Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 542 of 567 FirstFirst ... 42 442 492 532 540 541 542 543 544 552 ... LastLast
Results 13,526 to 13,550 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Boxes: https://www.uline.com/Boxes-Cardboard

PayPal: Make sure you have the bank account you want the money to go into attached to your PayPal account and that you select that bank account for the funds transfer.

Shipping: Use USPS. I will usually use Media Mail for domestic book shipping. I make sure the book is well packaged to help it survive handling. You can use Priority Mail so that the box gets to the buyer faster which can prevent some potential damage. Priority Mail also provides an included $50 of insurance. ($200 Priority International) Be sure to get the tracking if you use Media Mail. Tracking is included with Priority Mail. You might also consider requesting a signature for more valuable books. PayPal has a discounted shipping label creator available. After you are logged into PayPal go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create
    Yep, all this, 100%.

I would add that my personal packaging preference (both sending and receiving) is to have bubble wrap around the books and packing peanuts between the wrapped book and the box. You should be able to drop the box on one of its corners (the weakest and most easily damaged spot) and not harm the book. To me that's the mark of a successfully wrapped package. If you do this then you shouldn't have to worry about the extended travel time of USPS Media Mail. As to where to get packing peanuts, I don't know the best place. UPS and FedEx stores are too expensive, IMO. I have a garbage bag that I constantly replenish from my book purchases and use for packing when I sell...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    3. As a potential buyer outside the US I would flat out refuse UPS or FedEx because of their brokerage fee. Some people have gotten lucky and gotten away without paying it, most do not. I'd rather spend that brokerage fee on buying another book which I'm sure benefits the seller as well.
    ^^^^
    this.
    Can't stand UPS or FedEx. Their fees can be 40%+ of the US value of the item, which is robbery. Plus if you miss them, it's a pain in the ass to pick the item up. For outside of the US, expedited USPS with a tracking number is always my preference.
    If your paying fees you need to ask the seller to lower the values. Have a fine arts policy that will cover your stuff while not in the house. Then there is no fees. I bet you I haven’t paid fees in 3 years or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Insert Neo saying "Whoa, deja vu."

I'm not sure exactly how you're not paying fees but I stopped buying things if the only option is UPS, period. Value never even factored here, I'd pay a UPS brokerage fee (not import fees, to clarify) even on a package containing three $15 records.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Insert Neo saying "Whoa, deja vu."

I'm not sure exactly how you're not paying fees but I stopped buying things if the only option is UPS, period. Value never even factored here, I'd pay a UPS brokerage fee (not import fees, to clarify) even on a package containing three $15 records.
    Wow.
    I do not. Under $20 nothing. And most times they let it go under $100. Big ticket items I only get if they are willing to ship with low value. Haven’t paid in forever man. Very lucky.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

PayPal: Make sure you have the bank account you want the money to go into attached to your PayPal account and that you select that bank account for the funds transfer.

Shipping: Use USPS. I will usually use Media Mail for domestic book shipping. I make sure the book is well packaged to help it survive handling. You can use Priority Mail so that the box gets to the buyer faster which can prevent some potential damage. Priority Mail also provides an included $50 of insurance. ($200 Priority International) Be sure to get the tracking if you use Media Mail. Tracking is included with Priority Mail. You might also consider requesting a signature for more valuable books. PayPal has a discounted shipping label creator available. After you are logged into PayPal go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create
    Yep, all this, 100%.

I would add that my personal packaging preference (both sending and receiving) is to have bubble wrap around the books and packing peanuts between the wrapped book and the box. You should be able to drop the box on one of its corners (the weakest and most easily damaged spot) and not harm the book. To me that's the mark of a successfully wrapped package. If you do this then you shouldn't have to worry about the extended travel time of USPS Media Mail. As to where to get packing peanuts, I don't know the best place. UPS and FedEx stores are too expensive, IMO. I have a garbage bag that I constantly replenish from my book purchases and use for packing when I sell...
    I ship A LOT at Betts....I've NEVER had to buy peanuts in 10 years running Betts....in fact I have 4 XL leaf bags full as extras...I buy all my boxes at ULINE...bubble wrap comes via Amazon where free shipping is the kicker. I buy 12 -16 rolls at a time....Shipping outside the US... I ALWAYS put a low value on customs form and USED BOOK so customer does not have to pay tax....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Yep, all this, 100%.

I ship A LOT at Betts....I've NEVER had to buy peanuts in 10 years running Betts....in fact I have 4 XL leaf bags full as extras...I buy all my boxes at ULINE...bubble wrap comes via Amazon where free shipping is the kicker. I buy 12 -16 rolls at a time....Shipping outside the US... I ALWAYS put a low value on customs form and USED BOOK so customer does not have to pay tax....
    Wow, I probably have more peanuts then you, which is weird since a large amount of them came from you to begin with LOL! I probably have close to 2 dozen garbage bags full of them. I think two of them came from the box George Beahm sent the Knowing Darkness book in. I have also started saving (when possible) the bubble wrap you and others use. I have two large boxes full of them (folded up).

