Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 560 of 567 FirstFirst ... 60 460 510 550 558 559 560 561 562 ... LastLast
Results 13,976 to 14,000 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still no signed copies of "Billy Summers" out there?
    I would expect Richard, Matt, Bev, maybe Ari to get one, no?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw that Gerald Winters got an inscribed UK proof.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Yes, inscribed to him and dated. I am so envious.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

And proof number 19!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    And proof number 19!
    Does anybody have a link?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone wanna share their "short list" of places they look for books? Particularly interested in auction sites like heritage, and other non-abe-or-ebay type places 😀.
    Not sure if these are closely guarded secrets like fishing holes, but figured I'd ask anyways!
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post
    Anyone wanna share their "short list" of places they look for books? Particularly interested in auction sites like heritage, and other non-abe-or-ebay type places 😀.
    Not sure if these are closely guarded secrets like fishing holes, but figured I'd ask anyways!
    Honestly, some of your best deals will be with some of the folks here. There's a lot of people who are willing to help each other out. Use the King Books/Items Wanted thread - look at it closely and you will see who the sellers are. The best though is Bett's Books - you gotta check David out. Tomas' website over at Stephen King Collector (The Collector) is a great resource for some websites as well - look for the "links" button.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    With his reputation I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do the signing himself!!!! LOL So far, that's the only signed copy I've heard tell of out there!!! I don't suppose, Mr. King has the desire to go out on the road and do signings anymore. He technically doesn't really need to and I doubt the publishers could do anything to entice him anymore. Would be nice for us fans if he did do one final farewell signing tour though that is for sure.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    With his reputation I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do the signing himself!!!! LOL So far, that's the only signed copy I've heard tell of out there!!! I don't suppose, Mr. King has the desire to go out on the road and do signings anymore. He technically doesn't really need to and I doubt the publishers could do anything to entice him anymore. Would be nice for us fans if he did do one final farewell signing tour though that is for sure.
    Seems like he is still quite well connected, if not well liked.

This isn’t a spoiler, but about the name of a building in Billy Summers, and must admit I wondered if it was named after him, but subtlety different..

Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post
    Honestly, some of your best deals will be with some of the folks here. There's a lot of people who are willing to help each other out. Use the King Books/Items Wanted thread - look at it closely and you will see who the sellers are. The best though is Bett's Books - you gotta check David out. Tomas' website over at Stephen King Collector (The Collector) is a great resource for some websites as well - look for the "links" button.
    100% on the resources here! I've already reached out and made deals with the folks here and FB groups. I also troll around web pages each night and was looking for some new places to troll...lol
    Thanks for the reply!
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    And proof number 19!
    Does anybody have a link?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GWandSonB...96486184902657

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt has an inscribed copy as wel and he got it a long time ago
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Seems like he is still quite well connected, if not well liked.

This isn’t a spoiler, but about the name of a building in Billy Summers, and must admit I wondered if it was named after him, but subtlety different..
    Looks can be decieving. To be fair though, I suppose I'm still hurting for being suckered by him on some issues in the past. I really believed and supported the guy and ended up taking it in the..........well, lets just say it wasn't pleasant. Who really knows in this time of the internet, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

This is not a question but a heads up for all of you thousands of King paperback collectors out there.
    I don't want to look in the BILLY SUMMERS thread because of spoilers, I haven't read the book yet.
    If you want to get your UK paperback orders in, to be sure of getting 1st printings, now's the time to do it at The Book Depository.
    They come to $28.46 with free postage, publication date June 2022.
    ISBNs are:
    978-152-936-5702
    978-152-936-5665
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    This is not a question but a heads up for all of you thousands of King paperback collectors out there.
    I don't want to look in the BILLY SUMMERS thread because of spoilers, I haven't read the book yet.
    If you want to get your UK paperback orders in, to be sure of getting 1st printings, now's the time to do it at The Book Depository.
    They come to $28.46 with free postage, publication date June 2022.
    ISBNs are:
    978-152-936-5702
    978-152-936-5665
    And even then is a gamble. Thanks for the info though.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody has a list (even not comprehensive, even just a few titles) of some of the UK books that has a facsimile signatures? For instance on bookplaces and/or covers

