Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 567 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 537 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    O.K. Here's one for you...How much do the Stephen King banners on the 1st editions of both the U.S.A. & U.K. THINNER add to the value?
    I made lots of copies of the USA one as it is just red on white paper, so I would not pay anything extra. The UK one is too difficult to forge/copy, so add a few bucks to that one.
    REALLY? AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A COLLECTOR?
    I know it's just a small thing..But it does show where your integrity is.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    O.K. Here's one for you...How much do the Stephen King banners on the 1st editions of both the U.S.A. & U.K. THINNER add to the value?
    I made lots of copies of the USA one as it is just red on white paper, so I would not pay anything extra. The UK one is too difficult to forge/copy, so add a few bucks to that one.

Good idea, Alan. My integrity's fucked too

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I understand the appeal of the bands that proclaim that Stephen King is Bachman. I have them on some of my copies too. But remember that the true first appearance books did not have the band. Bandless is the true first state. The bands were produced and added long after the book was published to boost sales. One could argue that adding a band converts a first state to a later state.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I understand the appeal of the bands that proclaim that Stephen King is Bachman. I have them on some of my copies too. But remember that the true first appearance books did not have the band. Bandless is the true first state. The bands were produced and added long after the book was published to boost sales. One could argue that adding a band converts a first state to a later state.
    Very true. So buy two. (Throw the band away on the 2nd one)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Would all original Creepshow Posters (Comic Book Style) from 1982 have fold marks?
    This one didn't. It was posted in SK Promo items a few days ago, but sold for $85:
    One bid, $1:
    STEPHEN KING 1982 CREEPSHOW MOVIE POSTER

I bought that one in a haste because the seller would not tell me if he could get it to me in time for the Romero signing tomorrow. I ordered with the hope it would arrive but it's not going to. I haven't bought a poster from this time period so I forgot about the fold marks and this poster does indeed appear not to have fold marks. I've asked the seller about it and am waiting for a response. If no fold marks then it's not an original? It says he doesn't do returns, yikes!
    I did indeed get a refund.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Recently acquired Dolan's Cadillac. The cover has all the cars on it. I was thinking it was 1 of 1000, but it is not numbered. So......is this a PC copy that is 1 of 100 that I am seeing cataloged on SKCollector's site? Thank you!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Recently acquired Dolan's Cadillac. The cover has all the cars on it. I was thinking it was 1 of 1000, but it is not numbered. So......is this a PC copy that is 1 of 100 that I am seeing cataloged on SKCollector's site? Thank you!
    Have you checked the back of the book?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Have you checked the back of the book?
    Who looks at the back of the book!? I'm sitting here with no idea of how to respond. Never seen one of these in hand before as I am laughing at my stupidity. 220/1000. Thanks Bruce!!!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good one. Sounds like something I would do.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's ok. I had a book from a grab bag a few years ago that I didn't know was a signed limited for well over a year until I was looking through it and found the signature pages in the back.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    That's ok. I had a book from a grab bag a few years ago that I didn't know was a signed limited for well over a year until I was looking through it and found the signature pages in the back.
    SK Riding the Bullet has the signed page in the middle on the artist edition. That was hard to find with being extremely careful!

SK Riding the Bullet has the signed page in the middle on the artist edition. That was hard to find with being extremely careful!
    You can't say you weren't warned...or did you miss the memo?

My Mood
    Confused

You can't say you weren't warned...or did you miss the memo?
    Just stating that it wasn't in it's normal position at the front of the book like most of them.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe the White Noise Press chaps also have the sig page at the rear.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

But you must admit it doesn't get any further back then this.
    Spoiler:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone out there have the exact height x width x thickness of the 1st UK IT? Thanks so much in advance!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one that I can measure tonight if it doesn't get posted before then.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes the measurements can vary but for my copy I get this: Width = 2 1/4, Depth = 6 1/8, height = 9 1/2.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a lead on a signed copy of a large print Black House signed by King and Straub. How would value of that compare to a signed standard 1st edition?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I have a lead on a signed copy of a large print Black House signed by King and Straub. How would value of that compare to a signed standard 1st edition?
    I suspect that came from the Wavedancer Benefit appearance in NYC -- the fundraiser for Frank Muller. The copies available at that event were large print copies.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I suspect that came from the Wavedancer Benefit appearance in NYC -- the fundraiser for Frank Muller. The copies available at that event were large print copies.
    That would make sense - the copy for sale is in NYC. What would the estimated value be?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's not easy to answer. A person who collects ephemera or one-offs or unusual states might pay a decent price to get something new for his/her collection. But for someone like me, who does not collect and has no interest in large-print books, there is no value in the book itself--only the signature. And since it's so easy to get King sigs in true first edition or LE books, there's no point in grabbing one in a non-first or non-LE book. Given those parameters, you can see that this is more of a "what the market will bear for a dedicated buyer" rather than a set "these typically go for $xx" situation.

However, someone more in tune to the vagaries of the King collecting world might be able to give you a track record of similar sales.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Dave. Since it isn't a first printing the value is primarily in the signatures. I'd guess it's worth $125.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Appreciate the info. I ended up passing on it.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Today's Loose Parts

thought it was pertinent to the conversation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 567 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 537 ... LastLast