Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 547 of 567 FirstFirst ... 47 447 497 537 545 546 547 548 549 557 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,675 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Crime. novel. Small publisher?
    Hard case? Like Joyland and Colorado kid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

That’s what I was thinking!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone ever gotten their sealed limited with something like this? I just received LSOE 1175 from Betts, unwrapped it and was checking eveything out when this page randomly opened up. Kinda wondering who's prints they are.

(Am I the only one that thinks certain books have the most amazing smell? LSOE just "sends me somewhere"...)

LSOE 1175 "printed"

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Probably the printers if I had to guess.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That would be an odd question. But.
    Let's say that you were close with a famous writer. Say Stephen King. Which I am not.

If you were to read early versions of his books, wouldn't it be a shame to just keep digital files?
    Wouldnt it be nice to get them printed somehow, once the final book has been released?
    What would you do with previous versions?

I personnally love lulu.com to print personal copies of books (I used that for printing myself a copy of "The Plant")

Maybe Bev Vincent has an input, given he co-edited a book?
    Did you do anything with previous versions, if you have any?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    That would be an odd question. But.
    Let's say that you were close with a famous writer. Say Stephen King. Which I am not.

If you were to read early versions of his books, wouldn't it be a shame to just keep digital files?
    Wouldnt it be nice to get them printed somehow, once the final book has been released?
    What would you do with previous versions?

I personnally love lulu.com to print personal copies of books (I used that for printing myself a copy of "The Plant")

Maybe Bev Vincent has an input, given he co-edited a book?
    Did you do anything with previous versions, if you have any?
    You would need permission to print someone else's copyrighted work in the US. Otherwise it is a copyright violation. If you only had one book printed for yourself, it might go unnoticed/unremarked though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the reply Br!an
    I didnt explicitly said it, but I did indeed meant that it would be for personal use. Doing otherwise would seem really stupid and a big break of trust.

But what would you do? Print files individually? Lose pages? More "looking like a book" type printing?
    Trying to make a nice project out of it?
    Forget it and just keep the digital files?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know the print run for the UK hardcover (New English Library) 1st of 'Salem's Lot?

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone give me some details on the Cavalier magazine Aug. 1974 with Night Surf in it?
    Looking for one or some help pointing me in the right direction.
    What should I expect to pay?

Thx

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say below $60.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'd say below $60.
    Thanks, Ari. Let the search begin.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Traveler nessuno2001 will become famous soon enough nessuno2001 will become famous soon enough

Default Desperately looking for "On The Shining and Other Perpetrations" in Whispers 1982

Hello folks,
    I am desperately looking for King's essay "On The Shining and Other Perpetrations" which was published in the Special SK Issue of the magazine Whispers in 1982. I am currently writing a piece about King's relationship with Kubrick's version of The Shining for an academic journal and I can't find this essay anywhere. My deadline is approaching and I would be extremely grateful if anyone who own a copy could send me photos of the pages –*nothing fancy, I just need to read the text. I know Whispers is extremely rare and a valuable collector's item, but I couldn't find anyone anywhere who has a copy. Maybe I'll be lucky here? My email is nessuno2001@gmail.com. Many many thanks!
    Best,
    Filippo

EDIT: Many thanks to herbertwest who sent me a transcription! And to Juliana K for reaching out moments later.

Traveler mikeko is on a distinguished road

Hello all,
    I have come across the book below (this is actual scan of my book) , and while I can find some limited info on this cover in paperback from Futura i cannot see any info about this particular one which is HB/DJ from macdonald, the isbn is the same as the other dust jacket - 9780340952726

Any help will be muchly appreciated!

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

It might be the Guild Publishing book club one. Does it have GP at the bottom of the spine?

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MacDonald has released a few books in hardcover format, with the same covers as the Futura paperbacks. I owned them some time ago but sold them again. Pretty hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    It might be the Guild Publishing book club one. Does it have GP at the bottom of the spine?
    No, Macdonald at the bottom of the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    MacDonald has released a few books in hardcover format, with the same covers as the Futura paperbacks. I owned them some time ago but sold them again. Pretty hard to find.
    Thank you Roog, that's very interesting. Do they hold any value? Also do you know the other titles they have released in that format?
    Thank you

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeko View Post
    Thank you Roog, that's very interesting. Do they hold any value? Also do you know the other titles they have released in that format?
    Thank you
    No idea about value, i paid like $20 bucks for one of those hardcovers.
    I only know of these titles in MacDonald hardcover:
    Skeleton Crew 0-356-10816-3
    Different Seasons 0-356-08678-X
    Danse Macabre
    Eyes of the Dragon

Might be more out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeko View Post
    Thank you
    No idea about value, i paid like $20 bucks for one of those hardcovers.
    I only know of these titles in MacDonald hardcover:
    Skeleton Crew 0-356-10816-3
    Different Seasons 0-356-08678-X
    Danse Macabre
    Eyes of the Dragon

Might be more out there.
    Thank you, that's very helpful 😊

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Question about this Desperation S/L
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/DESPERATION...8AAOSwPeReyFqP

Why is it dark blue? Is it just the lighting?
    Do they all have the printing error/ errata slip?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably just the lighting. All of the S/L editions should have the errata sheet.

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here collect the different variants of the books that were printed at multiple printers? I'm really torn about whether or not to bother. On the one hand, not getting the different variants seems like having a penny collection with only Denver pennies. On the other hand, pennies are small…

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

EYES OF THE DRAGON for sure.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You really do need all three.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You really do need all three.
    Is there something special about the differences for that one?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Haddon Craftsmen, Scranton, Pennsylvania
    Arcata Graphics Fairfield Pennsylvania
    Arcata Graphics Hawkins County Tennessee

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 547 of 567 FirstFirst ... 47 447 497 537 545 546 547 548 549 557 ... LastLast