An author who i have really got into in the past few months is James Herbert and i'm so glad that i have done. His books are bloody good reads and i can't encourage people enough to give them a try!
His first novel way that was published way back in 1974 ( a few months before Mr King) and there were only 1,000 books produced. I was very lucky to find this copy because there are less than a handfull for sale on the internet and at 5 times the price that i paid for mine. its another library copy but i love it!

The second book that James Herbert had published just a year later is the infamous 'The Fog'. Its grusome deaths & sexual references gave it a name and in some places was banned. But Stephen King & especially Ramsey Campell have campaigned to have it recognised as the classic work of genius that it is. I feel very lucky to own this copy because depite being over 35 years old it is in mint condition and was signed at last years World Horror Con in Brighton.

His 3rd book came out in 1976 and was another hit. A plane chashes in a quaint english village and one man survives without a scratch to his body and with no memory as to his survival and to why the plane crashed. I mean he should do because he was the co-pilot and feel bad to have lived, buit is it just that, there is another feeling deep down that other forces are at play, darker forces. Thus off he goes in search of answers and it leads to a great read. Here is a near fine 1st edition.