks again

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

www.stephenkingcollector.com is a good reference too.

Although it only lists details for US 1st editions, on top of the S/Ls.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post
    Thank you for the quick replys

I thought as much Rahfa, its just that im am really new to collecting (only have a few comics and 2 Frist Editions so far) and obviously dont have any real knowlage of it. I just thought something like that would give me a bit of a boost in the area of prices. Ahh well i will have to learn the old fasiond way lol.

Thanks again
    If you start with the newer first editions, you really can't make a mistake anyway...you might overpay by a few bucks, but so what...

Then, you'll start picking up knowledge as you go, and by the time you start spending real money on the valuable editions you'll know what you're doing...worked for me! I think...haha...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pickle, in case no one has told you:

Collecting Sephen King can become a dangerous addiction! You'll always find at least one more thing you want, no matter how much you have already!

Just so you're warned!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the warning John lol im affraid its started to happen allready lol

Thats good advice Rahfa, thanks

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You might want to check a bunch of online sites for prices, pickle. ABE, Betts, Hutch, etc. That'll give you a decent idea on what's happening in the market.

And no truer words were spoken than John's - and no, we won't have an intervention for your addiction since we're all under the spell, too!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Gay

pickle - To be honest, I've found the folks here in Calvin's Corner to be the best judge of worth and prices.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

I think your right turtlex

Seems like this is the place to come and find any information that is needed.

My Mood
    Gay

Honestly - I don't purchase anything without checking with these guys first, be it first editions, autographs, etc. I always check here. There's just too much stuff out there ( not to mention faked signatures, etc ) with prices I am never certain about. I have no huge collection, but would like to one day. I learn more by lurking and reading these threads than I will ever be able to say "thankee" for. You'll be hard pressed to find a more knowledgable group...and dude, get yourself a pic for your av or we'll start calling your QuestionMarkMan!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

2008 Price Guide - Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Anne Rice

"20th Century First Edition Fiction: A Price and Identification Guide" 382 pages and "Medieval Whodunits and Other Historical Mysteries: Price and Identification Guide" 77 pages. Signed by the author, Thomas Lee.

I have one of these price guides from a few years ago. It can come in handy.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

How accurate was the pricing? I've seen those offered, but I've always been hesitant because I'm not sure it would be worth the money.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Pickle, in case no one has told you:

Collecting Sephen King can become a dangerous addiction! You'll always find at least one more thing you want, no matter how much you have already!

Just so you're warned!

John
    thats why i collect french stuff
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    How accurate was the pricing? I've seen those offered, but I've always been hesitant because I'm not sure it would be worth the money.

John
    The copy I have was for 2003. Obviously the market has changed (lower) since then.
    I thought it was accurate.
    Example:It states a F/F 1st edition copy of The Gunslinger was worth $600.
    A F/F DTIV Wizard and Glass was worth $175.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jerome. I'll give it some serious thought now!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you everyone...

And turtlex i will find an avatar shortly lol

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ...and dude, get yourself a pic for your av or we'll start calling your QuestionMarkMan!
    Done that is me doing my best Myspace pose lol...

Randall - I will see if they have a up-to-date version of that book, could be usefull.

My Mood
    Gay

The MYSPACE Pose... I hear Kate Moss can't quite get that one down!

Ha! Thanks for updating, we were getting worried.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mmmmmm Kate Moss. I find her incredibly attractive (ignoring all her bad girl doings)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    2008 Price Guide - Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Anne Rice

"20th Century First Edition Fiction: A Price and Identification Guide" 382 pages and "Medieval Whodunits and Other Historical Mysteries: Price and Identification Guide" 77 pages. Signed by the author, Thomas Lee.

I have one of these price guides from a few years ago. It can come in handy.
    It is a decent enough book, I guess. I do think, though, that he pulls some of the prices out of his ass if he doesn't have a clue. He was one of those guys (like the Ahearns) who continued to list a first edition 'SALEM'S LOT with the first state ($8.95, Father "Cody") dj for something like $2,000. I wrote to him and told him what I knew about the scarcity and value and that he really should raise the value in his guide. To his credit he took the advice but to my dismay I now find myself quoted in his book next to the listing. I feel sort of like someone recorded a phone call without my permission or something. I consider him sort of "second tier" in terms of knowledge, ethics, etc.

The Ahearns are a different matter. Their book is considered a book pricing "Bible" by many collectors. I haven't seen a current edition but as recently as three or four years ago they continued to list a 1st/1st 'SALEM'S LOT at $2K or $3K. I wrote to them to see if they had actually ever seen or sold a real copy and also offered to buy as many copies as they had for the price in their book but I never got a response.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Mmmmmm Kate Moss. I find her incredibly attractive (ignoring all her bad girl doings)

Kate Moss... Hmmmmmmmmmmm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 567 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 535 ... LastLast