Boxes on the other hand, I have not been saving, except for the Suntup boxes.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Can't stand UPS or FedEx. Their fees can be 40%+ of the US value of the item, which is robbery. Plus if you miss them, it's a pain in the ass to pick the item up. For outside of the US, expedited USPS with a tracking number is always my preference.
    Totally agree with this. UPS is the worst ever.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

As we all reuse peanuts from parcels shipped between one another, it might be fun to write a small message on one of those peanuts and see where it ends up....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    in ten years... I have had nothing but top service, no lost packages, no damaged ones and tracking either on or before the dates they state. Shocked others are not fans.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    As we all reuse peanuts from parcels shipped between one another, it might be fun to write a small message on one of those peanuts and see where it ends up....
    Similar story. Well, anecdote. I sent a book to Australia. The box found its way back to me from UK from a different member. Of course, I used it to send a book to another member again. See, eco friendly and free. And funny seeing the parts of all the different addresses.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    in ten years... I have had nothing but top service, no lost packages, no damaged ones and tracking either on or before the dates they state. Shocked others are not fans.
    I think much of it comes down to local service at the end. Our mail carrier happens to be great; as is the local FedEx. With UPS, we're lucky if he can deliver packages to the right house. At least once a week I'm either delivering a package to one of my neighbors or vice versa.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Appreciate the input everyone, THANK YOU!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    I think much of it comes down to local service at the end. Our mail carrier happens to be great; as is the local FedEx. With UPS, we're lucky if he can deliver packages to the right house. At least once a week I'm either delivering a package to one of my neighbors or vice versa.
    I think this is dead on.

As a shipper, I have no strong preference between the services, other than USPS is cheaper and has locations in my small town, while UPS and FedEx do not.

As a receiver, I have a strong preference for USPS. Because it's a small town, our carrier knows us and knows that I get a lot of books (we leave her a nice big tip over the holidays). She delivers in the same 30 minute window every day, always makes sure that packages are out of the weather and elements, and if I happen to miss her for a package with a signature she'll take it back to the USPS office right away so it will be available for me to pick up the same day. On the other hand, UPS and FedEx drivers come from either 30 minutes west (FedEx), or 1 hour east (UPS), they arrive at unpredictable times, and if we miss them it's a pain to pick up the packages or schedule a new delivery. I have also had many occasions with UPS where my package arrives late - it shows that it's due on a certain day, I watch the truck tracker drive around all day, and then it leaves without delivering the package, for whatever reason. This has happened a couple times with Suntup books and it hurts deep in my soul

So I think this is definitely a "last mile" problem that is going to vary widely across the world, and it's easy to believe that some people have great experiences (usually the shippers) and others have horrible ones (usually the receivers).

I will say though - I have never had a package lost by any of the services. I have had packages damaged by all of them, but probably only three ever where the book was damaged (for two of those the packaging should have been better, the third was packed great but was literally run over - you could see the tread marks).

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

A local bookstore has what appears to be the first editions of “The Green Mile” paperbacks. They are wrapped in cellophane so that gives me pause that they’re actually the first editions since the first editions came out separately, each book a few weeks apart I believe.
    Anyone ever see them wrapped in cellophane?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    A local bookstore has what appears to be the first editions of “The Green Mile” paperbacks. They are wrapped in cellophane so that gives me pause that they’re actually the first editions since the first editions came out separately, each book a few weeks apart I believe.
    Started in March of '96 and released each month thereafter. The only way to know is to physically look at the CP of each book. Ask them if they are willing to unwrap and show you this or if you purchase, will you be allowed to return if they aren't true 1st.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

Thanks.
    I'll be going back there this week and I'll ask them if I can return them if they're not what I want.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know, none of the Green Mile pb edirions were wrapped by the publisher. With a print run of 2 million copies rach, a wrapping of each book woild be too costly.

John

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

There was a "boxed set" made available after the individual books were released. They are not 1st printings.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    Started in March of '96 and released each month thereafter. The only way to know is to physically look at the CP of each book. Ask them if they are willing to unwrap and show you this or if you purchase, will you be allowed to return if they aren't true 1st.
    And released in february in France, if i recall correctly
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    As far as I know, none of the Green Mile pb edirions were wrapped by the publisher. With a print run of 2 million copies rach, a wrapping of each book woild be too costly.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    There was a "boxed set" made available after the individual books were released. They are not 1st printings.
    What they said.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Anyone know how many US and UK ELEVATION proofs were done? I rarely (make that almost never) see any for sale, and I don't think I've ever seen a UK one, which I'm sorta, kinda looking for.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I remember correctly, they did not make a UK proof, since it was getting too close to the publication date.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    If I remember correctly, they did not make a UK proof, since it was getting too close to the publication date.

Thanks! That's good news to me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Thanks! That's good news to me.
    No problem, glad to give you the good news!

Country
    Country Flag

Questioning myself here but can you all confirm: wastelands trade and s/l have same dust jacket tight?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 542 of 567 FirstFirst ... 42 442 492 532 540 541 542 543 544 552 ... LastLast