Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 567 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 531 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The last person I would want to get into a debate with about SK valuation is you.
    I still stand by my statement, but also recognize that to quibble over $25 isn't the best use of ones time. If the book appeals to a person and they can afford it, certainly they should take advantage of the opportunity to buy it.
    The book is listed as a BIN @ $225. The market will determine if the price is correct (at this time).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The last person I would want to get into a debate with about SK valuation is you.
    I still stand by my statement, but also recognize that to quibble over $25 isn't the best use of ones time. If the book appeals to a person and they can afford it, certainly they should take advantage of the opportunity to buy it.
    The book is listed as a BIN @ $225. The market will determine if the price is correct (at this time).

I'm probably the last person someone would want to ask anyway and I almost never chime in on the thread where people ask for valuations. I seem to have a tendency to overpay if it is something I really want and is legit.

Still, it has become more and more difficult, esp. on eBay, to safely buy signed King books. To me that one seemed legit in every way and I couldn't find anything in the usual online areas that was cheaper than (or even close to) Greg's asking price. If someone is looking for a signed HEARTS IN ATLANTIS that looks like a slam-dunk to me.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I'm probably the last person someone would want to ask anyway and I almost never chime in on the thread where people ask for valuations. I seem to have a tendency to overpay if it is something I really want and is legit.

Still, it has become more and more difficult, esp. on eBay, to safely buy signed King books. To me that one seemed legit in every way and I couldn't find anything in the usual online areas that was cheaper than (or even close to) Greg's asking price. If someone is looking for a signed HEARTS IN ATLANTIS that looks like a slam-dunk to me.
    Ahhh... now I have to decide if I really want it right now. Its one of three trade editions I have on my list to get signed copies of... but, the Canadian dollar isn't doing too shit hot right now... so you have to ad 20%... I'll hum and haw about it for a bit, probably let this listing go, and if it hasn't sold, email Greg and see if he can throw in the shipping or something.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

You can also email the seller. Usually if the item does not sell for the asking price and see if the seller might be willing to sell to you for less direct. But of course it counts heavily if you trust the seller will deliver since it's a private transaction.

It's strange but I sometimes get more inquiry from buyers after the listing ends than before.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This seller is trustworthy and will do a deal with you if it does not sell. I've bought a lot of books from him.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    This seller is trustworthy and will do a deal with you if it does not sell. I've bought a lot of books from him.
    Yah, I've bought a number of books from him too. Greg's a stand up guy - theres zero trust issues with him.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Guys, I normally don't post on here but I had to share this book I just picked up. I just bought this book from a woman who had it signed at the Just Books Too bookstore in Old Greenwich, CT when the book first came out in 2004. Its the DT VII book and was signed by both Stephen King and Michael Whelan at the signing that they did together. Anyone wanna guess what I paid ???? Im so excited !!!! Not that I want to sell it, but what do you think the market value would be on this one ?
    Attached Images

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    Hi Guys, I normally don't post on here but I had to share this book I just picked up. I just bought this book from a woman who had it signed at the Just Books Too bookstore in Old Greenwich, CT when the book first came out in 2004. Its the DT VII book and was signed by both Stephen King and Michael Whelan at the signing that they did together. Anyone wanna guess what I paid ???? Im so excited !!!! Not that I want to sell it, but what do you think the market value would be on this one ?
    Hello Rusher,

Your always welcome to post here.

Your asking for two answers. I'll take a stab it:

1st question: "Anyone wanna guess what I paid???" $110

2nd question: "what do you think the market value would be?" $275

Of course, this is me just guessing.

Anyone else?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info. I don't want to sell it but I was just wondering what people thought about the market value of the book. Can you believe I bought this book from this woman for 67.00 ??? What a steal

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info. I don't want to sell it but I was just wondering what people thought about the market value of the book. Can you believe I bought this book from this woman for 67.00 ??? What a steal
    That really is a great buy. It is obvious that the seller does not keep up with collectible King books. Still, she made a profit. She likely paid retail price of $35 for the book when she was at the signing. She probably thought she was making a handsome profit. Good deal for you. Congratulations.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rusher, welcome and GREAT acquisition at a GREAT price. Nicely done!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, great find, indeed. Congratulations.

