Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 567 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Is it acceptable, in anyone's mind - under any circumstances, to have a book that was described and bought only as "signed by the author" to arrive on your doorstep with a signed bookplate stuck to the half-title page? I'm looking for a solid consensus before contacting the seller.

[Edited for clarification]
    As everyone on the previous page agreed - one final NO, unless it's noted as "with a bookplate, signed by the author!" Which is not the same thing as a signed book at all.

If there was a picture that showed it, or should have caused you to raise the question, then MAYBE you're responsible too...but not from what you've described.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

THE MIST - Hodder UK, paperback, 2008, 'Promotional copy not for sale', similar cover to the 2007 DVD but with STEPHEN KING splashed in green at the top.

Anyone have any information as to worth, how many were done, etc.?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one also. They seem extremely scarce. I know of only two other copies. Yours would be #3.

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks John, but I don't have it - yet...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This may be a bit obvious, but I have often struggled with identifying UK first editions/printings. Given they seem to usually lack the number line of their US counterparts how do you separate the printings? Or for that matter, first editions from later reprints? I'm thinking Hodder and Gollancz specifically, bit any general information is appreciated at all.

Sorry if this is a bit obvious to most everyone out there. It took me a few years to learn all the ins and outs of the US system and am just starting with the UK.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This may be a bit obvious, but I have often struggled with identifying UK first editions/printings. Given they seem to usually lack the number line of their US counterparts how do you separate the printings? Or for that matter, first editions from later reprints? I'm thinking Hodder and Gollancz specifically, bit any general information is appreciated at all.

Sorry if this is a bit obvious to most everyone out there. It took me a few years to learn all the ins and outs of the US system and am just starting with the UK.
    Tim, don't forget about the Tutorial subforum. The answers you seek are discussed in the "HOW TO: Identify First Editions and First Printings" thread.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Did Hodder do a trade UK paperback (large size paperback) for SK GOES TO THE MOVIES? I have the hardcover and regular paperback, but am not sure they did a trade.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just checked the Hodder website and it looks like Stephen King Goes to the Movies was only issued by them in mass paperback size (B).

http://www.hodder.co.uk/books/work.aspx?WorkID=149401

John

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Tim, don't forget about the Tutorial subforum. The answers you seek are discussed in the "HOW TO: Identify First Editions and First Printings" thread.
    I did forget about that. Thanks for the reminder, Patrick.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have one also. They seem extremely scarce. I know of only two other copies. Yours would be #3.

John
    I just got one of those, too (for £15). Is this #4 then?

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

John
    I just got one of those, too (for £15). Is this #4 then?

I have one of the known (now 4), but did anybody else's come with a barcode sticker covering Stevie's photo on the reverse?
    EDIT: Well I can see from John's photo that his doesn't.....

My 'quotes' link doesn't work so:

Thanks for the SK GOES TO THE MOVIES info John. I've crossed the hardcover (which I mistakenly thought I had) and the trade PB off my want list.

I have a MIST coming, though I paid double what Michael paid for his, but I'm still happy to get one. I will check the back of the book when I get it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Me too (as I don't have it yet, either).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

What is this MIST promo paperback all about? I've not really heard of it. Was it to be given out free with a purchase of the movie version or something like that?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure just what the circumstances were; I just know they seem very scarce. The one with the bar-code sticker on the back is new to me, of course. I think that's a total of five that I know of now. I just don't understand how promotional items can be that scarce.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    What is this MIST promo paperback all about? I've not really heard of it. Was it to be given out free with a purchase of the movie version or something like that?
    That's correct. Play.com in the uk - they're an online retailer - had a promotion of a free Mist paperback if you bought the film DVD when it was initially released. That's how I got my copy. Play.com do a lot of exclusive deals like that for a variety of products. I have no idea though of what the quantity involved would have been in the promotion.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Clacke! My main motivation to get this one was that I think 'The Mist' is a great story and I like the idea of having it as a separate book. But I can't deny that I also like the idea that there are only a few copies floating around.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Clacke's makes number six.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There must be hundreds of copies of this. One free with every DVD. They must have sold many hundreds of DVDs.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't doubt that but so far they haven't found their way to the secondary market in large numbers, just like all the other promotional booklets etcetera.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless they were limited, as were the globes distributed by Blockbuster in the US for The Mist. Each store had two.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless they were limited, as were the globes distributed by Blockbuster in the US for The Mist. Each store had two.

John
    My local store had three. I bought two of them and left the third for some other lucky buyer.

EDIT: The store had four. I bought three.

I kept one and the other two went to members here.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Picture of MIST globe please? Another thing I never heard of.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Picture of MIST globe please? Another thing I never heard of.
    If you bought the deluxe edition of the DVD, you got a promotional snowglobe. Only at Blockbuster and only a few globes per store, so you had to be an early buyer.

Old fuzzy photos taken with an old cellphone camera:

The original discussion at the time of release is probably buried in the Promotional items discussion thread here. Probably better photos there too.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

In reference to The Mist globe:

Go to my collection thread and scroll down to post #249. You can see what the coupon looked like along with the globe

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ulleins/page10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 567 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast