Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Collectible James Herbert

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

Traveler kimchella is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, Has anyone out here got photos of the Once Goblin that was distributed to promote the book Once? I have 2 Goblins but they are different colours, shades of green/brown etc, and wanted to know how many variants there were.
    Many thanks all,
    Rich.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kimchella View Post
    Hi, Has anyone out here got photos of the Once Goblin that was distributed to promote the book Once? I have 2 Goblins but they are different colours, shades of green/brown etc, and wanted to know how many variants there were.
    Many thanks all,
    Rich.
    No, but I’d be interested to see a photograph of this - never heard of it. (And nice to see another member from the Southern Lands).

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m very excited with this new item. When the ARC/proof copies of Others went out to reviewers back in the day, the publishers also gave out these “chiller bags”.
    I bought this inscribed ARC and bag from Craig Cabell - Herbert’s biographer.
    These are as rare as hens teeth and I’d never actually seen one until I got this one:

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man - you’re killing me. Love them 👍🏼👊🏼

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That all well and good but do you have any hens teeth?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Oh man - you’re killing me. Love them 👍🏼👊🏼
    Thanks Antoni. Me too

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That all well and good but do you have any hens teeth?
    Just the one, Paul. I display it next to my rocking horse poop.

Traveler aherbite is on a distinguished road

Default Meeting James Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I travelled down to Birmingham last week for a signing and Q&A with James Herbert. Got 3 books signed, had a nice chat with the man himself, and he happily posed for pictures with everyone whon asked. He really was a nice fella.

Will post up some pics when I get a chance.
    I was at the same book signing for Ash. I had previously tried to meet James but one of us was ill or something stopped me. James was mesmerising during his talk and I couldn't wait to meet him. While in the signing queue I was talking to a few people and said how accomodating James was and how I had written to him and he had always replied. I had also sent a lot of books to him and he always returned them signed. These people looked at me as if to say oh right, as if. While in the queue a lady came round asking if we wanted our books just signing dedicating. I asked for mine to be dedicated to me, Reg and the other for a friend in New Zealand. When I got up to James he said hello, shooks hands and looked in the book. He said Reg. I said yes James and as he went to sign he looked up and said "Reg Nagle" I said yes James and he pulled me up on the stage he was on and gave me a big hug. We meet at last he said. His smile was fabulous. He signed both books writing in mine "at last. What a pleasure. Best wishes James Herbert". I asked if he would sign a Haunted Film Pack for me and he wrote "next time send money" and then in brackets "only joking" and his signature. Sadly it will never happen again but that day lives with me. I have quite a varied James Herbert collection and have some quite rare material. Sorry but I don't know how to attach a photo!

Country
    Country Flag

Hi to all of the James Herbert collectors, I am trying to compile a list, or several, of James Herbert items, especially the rare items, so that it can be a source of information for all of his fans. There are lots of rare items out there, and it would be great if we could all share the knowledge, and where they are located. I would probably say the majority will be in the UK, but like myself who moved to NZ, the collection came with me.
    Many thanks,
    Richard.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone may be selling Herbert Centipede Press stuff can you reach out? Open to trades too.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    If anyone may be selling Herbert Centipede Press stuff can you reach out? Open to trades too.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Sorry, not offering any of mine (I think I have them all: the RATS trilogy, '48, THE FOG, and THE DARK) up for sale, but the timing of your post was too serendipitous to pass up as I have a Centipede Herbert scheduled tomorrow on my Twitter Showbase-Book feed, so if you're curious about seeing some closeups of the sig page, artwork, etc. for a book you may be interested in tracking down, it'll be up tomorrow morning at https://twitter.com/ron_clinton?lang=en

Country
    Country Flag

Default Goblins

Many thanks all,
    Rich.
    No, but I’d be interested to see a photograph of this - never heard of it. (And nice to see another member from the Southern Lands).
    Hopefully this works for the images of the 2 Goblins,
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W-...aJ1xak8l1jNC22
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v3..._FUgo4FlkepEnt
    Rich.

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, this set of books are really nice, my Centipede Press copies of The Dark are No.8 and No. 26. A beautiful book, and it would be great if they produced the full collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Default photos

Hi Reg, I have used Google drive to add photos, which seems to work as it provides a link to the photo you have saved. Not sure how else to add one!! Won't be long before your parcel arrives hopefully.
    Richard.
    Quote Originally Posted by aherbite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I travelled down to Birmingham last week for a signing and Q&A with James Herbert. Got 3 books signed, had a nice chat with the man himself, and he happily posed for pictures with everyone whon asked. He really was a nice fella.

Will post up some pics when I get a chance.
    I was at the same book signing for Ash. I had previously tried to meet James but one of us was ill or something stopped me. James was mesmerising during his talk and I couldn't wait to meet him. While in the signing queue I was talking to a few people and said how accomodating James was and how I had written to him and he had always replied. I had also sent a lot of books to him and he always returned them signed. These people looked at me as if to say oh right, as if. While in the queue a lady came round asking if we wanted our books just signing dedicating. I asked for mine to be dedicated to me, Reg and the other for a friend in New Zealand. When I got up to James he said hello, shooks hands and looked in the book. He said Reg. I said yes James and as he went to sign he looked up and said "Reg Nagle" I said yes James and he pulled me up on the stage he was on and gave me a big hug. We meet at last he said. His smile was fabulous. He signed both books writing in mine "at last. What a pleasure. Best wishes James Herbert". I asked if he would sign a Haunted Film Pack for me and he wrote "next time send money" and then in brackets "only joking" and his signature. Sadly it will never happen again but that day lives with me. I have quite a varied James Herbert collection and have some quite rare material. Sorry but I don't know how to attach a photo!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Richard, I am in the process of compiling my list and will get it to you asap and Reg, it was a fantastic night in Birmingham. JH was a great guy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Many thanks all,
    Rich.
    Hopefully this works for the images of the 2 Goblins,
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W-...aJ1xak8l1jNC22
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v3..._FUgo4FlkepEnt
    Rich.
    Man, those are awesome! Love them.

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Spear

Hi to all of the James Herbert fans, Jerad at Centepede press is getting ready to add The Spear to his latest publications. It hopefully goes on sale next Sunday. Not sure how many will be in this run, but I am fairly sure that all previous books were sold out, and they were also beautifully produced.

Country
    Country Flag

Default James Herbert for sale........

Hi all, just checking to see if anyone is interested in buying some James Herbert items, having a bit of a clear out so thinking of selling some of my duplicate items.
    Let me know if there is anything that you need/want to add to your collections.
    I have many rare items so just ask.
    Thanks,
    Richard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6