Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 567 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 453 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ka is cruel. Why oh why did it have to be Cell?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, this is listed in the applicable thread which I see you did link to. Might be a good idea to post this over there sharki67 for reference.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys - that's what I thought

Since it's Friday night and I have nothing else to do....LOL.... I found this minor variant as well. What's wrong with me ???

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Can anyone confirm if The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon that came with The New Lieutenant's Rap was a 1st or 2nd edition?
    It was reported to be a 2nd.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A CONUNDRUM!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Thanks guys - that's what I thought

Since it's Friday night and I have nothing else to do....LOL.... I found this minor variant as well. What's wrong with me ???

wow both books now ruined with thick black marker - thats dedication to the forum!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If I'm asking question that has been asked - my apologies. Please Bare with me on this one

I found today 2 copies of Cell Hardcover with the different DJ's - the regular 1st edition as appears at the catalog and the DJ with the larger show on spine BCE as stated on other thread.

Both DJ's have the price $26.95 on inner flap. and both books have full number line 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2

As far as I know - BCE has no price on it and don't have number line.

Thoughts ?

(In the photos - left is "catalog", right is "BCE")
    The red one is a BCE.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post774432
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    If I'm asking question that has been asked - my apologies. Please Bare with me on this one

I found today 2 copies of Cell Hardcover with the different DJ's - the regular 1st edition as appears at the catalog and the DJ with the larger show on spine BCE as stated on other thread.

Both DJ's have the price $26.95 on inner flap. and both books have full number line 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2

As far as I know - BCE has no price on it and don't have number line.

Thoughts ?

(In the photos - left is "catalog", right is "BCE")
    The red one is a BCE.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post774432
    With number line and price on DJ ?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. I don't recall who it was, (needfulthings?) but a member here stated that he remembers receiving that book as a member of the SKBC with the price and numberline.

There are many BCEs with full numberlines. The price on the dustjacket is the real anomaly.

ps. Even though it's a BCE, and even though I am not a completist, and even though it isn't a "collectible", I have one in my collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. I don't recall who it was, (needfulthings?) but a member here stated that he remembers receiving that book as a member of the SKBC with the price and numberline.

There are many BCEs with full numberlines. The price on the dustjacket is the real anomaly.

ps. Even though it's a BCE, and even though I am not a completist, and even though it isn't a "collectible", I have one in my collection.
    Thanks for your explanation Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Not a problem. Another tell of a BCE is if there is a bar code with another numerical code under it. The 1st editions never have the extra numerical code.

Country
    Country Flag

I know it's not one of the first states, but any value since its $8.95 ?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's not one of the first states, but any value since its $8.95 ?

We'd have to see the rest of the jacket to be sure.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it just a later edition/printing DJ, with it being Father Callahan and the $8.95 price?
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

O

Ditto

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Is it just a later edition/printing DJ, with it being Father Callahan and the $8.95 price?
    A early printing to be sure. But not a first.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Check for a gutter code to see when it was printed.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It certainly looks like a third state dust jacket.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    It certainly looks like a third state dust jacket.

John
    Except for the ISBN
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah! I forgot to check that.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's a fourth state jacket.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to bid on a US only eBay auction. If they do not ship to UK, I would be grateful if someone could help me out with sending the book to them first and forwarding it on to me. Yours grovellingly, Jon!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Happy to help Jon

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you very much Matt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 567 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 453 ... LastLast