Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 559 of 567 FirstFirst ... 59 459 509 549 557 558 559 560 561 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,975 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Anybody got a PDF / ebook / digital version of the abridged version of "the stand"?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian, but if I am not mistaken, this is the full unabridged version?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian, but if I am not mistaken, this is the full unabridged version?
    There are no digital copies of the 1978 edition of The Stand. They didn't use digital copies back then. Someone would need to scan the entire book.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I understand that and wondered if someone did find a digital version since
    But I guess not

Thanks anyway
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I understand that and wondered if someone did find a digital version since
    But I guess not

Thanks anyway
    I'll keep an eye out for one.

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've begun my hunt for #321 S/L DT books. I've been searching bunch of online sellers using Biblio and have run into a weird situation. There is a particular seller whom has multiple S/L books in the series but will not reveal what number they are! I've email this seller and asked for the number and the response I received was basically: "Yeah, I don't check numbers. I get that alot."
    Is this common? Anyone else ever run into this?

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like someone I wouldn’t want to deal with………
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Agreed, I'd just like to know if I NEED deal with him...LOL

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

really nobody scanned the Original (1978) version of The Stand? i did not know that

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post
    Yeah, I get what you’re saying. I have never run into anyone that either didn’t already know the number they had or wasn’t at least willing to check. That’s a strange one…….
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. I have never run into anyone that either didn’t already know the number they had or wasn’t at least willing to check. That’s a strange one…….
    If you are dealing with a seller on ABE then good luck. There are a couple sellers on there who refuse to tell you the numbers. I have tried many many times to find out the numbers. Even tried just talking to the guy to find out why he refuses. Tried to explain that he would possibly sell the books faster. He told me I was wasting my time, he doesn't believe in matching numbers and he refuses to tell me the numbers of any of the books. So weird. Obviously he doesn't need the money and isn't motivated to sell them because they have been for sale for along time. Copper Dragon Books is one of the sellers and I can't remember the other.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    If you are dealing with a seller on ABE then good luck. There are a couple sellers on there who refuse to tell you the numbers. I have tried many many times to find out the numbers. Even tried just talking to the guy to find out why he refuses. Tried to explain that he would possibly sell the books faster. He told me I was wasting my time, he doesn't believe in matching numbers and he refuses to tell me the numbers of any of the books. So weird. Obviously he doesn't need the money and isn't motivated to sell them because they have been for sale for along time. Copper Dragon Books is one of the sellers and I can't remember the other.
    Interesting, I think I actually got a reply with a number from Copper Dragon - but maybe not... https://quintessentialrarebooks.com/ was the one that refused me. So weird - and frustrating.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Interesting, I think I actually got a reply with a number from Copper Dragon - but maybe not... https://quintessentialrarebooks.com/ was the one that refused me. So weird - and frustrating.
    Quintessential is definitely the other one I couldn't remember

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    really nobody scanned the Original (1978) version of The Stand? i did not know that
    It amazes me as well - with the number of King readers, the number holding that version of that work in high esteem, and the general readiness of the fan base to document/analyze the works.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    It amazes me as well - with the number of King readers, the number holding that version of that work in high esteem, and the general readiness of the fan base to document/analyze the works.
    Isnt the rewrite considered so much better though? Man I cannot remember what version I read its been so long.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Isnt the rewrite considered so much better though? Man I cannot remember what version I read its been so long.
    I'm not sure there's much of a consensus on this:

Pro-original edition:
    - some feel the original, by way of being the "original," is the final word and any changes are unnecessary or even offensive;

- some, while not philosophically opposed to the Uncut edition, feel that the added pages are bloat that deserved to be cut (to which I say "pshaw!" - The Stand was always intended to sprawl);

Pro-Uncut edition:
    - some (including me) prefer the Uncut edition's fuller, richer experience;

- some (also including me) recognize that the original novel wasn't the original story (abridged as it was) and that the Uncut edition is the closest we'll get to the original story.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pro-original edition:
    - some feel the original, by way of being the "original," is the final word and any changes are unnecessary or even offensive;

- some, while not philosophically opposed to the Uncut edition, feel that the added pages are bloat that deserved to be cut (to which I say "pshaw!" - The Stand was always intended to sprawl);

Pro-Uncut edition:

- some (also including me) recognize that the original novel wasn't the original story (abridged as it was) and that the Uncut edition is the closest we'll get to the original story.
    Thanks... So you would say for a good re-read... grab the uncut?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...So you would say for a good re-read... grab the uncut?
    Absolutely.

But for bonus points, if you want to be a psycho like I was around 8 years ago, you could read them back to back (original followed by uncut) to make sure you knew what was new.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to do that
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Country
    Country Flag

Pro-original edition:

Pro-Uncut edition:

Thanks... So you would say for a good re-read... grab the uncut?
    If you want a quick read though, get the french paperback of the cut version.
    It's even shorter than the american cut version.
    About half of it

My Mood
    Yeehaw

…which reminds me: speaking of merciless edits, I think I read (from King himself in an old interview) that a Dutch translation of It was only ~600 pages long.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

…which reminds me: speaking of merciless edits, I think I read (from King himself in an old interview) that a Dutch translation of It was only ~600 pages long.
    The Dutch publisher decided to cut it by a few hundred or so pages.
    Don't ask why...and not sure they even asked for permission to do so....

sk

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Did CUJO from PS Publishing ever arrive anywhere?
    I have one on order from Sub Press but still have not received it.
    I can't remember if they were damaged or were the slipcases defective?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    They are not even printed yet.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    They are not even printed yet.
    Thank you!
    That clears that up!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 559 of 567 FirstFirst ... 59 459 509 549 557 558 559 560 561 ... LastLast