Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 567 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably never know - but it looks real. I'd think that someone with a very good copier would not waste their efforts on small dollar items. The auction was listed with statemetn that they could not verify the sig. Doesnt really matter as I am not trying to resell and I didn not put that much into it in the first place.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys. Hoping for some help/advice.
    I have a seller with a 1st copy Gunslinger, that for some reason has the title page/copyright page removed. (I know, don't get me started)

The justjacket seems to be in very good condition. I have some average quality photos of it, and it appears to have maroon cover boards indicating it is (was) a 1st edition. I've been told the page was carefully cut out as opposed to torn or fallen out due to poor spine. (maybe had a name on it someone wanted to remove). I've also confirmed that the dust jacket has both prices on it.

I'm assuming this defect basically means no value in the book? But the dust jacket may hold some value?

The pics below show the only described damage to the justjacket:

Any thoughts on what this may be worth?
    Thanks

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Hi guys. Hoping for some help/advice.
    I have a seller with a 1st copy Gunslinger, that for some reason has the title page/copyright page removed. (I know, don't get me started)

The justjacket seems to be in very good condition. I have some average quality photos of it, and it appears to have maroon cover boards indicating it is (was) a 1st edition. I've been told the page was carefully cut out as opposed to torn or fallen out due to poor spine. (maybe had a name on it someone wanted to remove). I've also confirmed that the dust jacket has both prices on it.

I'm assuming this defect basically means no value in the book? But the dust jacket may hold some value?

Any thoughts on what this may be worth?
    Thanks
    The spine is sunfaded. The title should be yellow. Don't buy it.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, what he said.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys, I hadn't noticed that.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(hey, does anyone here have AMERICAN VAMPIRE 2 - hardcover? I have a few questions)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have it. No King article or mention in it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    (hey, does anyone here have AMERICAN VAMPIRE 2 - hardcover? I have a few questions)
    I do. What are your questions?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ok, ta.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of faded spines, are books in slipcases meant to sit with the book spine in towards the back of the bookcase and with the slipcase spine facing out? I suppose that makes sense from a protection perspective, but I don't think I like how it looks.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Many slipcases have a nice-looking spine, I have most of them with the slipcase spine towards the light like you describe.

*edit: like John and Tom, I prefer the book spine to be visible but I'm taking no chances until my collection moves to a room with less chance of UV damage.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Speaking of faded spines, are books in slipcases meant to sit with the book spine in towards the back of the bookcase and with the slipcase spine facing out? I suppose that makes sense from a protection perspective, but I don't think I like how it looks.
    I think its completely up to preference, i personally prefer having the spine of the book facing out

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say it's a matter of personal preference. I put my slipcased books with the spines of the books facing out.

John

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine are out as well, but my book room is basically a cave so not much chance of UV damage here. I will keep it in mind when setting up the next house though, something I hadn't really considered in the past.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ideally, my future book room/library will have no natural light source at all. Something like a large walk-in closet. I like Ralph Mulleins' setup but I would prefer to have room to sit and read (and do cartwheels).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have added that there is no source of natural light in my book room.

John

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    This is how I shelve all my slipcased books, especially if the title is embossed on or otherwise printed on the spine of the slipcase. I do have a large natural light window in my reading room. I much prefer reading by sunlight over incandescent light; don't even get me started about trying to read under fluorescent light!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've actually got some slipcased books facing either way. Hadn't actually thought about it and so I can only assume I picked what I liked the most - the book spine or the slipcase spine to face outward.

Question: is it direct sunslight that causes all damage? or is it possible over time for ambient sunlight in the room to also cause fading? My book case is out of any direct sunlight, but is still in a room that gets some morning sun. Wondering if i need to do anything to protect the books...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Reflective sunlight can also fade things, albeit more slowly than direct sunlight.

I am thinking about having my bookcase windows tinted (by a professional) at some point, with something along the lines of this:

"These films also reject up to 99.9% of damaging UV rays to reduce fading of your furnishings."
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Any UV light will damage colors, starting with the red spectrum.

Gunslinger Apprentice stevohump will become famous soon enough stevohump's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,
    I looked around for this topic but could not find it. So, i thought i would ask. When it comes to S/L edition or just Gift editions, how much difference does removing the original shrink wrap really make to the edition. I want to maintain the value of the book, but i definitely want to be able to enjoy it. I welcome all opinions. Thanks

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

An easy way to avoid the sunlight issue is to tint the windows in the room that the collection is in with a uv protection film. In the case of my Alabama Crimson Tide signatures, the case that they are in is also uv protected. Sorry SK, but they are my first love, and some of the sigs can't be gotten anymore. They went to the clearing in the path.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome stevohump!

Shrinkwrap is a personal choice.

Personally I would not pay a penny extra because someone left a book in shrinkwrap.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Reflective sunlight can also fade things, albeit more slowly than direct sunlight.

I am thinking about having my bookcase windows tinted (by a professional) at some point, with something along the lines of this:

"These films also reject up to 99.9% of damaging UV rays to reduce fading of your furnishings."
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    An easy way to avoid the sunlight issue is to tint the windows that the collection is in with a uv protection film.
    Great minds think alike.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stevohump View Post
    Hi all,
    I looked around for this topic but could not find it. So, i thought i would ask. When it comes to S/L edition or just Gift editions, how much difference does removing the original shrink wrap really make to the edition. I want to maintain the value of the book, but i definitely want to be able to enjoy it. I welcome all opinions. Thanks
    Shrinkwrap should add no value really as you can go to any office supply/copy center and for .75 cents they will shrink wrap almost anything, there really is no way to know that it is the original shrinkwrap.

We see auctions all the time for shrinkwrapped items that were not originally shrinkwrapped.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 567 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast