Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 436 of 567 FirstFirst ... 336 386 426 434 435 436 437 438 446 486 536 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,900 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Thanks so much. Thought it must have, but a seller on Abe tried to pass it off as a true first without the price.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Man looks like we need to create an entry to wiki for this. If someone has the photos any everything needed please upload them or point me to them and I will create the entry for it.
    I do have a copy, Jeff that has the correct number line starting with 2, but there isn't a price on the inside of the DJ. Again, this is for the Random House edition, not the Viking. I'm sure there are many others here who own the book and can confirm if their edition has a price listed on the DJ or not. I can provide photos of my copy if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The dust jacket of the US Talisman first printing has a price of $18.95. John
    I believe you're speaking of the Viking 1st, John.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Man looks like we need to create an entry to wiki for this. If someone has the photos any everything needed please upload them or point me to them and I will create the entry for it.
    I do have a copy, Jeff that has the correct number line starting with 2, but there isn't a price on the inside of the DJ. Again, this is for the Random House edition, not the Viking. I'm sure there are many others here who own the book and can confirm if their edition has a price listed on the DJ or not. I can provide photos of my copy if need be.

Hey Brian, mine is in transit as I type and should be at my door in a few days. I'll check as soon as it arrives, if you haven't the answer by then.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Does the Random House 1st edition of The Talisman have a price on the inside of the DJ? Thanks!
    Mine has a price of $28.95 US and $43.95 Canadian on the upper corner of the inner flap of the dj.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're right. Sorry.

John

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Mine has a price of $28.95 US and $43.95 Canadian on the upper corner of the inner flap of the dj.
    Thanks, Bob. I have the book club edition then. Only paid 3 bucks for it sight unseen so I'm not too busted up about it. Back on the hunt. Keep that in mind, Peri when yours arrives.

You're right. Sorry. John
    No worries, my friend .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Thanks, Bob. I have the book club edition then. Only paid 3 bucks for it sight unseen so I'm not too busted up about it. Back on the hunt. Keep that in mind, Peri when yours arrives.
    Good info, cheers.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Hi, I am looking to buy an early printing Hard Cover Non-BCE Non-first of Night Shift and The Stand, can you tell me what the average price for those is please?
    Is there a way tell the difference between BCEs from the regular editions for these 2 books?
    Thanks!

You will not find a price on the book jacket of the BCEs...Also you might want to do a search on BookFinder.com.

Don't forget....
    Spoiler:
    STEPHEN KING LIBRARY EDITIONS.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You will not find a price on the book jacket of the BCEs...Also you might want to do a search on BookFinder.com.
    But, over the years, some dustjackets have moved between normal editition and BCEs and vice versa, so you have to look at the book as well, and that is best noted in the Catalog.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    But, over the years, some dustjackets have moved between normal editition and BCEs and vice versa, so you have to look at the book as well, and that is best noted in the Catalog.
    Yes, that's why I have trouble with these 2 bc I think the BCEs are the same size as the regular editions. I don't really need/want 1st editions but I don't want a BCE so that's my dilema. Is the only way to tell if it's a book club is by its DJ for these 2?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Yes, that's why I have trouble with these 2 bc I think the BCEs are the same size as the regular editions. I don't really need/want 1st editions but I don't want a BCE so that's my dilema. Is the only way to tell if it's a book club is by its DJ for these 2?
    You can use the catalog to tell the difference between first printings and BCEs. The price on the DJ and the color of the boards, binding and end papers are usually the best way. The Doubleday gutter code is different for BCEs too.

First printings are pricey. Later printings aren't very much. Nice copies are around $20 maybe.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Are Remarques done in a BCE worth anything or do they increase the value or collectability? I'm sure Remarques done in a 1st are the ideal scenario.

I believe that's what they refer to when they say....
    Spoiler:
    POLISHING A TURD.

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that's what they refer to when they say....
    Spoiler:
    POLISHING A TURD.
    Gotcha.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if this has been asked before, but what are your thoughts regarding a "review copy" that is the actual book with the promotional letter included? I received a copy of Finders Keepers like this.

Thanks
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsteltor View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but what are your thoughts regarding a "review copy" that is the actual book with the promotional letter included? I received a copy of Finders Keepers like this.

Thanks
    I'm not the best to reply, but I've heard that they send out "review copies" when they run out of proofs / ARCs. They are identical to the finished book, so the letter is the only valuable bit. jhanic might be the best person to ask.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's my understanding as well. They're sent out before publication and the only difference to the final book is the inclusion of the letter. I like to collect these letters. This practice started from the very beginning with Carrie, although back then it was a review slip and not a letter.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteltor View Post

Thanks
    I'm not the best to reply, but I've heard that they send out "review copies" when they run out of proofs / ARCs. They are identical to the finished book, so the letter is the only valuable bit. jhanic might be the best person to ask.
    Given a choice I would definitely rather have a review copy with the publisher's promotional letter in my collection than a copy without the letter. But how much more is it worth? I don't know. Maybe twice the price of a hardcover first edition without the letter? Just an opinion.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd put the value of the book with the letter at about half again the price of the book to double the price of the book at best. I.e., a $30 book with the letter would be $45-60. I have a number of these in my collection and wouldn't pay more.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    You can use the catalog to tell the difference between first printings and BCEs. The price on the DJ and the color of the boards, binding and end papers are usually the best way. The Doubleday gutter code is different for BCEs too.

First printings are pricey. Later printings aren't very much. Nice copies are around $20 maybe.
    Thanks I didnt know I could check that way.

O.K. Here's one for you...How much do the Stephen King banners on the 1st editions of both the U.S.A. & U.K. THINNER add to the value?

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd put the value of the book with the letter at about half again the price of the book to double the price of the book at best. I.e., a $30 book with the letter would be $45-60. I have a number of these in my collection and wouldn't pay more.

John
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate it.
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

O.K. Here's one for you...How much do the Stephen King banners on the 1st editions of both the U.S.A. & U.K. THINNER add to the value?
    I made lots of copies of the USA one as it is just red on white paper, so I would not pay anything extra. The UK one is too difficult to forge/copy, so add a few bucks to that one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 436 of 567 FirstFirst ... 336 386 426 434 435 436 437 438 446 486 536 ... LastLast