Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible James Herbert

Traveler tcole65 is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys
    Massive JH collector here also - if anyones selling please mail me!

also checkout my blog: jamesherbertblog.wordpress.com

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received this recently. The trilogy seems to be very scarce with a signature. This one is signed in silver to the cover.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Alan

Traveler kash11 is on a distinguished road

Hey there! I see I'm very late the Herbert praising party (both on this site and with discovering his books), nevertheless I am currently reading my second Herbert book The Magic Cottage, and it is with that that I found this thread. I have a massive book collection, and with many horror authors (Dan Simmons, Richard Laymon, among many others) I tend to get in moods where I'm really into their work, and currently I've come back to James Herbert after reading and really liking The Dark a few months ago.
    So here's my modest (especially compared with others), and still growing, collection of Herbert, including three American mass market paperbacks ('48 is an "overseas" edition) and one awesome omnibus edition from Britian that I found on Amazon for a great deal. Still small, but plenty of Herbert to keep me going for a bit!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

As for what I'll read next after The Magic Cottage . . . it's a toss up between Moon and Others, maybe Fluke as well (seems like such an interesting read). And I just have to add that I love that paperback cover of Others, I mean how deliciously creepy is that cover for a horror fan, not to mention the book was bought used but is in excellent condition!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Just received this recently. The trilogy seems to be very scarce with a signature. This one is signed in silver to the cover.

Very nice. I've been after that one for quite some time.

Traveler kimchella is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a chance to see my Once "Bark" edition, which is signe[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]d. A real beauty!!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a beauty!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

40th Anniversary Edition of The Rats is out now. Glow in the dark hardcover.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's nice !
    Who is publishing it? What price?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got this:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked up some signed James Herbert books and I'm not super confident about the authenticity of the signatures. If I posted some pics are there any Herbert signature "experts" here who could perhaps tell if they look real?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I picked up some signed James Herbert books and I'm not super confident about the authenticity of the signatures. If I posted some pics are there any Herbert signature "experts" here who could perhaps tell if they look real?
    Paul, I am by no means an expert but I have many of his books signed - so I'd certainly be happy to give my opinion on them if you wish.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Alan. Very kind of you... here you go.

This is a Pan paperback reprint from 1999, with a full numberline:

This is a Pan paperback reprint from 2012, with a full numberline:

This is a Tor hardcover 1st edition published December 2012

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All 3 look 100% legitimate to me, Paul.

Congratulations!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Alan! Good to know. One day when I have my James Herbert books out of boxes and on shelves I will take pictures and post in my collection thread. Thanks again.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey no worries, Paul and yes, please post pics of your Herbert books when you get round to it. I'd love to see them.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Centipede Press is publishing The Rats trilogy. The set is $125 and will probably sell out before publication. CP books usually go for more than issue price on eBay so if I were a Herbert fan, I'd jump on this.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I got this slipcased copy of ASH by James Herbert in today. I don't really know much about the story behind this edition - other than the fact that they released an un numbered Ltd Edition upon the books release in 2012. The Ltd Edition released at that time didn't come in a slipcase and was very easy to find (it still is). This slipcased edition is the exact same as the Ltd Edition only it comes with an illustrated slipcase (same idea as the ltd edition of secret of crickley hall). They do seem a bit scarce and a seller listed 2 or 3 shrink wrapped copies on ebay last week and they went very quickly.

Any way I'm rambling, here it is:

The limitation page looks like this in both editions:

My copy is shrink wrapped as I said so I'll probably just leave it as such since it is un numbered but I did find a picture online of a copy that had been opened:

I love the late Mr Herbert's work so I'm stoked about this one.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I'm here - I don't think I've posted this one in here yet.

James Herbert Nobody True Limited to 100 copies:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Rats Trilogy - Centipede Press #186

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Which is better/ would you recommend to read first?
    The Dark or '48?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Which is better/ would you recommend to read first?
    The Dark or '48?
    Hey just saw this. Haven't been on this thread for a while! Both very different novels and both very enjoyable with The Dark having more of a supernatural feel. I'd recommend both with The Dark first.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This little bugger is surprisingly difficult to find in hardcover (especially in good condition) for a book club edition.

The Rats Trilogy:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast