Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 567 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

acdckingfan

Thank u john so much for the information! its the only collectors edition i own!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I just checked Follett did the intro for The Shining.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only one of the Collectors Editions I have is of 'Salem's Lot - signed by both King and Barker.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    (and my only actual King S/L) is an author's copy.
    Author copies, (unlike PC copies) can be worth more than the numbered version.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, that makes me happy to hear. I didn't know that...though it's more valuable to me. It was a gift.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

wizard and glass FIRST EDITION PAPERBACK ORIGINAL(UK)

I'm not a collector as such so I was wondering what sort of things I should be looking for?
    This is going to the book stall at a local market as I have the DT books with the covers I like already. Not sure what else I am supposed to mention

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Savvy, I'm not sure just what you're asking. Are you looking for the points to identify a first/first of DTIV or what?

John

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry John

I have no idea tbh, I just wondered whether it would be worth anything to anyone who collects these if not I'm happy to give it to the book stall
    I think it is just a first edition? it has the numbers 10-1 if that helps

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to dig my copy out. If I remember correctly, the true first/first of the UK DTIV is a trade-sized paperback, published by Sphere (?), and has "French flaps" on the cover. This means that there are fold-out extensions on the front and back covers. I don't remember the price. A full numberline is a plus for sure.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Ah ok, it does have the flappy things with illustrations on the inside. It says it is published by Hodder and Stoughton

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for taking time to look

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There are lots for sale on ebay for £0.99

Country
    Country Flag

I don't do ebay so I wouldn't have known

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I'll have to dig my copy out. If I remember correctly, the true first/first of the UK DTIV is a trade-sized paperback, published by Sphere (?), and has "French flaps" on the cover. This means that there are fold-out extensions on the front and back covers. I don't remember the price. A full numberline is a plus for sure.

John
    Just for the sake of the completists, the price is L14.99, Hodder & Stoughton.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Has the story The Furnace been published as a finished story?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    As far as I know, only on line. Here is the complete story and list of student contributors that completed Kings paragraph:

http://www.weeklyreader.com/article/...r-stephen-king

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not so sure that it havent been published. Because a few months back i saw on abebooks a description of a magazine (i think) that was listing "the furnace" (i am pretty sure there was a mistake in the name of the story... like funrace)

I did post about it at the time :
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...0&postcount=34

But i didnt write or give the title of the mag though... I am sure that i did send it to someone, but i recently cleared my sent mails...

the best would be to ask to the website...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    As far as I know, only on line. Here is the complete story and list of student contributors that completed Kings paragraph:

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Thanks Mulleins!

Herbertwest, maybe it was the magazine Writing, that was for sale? (with the first appearance of the unfinished version of The furnace)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably.

Two top students have been selected so far. Each will win a Stephen King autographed copy of Weekly Reader's Writing magazine, Weekly Reader t-shirts, a World Almanac and the chance to be published!
    http://oracle.sys-con.com/node/146832

Or maybe the complete story.. if the kids recieve it signed.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Thanks Mulleins!

Herbertwest, maybe it was the magazine Writing, that was for sale? (with the first appearance of the unfinished version of The furnace)
    Do you know which issue that is?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Know Your World Extra - Volume 39 # 2 - September 23, 2005 - 'Write Your Own Scary Story' - (The Furnace)

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have the magazine with the starter paragraph by King but I do have the completed story with a cover that I created:

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got a copy at home. I'll see if I can locate it when I get off work and I'll post scans.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

To set the record straight about the Stephen King Collectors Series talked about a few posts ago:

I must have read Justin Brooks' Bibliography wrong when I responded to the question. He does, indeed, have Ken Follett as the author of the Introduction to The Shining.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have the magazine with the starter paragraph by King but I do have the completed story with a cover that I created:
    Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Tommy's job was to get wood for the fire from the box at the bottom of the cellar stairs. His mother said he wouldn't be afraid of the cellar when he got older, but now he was ten, and he hated it more than ever.
    Tommy was sure something was behind the furnace. He sometimes thought he could hear it breathing back there, and he knew it was watching him. Then one day when Tommy was getting the wood, the door at the top of the stairs swung shut and the cellar light went out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 567 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 ... LastLast