( Inserting little V head because it's Nov 5th )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Rusher, and a GREAT buy! Please feel free to contribute more often!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Just After Sunset-World's First Edition?

I was wondering what edition, and what date will go down as the World's First Edition hardback of "Just After Sunset".

I was able to buy the UK Hodder & Stoughton hardback on Saturday 1st November. (The official release date of this is 2 days AFTER the Scribner version).

I know some others got it before 1st November, but I think they were review copies.

Any other suggestions?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

An Addall search shows a number of listings that have 1 November as the issue date:

AddAll Search Just After Sunset

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that the 1st WW edition was the italian one.

I just heard that the Italian version of Just After Sunset will be called Al Crepuscolo and released on October 21st. I
    http://www.sperling.it/scheda/978882004601
    http://www.stephenking.it/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    October 31st. That's certainly the earliest date. Do you know for sure that this was available then?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not the 31st, but the 21st.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Not the 31st, but the 21st.
    Thanks Brice. My word blindness and dyslexia is gtetign wores.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    October 31st. That's certainly the earliest date. Do you know for sure that this was available then?

the publisher's website doesnt give any date.
    However, the italian website http://www.stephenking.it/ seems to confirm that date

Translation by google... (lol)
    "At Dusk": Italian world premiere?
    Latest News
    Friday 17 October 2008

The discrepancy between the date of publication Italian and American, which we discussed in previous articles, it seems the end result in what would be the first Italian world premiere of a Stephen King book.

The release date planned Italian (always in the absence of official Commission Decision Sperling) remains on 21 October 2008, to confirm not only are more and Unilibro IBS, as reported earlier, but also BOL, University Bookcase (which indeed it is already in publication) and many others.

The news has aroused the interest of the famous site Lilja's Library, who writes:

I just heard that the Italian version of Just After Sunset will be called At Dusk and released on October 21st. If that is correct it would be the first edition released. It's quite rare that there is an edition released ahead of the U.S. ed. and I'll make sure to check this out some more ...

When in doubt, next Tuesday is better to make a leap in library ...
    "At Dusk" in library
    Latest News
    Monday 20 October 2008

So is truly world premiere.

"At Dusk" is released in major bookstores and tomorrow should be available on a large scale.

the better would be to ask to an italian guy... mullein? or maybe, asking the "copyright date" on the book : if october or november printed in the book...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for this info Herb. Looks like the Italian version should be regarded as the "First".

The date will probably not be listed on the copyright page. Only the year, if it's the same as the Hodder & Stoughton edition.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ibs.it/code/9788820046019...repuscolo.html

Italian Sperling & Kupfer release in October of Just After Sunset.

I'm waiting on my Rome contact to see what's on the copyright page. It really is starting to look like Sperling released first.

Sperling did something similar on a hardcover copy of Colorado Kid during the US release of the paperback (see my picture)

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Country
    Country Flag

you mean that the italian Colorado Kid was the true 1st too?

In Italia & USA you dont have an 'official release month' state in the books???

In France, we have both the printing date & the "dépôt légal" being the official registration of the book... the only way to find out the 1st editions/ printings...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

you mean that the italian Colorado Kid was the true 1st too?

In France, we have both the printing date & the "dépôt légal" being the official registration of the book... the only way to find out the 1st editions/ printings...
    As far as I know, US released the first edition in Paperback before anyone else. During my visit to Rome, I watched a clerk unpack the books. I told my wife, "that looks like a hardback". I asked to see one immediately because at that time, I had never seen a hardback version of Colorado Kid. Didn't know one existed. Only the US Paperback.

It's a cool find for me. It's the same size as the paperback but has a dustjacket that matches the print on the book.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have what the retail industry calls a "Street date". That is the date the book is first allowed to be sold to the public. Usually but not always Street dates for books and DVD's fall on Tuesdays. Comics fall on Wednesdays.
    Street date for JAS in the USA is Tuesday November 11, 2008.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 567 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 531 ... LastLast