Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 567 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 559 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Does anyone know of an aftermarket slipcase or traycase for the DOLAN'S CADILLAC S/L? I recently obtained one of the 1000 limitation copies (as issued without a case).

Thank you for any info you can provide.
    I am looking for one as well. I have an aftermarket slipcase with my 1/250 copy which came with it, but my 1/1000 copy needs one.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Woowhoo... Will do! Thankee, big-big !
    Pam - check the completed listings on eBay. Shibus recently sold a 2nd ed Gunslinger for $190.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, If your still looking for a 2nd Edition Gunslinger, Like e_taylor said above...Shibus has a few. I lost the bidding on the one that just ended and emailed him to ask if he had more.

He said he had three more and actually sold me one for my bid on the other and its on the way !!! So give Greg ( Shibus ) a shout !!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    Hi, If your still looking for a 2nd Edition Gunslinger, Like e_taylor said above...Shibus has a few. I lost the bidding on the one that just ended and emailed him to ask if he had more.

He said he had three more and actually sold me one for my bid on the other and its on the way !!! So give Greg ( Shibus ) a shout !!
    Is it bad form to ask how much you paid, in general? Approximately?

Thanks for the tip! I PM'd him.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi ... I sent you a PM about your question !!!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post

Is it bad form to ask how much you paid, in general? Approximately?

Thanks for the tip! I PM'd him.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Does anyone know of an aftermarket slipcase or traycase for the DOLAN'S CADILLAC S/L? I recently obtained one of the 1000 limitation copies (as issued without a case).

I am looking for one as well. I have an aftermarket slipcase with my 1/250 copy which came with it, but my 1/1000 copy needs one.
    So there is such a thing as an aftermarket slipcase for this book?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have one, and I've seen others for sale with the book, but I don't know where they come from.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I have one, and I've seen others for sale with the book, but I don't know where they come from.
    If I recall correctly, the lettered state of this book was the only one issued by Lord John Press in a slipcase. The "deluxe" and the regular numbered states did not have slipcases originally.

Several years ago Camelot Books made and sold slipcases to house these books. I think they sold many, many slipcases. They did a pretty good job with the slipcases too. The Camelot slipcases look and feel very much like the slipcases on the lettered copies. Many collectors and dealers who come across these slipcased books mistakenly think they are original to the book but I don't think they are.

Perhaps others made slipcases too but Camelot is the one I remember.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bob, I appreciate the info.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love this thread, read it like the daily news.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sitting on the crapper?!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Pfft!

If only

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What is the best way to store traycased books?. Especially if they are extremely large and heavy ones like the Salem's Lot S/L or the HP Lovecraft traycased edition from Centipede Press?. I seem to remember some discussion on it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    What is the best way to store traycased books?. Especially if they are extremely large and heavy ones like the Salem's Lot S/L or the HP Lovecraft traycased edition from Centipede Press?. I seem to remember some discussion on it.
    I don't think theres a problem storing them upright, if you have shelves that accommodate them. I store my traycased Artists Inspired by HPL laying flat due to shelf constraints.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Storing them upright concerns me because I'm afraid the text block would sag eventually. That's just me, though.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Any that I get for the fundraiser are stored flat, I'm very worried about them.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Thanks for the input.

I am storing them upright laying on it's spine. I was told that that is the best position for extremely heavy and bulky books?. Not sure about the stress on the traycase, though. Anyone else who might shed some light on this?.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really dont know but I collect for me and like to show off my favorites so I leave them standing up. Some of my books I've had for years and it hasn't seemed to effect them yet. Only time will tell I guess.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think if the ones I have had were actually mine, I would store them just like a book too.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I shipped mine into space. Micro gravity is the best.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I don't see what the presence or absence of a traycase has to do with it. Wouldn't the question apply to any book? Traycased or not?

I store all of mine upright unless they are too tall for my shelves. The really big ones have to lay down. For me the problem is space. Laying a book down takes up more shelf space than standing it upright.

Right now Juliana has loads and loads of shelf space so it is really not an issue. I'll bet she fills up those new shelves sooner than she thinks though. What fun she will have!

Country
    Country Flag

So for the Talisman S/L theres the regular limitation copies signed by King and Straub, and then theres an additional limitation of 70 copies signed by King, Straub and 10 artists. Do I have that right?

How much more do these ones go for over the regular S/L?

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    So for the Talisman S/L theres the regular limitation copies signed by King and Straub, and then theres an additional limitation of 70 copies signed by King, Straub and 10 artists. Do I have that right?

How much more do these ones go for over the regular S/L?
    Currently on Abebooks there's a copy - #65/70 for sale, and also a lettered (Greek letter 'theta') for sale, both going for $2,800.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Yes. As for how much more, Tomas at Stephen King Collector lists the 1/1,200 as $800-$1,000, and the Presentation copy as $1,100-$1,600.

It actually appears there are 70 Numbered, and potentially 70 Lettered "Presentation Copies".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 567 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 559 ... LastLast