Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 567 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I would if I could but I wouldn't know if it was complete. I'm hoping there are fellow forum members who diligently keep track of new stuff as it appears (up until very recently I was only interested in 'books' so I have only a very vague notion of publications in magazines etc.)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I bought The Stand on Ebay today and this might be weird, but did I underpay? This is the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I checked it against two books posted recently by other users and in the King's Collectibles section. It has the t-39 gutter mark and it seems to match the covers. I checked the price on Ebay's completed listings and found only two, one sold $152 and the other one sold for 99.95. Am I being paranoid about this or did I just get a pretty good deal? It's in my nature to worry and when something seems like it's too good of a deal to be true, it's not real.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say you got a good deal, depending of course, on how the book actually is. According to the description, it's a good buy!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The dustjacket pictured does not have the $12.95 price on the inside flap. The corner is clipped, indicative of a later jacket being used.
    Where is it clear (visually) there is the proper gutter code?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There is no picture but if I don't find the code when I receive the book, I'll ask for a refund. I noticed it was price clipped but so was the $99 book in completed listings.

I checked the seller's feedback and other than those few negatives which are all from the same pissed off buyer, he's feedback is really good.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, def. ask for a refund....the listing is pretty clear, though, so I'm sure it's fine.

Country
    Country Flag

Just curious, can anyone see my username?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. WeDealInLead; Gunslinger Apprentice
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yep. WeDealInLead; Gunslinger Apprentice

Haha, I meant the ebay username. I was posting from work last night and my mind was on other things so I forgot to specify.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

d***l( 309)

Is what shows.

John

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Seller alludes to it being price-clipped

Seller conveniently left off saying it was "price-clipped" and kind of alludes to it..cut corner inside....

Price clipping jacks the value way down, but still a sweet copy and price seems very reasonable to me!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Seller conveniently left off saying it was "price-clipped" and kind of alludes to it..cut corner inside....

Price clipping jacks the value way down, but still a sweet copy and price seems very reasonable to me!
    Yeah, that's not really an issue with me. I'm not a collector (of books, I collect records) but there are certain 1st/1st books I want and The Stand was one of them. I realize a true collector would want a jacket with the price intact but my kind of thinking is that if the covers are identical except the price and I have a choice of a beat up old cover with the price or a DJ in great shape with a price-clipped corner... I'm going with the price-clipped. If the book itself is in great shape as the seller made it out to be and the gutter code is there = I'm happy. If I ever decide to nitpick, I'll look for a DJ on Ebay.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Has anyone seen this auction?.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was contemplating on bidding but have never seen a numbered signed edition before and am curious if this is legit?.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

its good i would say

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a connaisseur of signed King work but I do believe I 've seen a couple of those in the past.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember those editions being numbered, though, either. I could be mis-remembering, though.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen a few signed with the silver pen, but none of them were numbered.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. That is the first numbered one that I recall ever seeing as well.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I've seen a few signed with the silver pen, but none of them were numbered.
    I guess those are the ones I remembered, then.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It looks very legit but I've not seen one like that before. IIRC, the signing took place at BookMarc (probably misspelled) in Bangor. Tickets to the signing were probably numbered. The fan probably asked King to put the date and the guy's ticket number on the front cover. I can't think of anything else the #146 would signify. Any other theories?

Country
    Country Flag

That's a very good possibility.

It would further prove the provenance of the item if the actual ticket was selling with it.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post

It would further prove the provenance of the item if the actual ticket was selling with it.
    I'm pretty sure that the seller "russdj" was not the person who actually got the book signed. So, unless he bought the book with the ticket inside, I suspect it is long gone.

"russdj" was a VERY avid buyer on eBay several years ago. He bought many, many, many signed King books. I, and others, thought some of the many books he bought were forgeries. But of the books he has been selling lately I think all are legit.

"russdj" was one of those guys who for six months to a year bought EVERYTHING offered on eBay. He was always the guy who would snipe bid at the end of auctions, sometimes at a ridiculous price. We long timers thought we would never be able to buy anything again. He was buying just about everything and seemed to have unlimited funds. Then, as quickly as he appeared, he was gone.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post

I'm pretty sure that the seller "russdj" was not the person who actually got the book signed. So, unless he bought the book with the ticket inside, I suspect it is long gone.

"russdj" was a VERY avid buyer on eBay several years ago. He bought many, many, many signed King books. I, and others, thought some of the many books he bought were forgeries. But of the books he has been selling lately I think all are legit.

"russdj" was one of those guys who for six months to a year bought EVERYTHING offered on eBay. He was always the guy who would snipe bid at the end of auctions, sometimes at a ridiculous price. We long timers thought we would never be able to buy anything again. He was buying just about everything and seemed to have unlimited funds. Then, as quickly as he appeared, he was gone.
    Oh, okay. Got ya. He was bitten by the SK bug.

I hear it causes temporary insanity. Maxed credit cards seems to be the cure.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is interesting. I've never seen one of the trade pop ups numbered. I'm not questioning the signature.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I've bought from this seller before too and have been happy with my purchases. The numbering rather threw me off on this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 567 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast