Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 544 of 567 FirstFirst ... 44 444 494 534 542 543 544 545 546 554 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,600 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I found a website that sells Stephen King books in braille.
    It, however, is like 7 books. Going up to 12, depending of the book I choose. And if I want the full one or abridge.d And I already struggle with space in my collection
    Just bang some dots on a Trade Edition. You cannot read Braille anyway, so you will not know the difference.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I found a website that sells Stephen King books in braille.
    It, however, is like 7 books. Going up to 12, depending of the book I choose. And if I want the full one or abridge.d And I already struggle with space in my collection
    Just bang some dots on a Trade Edition. You cannot read Braille anyway, so you will not know the difference.
    Yep, but I always have been curious about it.

There are a few out there, in the USA : https://bils.klas.com/search/search.jsf?q=stephen+king
    Seemingly "printed" and distributed by : Washington, D.C. : (CPH, transcribing agency. CPH, distributor.)
    I cant find more details about it. But then I managed to order some french braille books
    >
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all,
    Here's a fun one...
    Anyone else's first US printing of The Long Walk pbo say "COVER PRINTED IN U.S.A. at the very bottom edge, left of center on the back cover? I have a copy that does, and all others I can find, including the example on the DT catalogue do not. Wondered if anyone had insight on this.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Curious on people's thoughts in regards to, "Century's Best Horror Fiction", Lettered Artist Edition in the wooden case? I purchased a copy on eBay as it was the first time I've had the opportunity.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have the Canadian and the US printings of THE LONG WALK. Both are firsts.
    On the copyright page of the Canadian edition is stated at the bottom of the page PRINTED IN CANADA COVER PRINTED IN U.S.A. The back cover is blank on the bottom.
    The back cover of the US edition has COVER PRINTED IN USA on it, so low the bottom halves of the letters are cut off.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

My US copy does not have that on the back

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Curious on people's thoughts in regards to, "Century's Best Horror Fiction", Lettered Artist Edition in the wooden case? I purchased a copy on eBay as it was the first time I've had the opportunity.
    I have one and I hate the weight of the wooden case. It is far too bulky. It's stuck at the back of a shelf somewhere.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is a very cool lettered. I do not have a copy... will prob get it someday though!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have the Canadian and the US printings of THE LONG WALK. Both are firsts.
    On the copyright page of the Canadian edition is stated at the bottom of the page PRINTED IN CANADA COVER PRINTED IN U.S.A. The back cover is blank on the bottom.
    The back cover of the US edition has COVER PRINTED IN USA on it, so low the bottom halves of the letters are cut off.
    Ok, very interesting. This is definitely the US edition, as stated on the copyright page. So, perhaps all covers had this printed at the bottom and...it's just a matter of how some covers were "trimmed?" (I really don't know much about mass market paperback production). If you look at the picture in the catalog, the margin at the top on the rear cover is slightly bigger, so it makes sense. Just wonder why. Maybe the covers that were for the Canadian edition were meant to have this at the bottom, even though it's also stated on the copyright page?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My US Long Walk 1st has the COVER PRINTED IN USA bottom back cover...Canadian first does not.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crazy? I feel I have read In the Tall Grass but not in Esquire or Full Throttle. It show up anywhere else?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Crazy? I feel I have read In the Tall Grass but not in Esquire or Full Throttle. It show up anywhere else?

Listen to the audiobook or read the e-book?

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

Listen to the audiobook or read the e-book?
    Oh, good question. Negative.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only in print in those publications thus far.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Gotcha. Thanks, Brian.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gotcha. Thanks, Brian.

Most welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I read it as an ebook.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neither does mine, it's like the one pictured in the catalog.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...The+-+Trade+PB

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Mine is like the one pictured in the catalog as well.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Would anyone here still have or remember the URLs for the websites listed below?

Heritage Books -- this was an LA bookstore that was sold about 10-13 years ago. They had some great SK items over the years
    Barry Levin -- we corresponded but I can't find our e-mail exchanges
    Hutch's Rare Books -- if no one has it or if Dave doesn't see this, I will just call him
    The Book Sail -- not sure if they had a website, but I thought they did

That's all for now. Thank you.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I used to have Barry Levin's website, but it went down a couple of years ago and I dont remember the domain name...

If you manage to find the urls, try using the Time Machine to find the old content
    >>> http://web.archive.org/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Jeremy (I believe),

Exactly what I'm looking for. I appreciate it!

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Thank you, Jeremy (I believe),

Exactly what I'm looking for. I appreciate it!

John
    FYI, Barry Levin passed away a few years ago and his nephew ( I think) was selling off his old inventory. They are no longer operating a bookstore.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Mine is like the one pictured in the catalog as well.

Mulleins

So I have to wonder, which one is the "true" 1st/1st?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 544 of 567 FirstFirst ... 44 444 494 534 542 543 544 545 546 554 ... LastLast