Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 567 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 488 538 ... LastLast
Results 10,926 to 10,950 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It surprises me just a little that most King collectors ignore the large print editions. Some collectors get every known edition of a particular book (including audio and foreign editions) under the sun but not the large print ones. I love large print books and wish every book I read were large print because my eyesight is getting steadily worse. I guess they are just not that desirable for some reason.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't say that....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I never used to collect large print editions, but I started to get them on the last few books and will probably continue to do so going forward.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else have any Taiwanese Editions? (FYI The text is English.)

Bootleg Editions The paper is so thin you can read the printing text on the other side of page.

These are from the 1980s...I also have a Firestarter.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have these. Same with English text. I just put the Firestarter there for size. Not in the best shape and have had them for many years. Forgot about them until I saw your post.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

You know how sometimes you will see books with a bit of "extra" glue or a tad of yellow by the binding of the books? Not all but sometimes you see this. It seems to trend for older books? Anyway, does this hinder the value of the book because of the binding flaw from production? Is it even considered a flaw?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    You know how sometimes you will see books with a bit of "extra" glue or a tad of yellow by the binding of the books? Not all but sometimes you see this. It seems to trend for older books? Anyway, does this hinder the value of the book because of the binding flaw from production? Is it even considered a flaw?
    I think I know what you are talking about and no, IMO, it does not adversely affect the value of the book. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of a book with the issue? It would help if we knew we were all talking about the same thing.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure where to post this question...

I'm looking for a hi-quality, hi-res, picture of King by Frank Kadi from "The Maine Campus" known as "Study, Dammit"

please HELP!
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Time ago a reproduction of the poster was for sale. I can't really remember where but it was a great quaility photo. Someone might have a better memory than I and remember where it was for sale (and maybe you still can get a copy).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post

I'm looking for a hi-quality, hi-res, picture of King by Frank Kadi from "The Maine Campus" known as "Study, Dammit"

please HELP!
    It used to be available (four years ago) at www.studydammit.com (I kid you not), but that website has been taken over. It was issued by Stillwater Poster Company with proceeds going to support both The Maine Campus and scholarships at the University of Maine. Their other, more official website is dead, too, and their twitter feed has been silent since the end of 2014.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post

please HELP!
    What do you need it for? Send me a PM. I might can help.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I think I know what you are talking about and no, IMO, it does not adversely affect the value of the book. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of a book with the issue? It would help if we knew we were all talking about the same thing.
    I'm trying to figure out which book it is and I thought it was "this one" and it isn't. If I figure it out I will be back. Thanks!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This may be a really stupid question but I'm still going to ask it

Is there a way to insure your books? In the event of a fire or some other natural(or unnatural the way the world is going) disaster? I have renters insurance but it wouldn't be enough to cover the cost of some of these S/L's along with my other worldly possessions. Just curious as to what some of you folks do that have the really expensive lettered editions and such.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

Is there a way to insure your books? In the event of a fire or some other natural(or unnatural the way the world is going) disaster? I have renters insurance but it wouldn't be enough to cover the cost of some of these S/L's along with my other worldly possessions. Just curious as to what some of you folks do that have the really expensive lettered editions and such.
    I've never had to file a claim, but have heard good things about Collectible Insurance Services, which I found out about somewhere in the forums here. They were very easy to work with to sign up.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes you can use a company like collectables insurance. http://bit.ly/1XWlTNa

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! I'll look into it. I think I would feel a bit better with some sort of safety net in place. With all of these tornadoes in the Midwest you just never know. I'm in Maine but hey, we can still get a rogue blizzard or something!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There is an existing thread in the Tutorial section:

HOW TO: Insure Your Collectibles

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

There is an existing thread in the Tutorial section:

HOW TO: Insure Your Collectibles
    Thank you

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post

I've never had to file a claim, but have heard good things about Collectible Insurance Services, which I found out about somewhere in the forums here. They were very easy to work with to sign up.
    I have Collectables Insurance Services. The rates are fair. I've never had to file a claim, but with tornadoes and now earthquakes in Oklahoma I am glad to pay the yearly premium.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to claim on a lot of damaged books when we had our big earthquakes here years ago. Having a market value policy at the time worked in my favor as I was able to show the market value for the rare boks was obviously a lot higher than their issue price and was fully reimbursed.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

So I don't have to give them my personal info and be presumably deluged with followups, can someone give me a ballpark figure on how much they're paying through the above company, Collectibles Insurance Services, and how much that is covering, e.g. $500/yr. for $100K of coverage? Like some here, I've tried to add it on separately or as a rider to my homeowner's insurance with little luck.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Off the top of my head, about $300/year for $50,000. Give or take.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Ok, thanks...higher than I was hoping, unfortunately... But then insurance usually is. :-(

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, I'm sure that many of you have seen The Stand Lettered edition currently up on ebay. I have not seen one of these before. What might be a reasonable offer? I have a numbered one, but may want to upgrade for the right price. I am out of my element on this one.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    OK, I'm sure that many of you have seen The Stand Lettered edition currently up on ebay. I have not seen one of these before. What might be a reasonable offer? I have a numbered one, but may want to upgrade for the right price. I am out of my element on this one.
    For guidance, Betts have sold 4:
    The Stand 1990: Lettered edition "TT" - Fine/Fine in original shipping box $2700
    The Stand 1990: Lettered edition "TT" - Fine/Fine in original shipping box $2995
    The Stand 1990: Lettered Letter "KK" $3300
    The Stand 1990 Letter "X" of 52 only copies....Book is Fine; glassine/tissue DJ (highly fragile) present and in nice shape; no flaws to "Coffin" box; comes with original shipping box (marked #X) $3600

The Lettered is exactly the same as the Numbered (other than the written number/letter)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 567 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 488 538 ... LastLast