Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 563 of 567 FirstFirst ... 63 463 513 553 561 562 563 564 565 ... LastLast
Results 14,051 to 14,075 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the bump Jeremy! I’ve found a few since I posted this. King signed and dated his manuscript photocopies for the David Morrell auction in 2017.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some questions about the illustrations in TDT

-----------

Are the illustrations in all editions, or only the limited and first editions?

-----------
    TDT 1 :

Is this illustration in the book?
    It is missing from the french version

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/da...20091112032916
    -

-----------
    TDT 2

According to my notes, there are two different type of illustrations by Phil Hale
    The "coloured" ones, available here and some dark ones

Were they all in the first edition?
    Or are maybe the dark ones, more modern and only in the 2003-2004 revised edition?

-----------
    TDT 3 :

Can someone tell me if that illustration, which I found in my files, is in the book?
    It seems to be missing in the french version
    But maybe it's only in the "Waste Lands" portfolio, as in here

Does the portfolio have more missing?

------

TDT 7 :

What about the illustrations showing the 3 Kings : is it actually in the book?
    It seems to be missing in the french version

> This one :

Thanks
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That "3 Kings" drawing is partially reproduced on the inner dust jacket flap, on the page after the copyright page and on the last page of the Grant edition of DARK TOWER VII.

That WASTELANDS drawing is on the inner boards of the Grant edition, front and back.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I see nothing when I click on your DARK TOWER 1 link!

My Grant TDT2 has those colorful Hale illustrations, and my Viking 2003 release has different Hale illustrations that are not as colorful.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !

Regarding TDT1, it's this one... probably as wraparound inner flap or something?

That would makes sense : those are the inner flaps / inner dj

For TDT2, that's what I thought the original illustrations are the colorful ones. And the 2003 revised edition have the dark ones

Yes, on the inner boards, front & back!

Country
    Country Flag

That explains it all, thanks !

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really. Time and patience will locate one for ~$100.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

He’s had that booklet listed a long time. I saw that at least a year ago.

Thanks Jerome, I'll wait then.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have a copy somewhere. Give me time to dig it up and you can have it for $100 F&F. Free USA shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have a copy somewhere. Give me time to dig it up and you can have it for $100 F&F. Free USA shipping.
    Sounds good to me!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Has PS released The Dead Zone Lettered yet? I didn't see anything in the catalog for the numbered or the lettered.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

The Dead Zone Lettered is not finished to date.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    The Dead Zone Lettered is not finished to date.
    Should be (soon); has been at the printer's for quite awhile now.
    Guess it's those darn cases again.

sk

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

found this description from a bookseller listing for first US of THE DEAD ZONE:

Black cloth spine, gray boards, gilt titles. This copy is missing a number of forematter pages, including cr page, title page, dedication page and author's note. According to Barry Levin in 'Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature,' Stephen King had complained to Viking Press about some poorly-printed first-run copies that he had seen at an autograph party for the book. When asked by Levin about this, King replied: 'In response to your question about the true first issue of the first edition of THE DEAD ZONE, some of the first editions were defective. They were pulled from distribution.' This is evidently one of those copies. There are also several differences between this copy and the normal first edition of the book, including the backstrip color and the embossing of the author's initials on the front board. These bibliographic differences make this a true first-state copy.

Is this true? Ive not heard this before.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    found this description from a bookseller listing for first US of THE DEAD ZONE:

Black cloth spine, gray boards, gilt titles. This copy is missing a number of forematter pages, including cr page, title page, dedication page and author's note. According to Barry Levin in 'Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature,' Stephen King had complained to Viking Press about some poorly-printed first-run copies that he had seen at an autograph party for the book. When asked by Levin about this, King replied: 'In response to your question about the true first issue of the first edition of THE DEAD ZONE, some of the first editions were defective. They were pulled from distribution.' This is evidently one of those copies. There are also several differences between this copy and the normal first edition of the book, including the backstrip color and the embossing of the author's initials on the front board. These bibliographic differences make this a true first-state copy.

Is this true? Ive not heard this before.
    Sounds like a printing/binding error. It certainly doesn't make it desirable to me. It also doesn't supplant a true first edition.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks in advance!

I just got this trade paperback of IT in the mail today. I ordered it through B&N in brand new condition. I was wondering... is the spine supposed to curve in like that? Again, thanks!

WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not unheard of in trade paperbacks with a large page count.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's not unheard of in trade paperbacks with a large page count.
    Thanks for the insight. That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Country
    Country Flag

The catalog says that Carrie UK first has a printrun of less than 1k copies
    I recently read that it was only 600 copies that mostly went to libraries : can someone confirm?

Thanks

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The catalog says that Carrie UK first has a printrun of less than 1k copies
    I recently read that it was only 600 copies that mostly went to libraries : can someone confirm?

Thanks
    600 yes
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 563 of 567 FirstFirst ... 63 463 513 553 561 562 563 564 565 ... LastLast