I know of : 112263, Dolores, Just After Sunset, Insomnia, N&D, Revival, TWTTKH, Pet Sematary (PS Publishing), IT special limited edition

Any other?
    I sort of remember seeing some on the covers of some books.
    Thanks
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just noticed a strange thing on my WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE UK special editions.
    I have one of the 200 copy signed editions and 2 of the 700 copy editions.
    Of my 2 700 copy editions, one is open and it is numbered and has the facsimile signature. The other is still in the shrinkwrap, but the book inside is identical to the 200 copy SIGNED edition! The paper sticker on the outside though claims it is one of the 700 copy editions!
    Very weird, the only way to see if it was accidentally a signed edition mistakenly labeled a facsimile signed edition is to open it!
    Decisions, decisions!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I just noticed a strange thing on my WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE UK special editions.
    Of my 2 700 copy editions, one is open and it is numbered and has the facsimile signature. The other is still in the shrinkwrap, but the book inside is identical to the 200 copy SIGNED edition! The paper sticker on the outside though claims it is one of the 700 copy editions!
    Very weird, the only way to see if it was accidentally a signed edition mistakenly labeled a facsimile signed edition is to open it!
    Decisions, decisions!

Please open it and let me know! Curious indeed! Better yet, let Ari open it, it will have King's signature along with two other books signed, his phone number and a rare collectable.

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

The suspense is killing us

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Decisions, decisions!

That’s be a great bonus if it was actually signed.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Here's a picture, just in case I've made some kind of mistake.
    As you can see, the designation is 700 copies with facsimile signature, but the spine of the book has the gold lettering and rough composition of the 200 copy signed edition.
    What really irks me is that there is a partial tear of the shrinkwrap on the front of the book. Poor shrinkwrap!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Decisions, decisions!
    Ok, I am confused, I have both editions, and the slipcases and spine of books are identical. I can only tell the difference by opening the book (plus the edition of 700 still has shrink wrap, and the plate, previous owner cut a door in the shrink wrap so book can be removed.

So bottom line is, I don't think that is a mislabeled 1/200 book.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Decisions, decisions!
    Ok, I am confused, I have both editions, and the slipcases and spine of books are identical. I can only tell the difference by opening the book (plus the edition of 700 still has shrink wrap, and the plate, previous owner cut a door in the shrink wrap so book can be removed.

That is why I think I may have made some kind of mistake, because the dust jacket on my 700 copy book is smooth with white lettering (i.e., just like the Hodder trade edition), the only one of the 3 which is opened, while the other two dust jackets have gold lettering and the books seem to be made of a rougher composition. I don't understand it myself. However, the book itself is numbered and has the colored plates, etc. I bought it from CD. I'm sure the error is on my part, but I can't remember the circumstances.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Decisions, decisions!

That is why I think I may have made some kind of mistake, because the dust jacket on my 700 copy book is smooth with white lettering (i.e., just like the Hodder trade edition), the only one of the 3 which is opened, while the other two dust jackets have gold lettering and the books seem to be made of a rougher composition. I don't understand it myself. However, the book itself is numbered and has the colored plates, etc. I bought it from CD. I'm sure the error is on my part, but I can't remember the circumstances.
    From memory, neither book (700 or 200) came with a dust jacket as standard. I think CD PS Publishing offered a limited few of the 700's to include the dust jacket from the trade as a bonus item and it was shrink wrapped with the dust jacket already on the book.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

That would explain the whole thing then.
    Thanks Simon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 560 of 567 FirstFirst ... 60 460 510 550 558 559 560 561 562 ... LastLast