Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible James Herbert

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see some other Herbert fans/collectors. Will post some bits and pieces that I have, soon.

Country
    Country Flag

Overall shots of my Herbert shelves:

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of signed 1st edition hardcovers, along with 1st editions with alternate dust jackets.

Country
    Country Flag

Reasonably rare graphic novel, and non fiction book about the locations used in his novels - lots of colour and black&white photos.
    Happy to take pics of any other items you might want a closer look at.
    Lincoln

Country
    Country Flag

Almost forgot these three, from Centipede Press:
    Lincoln.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Lincoln, impressive! I didn't realize you were such a Herbert fan. I have the Centipede RATS set, along with the three titles you show above (THE DARK, '48, and THE FOG). I also have two or three HC 1sts (or later HC reprints, not sure at the moment)...I'd have to head upstairs to check, but I believe they are THE JONAH, PORTENT, and...one other I can't recall. I've read several others that I enjoyed...FLUKE comes immediately to mind. In general, though, and with the above exceptions, I've never been a big Herbert fan.

Btw, I spied your Laws books...congrats on having the good taste to collect him! CHASM, in particular, is one of my favorites, but I'm a big fan of nearly all his work.

~ Ron (yes, that one)...welcome to this (other) board.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's nice to see all these Herbert books. That's quite a collection you have.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see James Herbert. I still remember being at Camberwell market when I was around 14 or 15, and asking a second hand bookseller there that I wanted something like Stephen King, and he hand me Herbert's "The Dark". Never looked back. Haven't collected him seriously but I was keen on the Centipede Press edition of The Dark - alas, I was too late.

Traveler kimchella is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    Almost forgot these three, from Centipede Press:
    Lincoln.

Nice to see that James Herbert books are collected around the world. And nice to see you have the 3 Centipede press books. I have been collecting James Herbert items for many years now, with a vast collection with possibly 200 First signed editions, proofs etc, but still the quest goes on.

Country
    Country Flag

Default James Herbert

Good to see the collections of other James Herbert fans. I have been collecting his works for over 20 years now, but the quest still continues.

Country
    Country Flag

Default collection

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    Overall shots of my Herbert shelves:

Nice collection, Shows we are world wide!!

Country
    Country Flag

Default collection

Hi Alan, these are a great set. I have 3 sets, 1 unnumbered, 1 Roman numeral (x111)and 1 arabic numeral (14). I am mentioned in the back of the books along with other contributors.
    Rich.
    l
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    The Rats Trilogy - Centipede Press #186

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Rich, what was your involvement with this set? That's cool...

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I did a lot of work with Jerad, who is the owner of Centipede Press, providing him with scans that were used in the trilogy and information. The roman numbered set are sent out to contributors, my set number XIII, then comes the general release of Arabic numbered 1-300, my set is 14, and then I have a set that has no numbers, sent out with the others from the publishers. I will put up a photo of some of my collection. You will see there is a picture frame above the book case. This is the original artwork from Oliver Frey depicting the Photographers nightmare. This image was used for the Fear magazine front cover for the book Creed. I have 5 copies of The City, 3 of which are double signed by James and Ian Miller, and also some original artwork from the same book.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's got to be the best Herbert collection I've ever seen. Very impressive, and I really like the Rowland proofs.

Country
    Country Flag

Whoa! Yep, best Herbert I've ever seen too... Amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone tell me some of the details / background of the signed, limited edition of Ash. The limitation number of the edition, who published it, etc. Thanks guys

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ash

Hi, Ash was published by Pan Macmillan, and they released 4 versions. These were a signed limited edition (not numbered) ISBN 978-0-230-70695-8 90400, a signed slip case edition ISBN 9780230752283-90100, a WH Smith collectors limited edition that contains the poem "Lara's Lament" ISBN 978-0-230-70695-8 90300, and the general release version ISBN 978-0-230-70695-8 90100. Also a sampler that was released prior to the official book launch which contains "tasters" from the book, and a prize through face book ISBN 978-0-230-75229-0 90200 which was also a signed slipcase.
    Hope this helps.
    here are some photos;
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...GM?usp=sharing

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First read 48 by JH and loved it secrets of crickley hall being one of my favorites... great author!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kimchella View Post
    Hi, Ash was published by Pan Macmillan, and they released 4 versions. These were a signed limited edition (not numbered) ISBN 978-0-230-70695-8 90400, a signed slip case edition ISBN 9780230752283-90100, a WH Smith collectors limited edition that contains the poem "Lara's Lament" ISBN 978-0-230-70695-8 90300, and the general release version ISBN 978-0-230-70695-8 90100. Also a sampler that was released prior to the official book launch which contains "tasters" from the book, and a prize through face book ISBN 978-0-230-75229-0 90200 which was also a signed slipcase.
    Hope this helps.
    here are some photos;
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...GM?usp=sharing
    Thanks very much, very helpful. I just purchased the signed slipcased version, can't wait for it to hit.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ghosts of Sleath

Here are some photos of some of my Ghosts of Sleath. The typescript is number 5/500 and was given to Ingrid Pitt, the horror film star and good friend of James.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...E4tMy1helRHOFU

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Rich, great Herbert collection - especially that 'Ghosts of Sleath'. Fantastic stuff!
    Lincoln.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive! Thanks for sharing both your collection and your knowledge.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Going to bump this thread with my newest acquisition. Finally found a Near Fine 1st edition of The Rats, with an association inscription. I'm wondering whether it's to Peter Straub and his wife Susan?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast