Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Horrible Movies & Theater Experiences

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those stories are great, Krystle. And your mom sounds like quite the character.

And I never noticed the title was misspelled.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, we can.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, those are pretty awesome stories. And I love RHPS.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Brice (for the fix).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yeah, those are pretty awesome stories. And I love RHPS.
    Here ya go!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I think this one might take the cake for horrible movie experiences that I've had. Me and my mom went to see Crimson Peak, it was during the week so the theater wasn't overly crowded. We got there a little early and picked seats not too close to anyone else. Well right before the movie starts these 2 guys come in and of course pick our row to sit in. The first guy comes rushing in our aisle, and without giving us a sec to move our legs over so he can easily get by, just pushes right by us. At least the second guy had the decency to say excuse me. Oh of course they sit one seat down from us. So the movie starts and these two continue to have a very loud conversation throughout the whole film. They were commenting on the film as we were watching it, but seriously I don't want to hear your comments. If you're at home watching a movie with some friends thats one thing but if you're in a theater with a bunch of other people that's a different story. Well that's not the worst, halfway through the film the guy one seat away from my mom decides to lay down in his seat and the empty seat next to my mom, so his feet are literally right up next to her. And then they leave with maybe 10-15 min left to the film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Those two sound like the WORST possible people you would want in your theater for so many reasons. I've had people like that in my theaters before and there have been a few times I've come very close to saying something, but ultimately you just don't know what people are going to do, if they have a weapon, etc. Which stinks, because it tells them that it's okay to keep doing that stuff if no one speaks up.

And I hate, hate, hate it when you're in the theater (especially if you go to an earlier show to avoid this) and there's lots of space, and someone sits right next to you. I understand people wanting to sit where they want to sit, but do you need to sit right by me when there's a pretty empty theater?

I think one of the worst times I've experienced was when a guy sat a few seats down from me (again, a pretty empty theater) and decided he was going to listen to his iPod.

I've never heard up someone laying down horizontally, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, I've never seen it before either. He was like laying propped up on his side. We just have regular seats at that theater, the armrests don't go up or anything so I don't know how it was comfortable. Also do you seriously think someone wants your feet up next to them... I swear people these days just seem to be so inconsiderate and rude.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well I think this one might take the cake for horrible movie experiences that I've had. Me and my mom went to see Crimson Peak, it was during the week so the theater wasn't overly crowded. We got there a little early and picked seats not too close to anyone else. Well right before the movie starts these 2 guys come in and of course pick our row to sit in. The first guy comes rushing in our aisle, and without giving us a sec to move our legs over so he can easily get by, just pushes right by us. At least the second guy had the decency to say excuse me. Oh of course they sit one seat down from us. So the movie starts and these two continue to have a very loud conversation throughout the whole film. They were commenting on the film as we were watching it, but seriously I don't want to hear your comments. If you're at home watching a movie with some friends thats one thing but if you're in a theater with a bunch of other people that's a different story. Well that's not the worst, halfway through the film the guy one seat away from my mom decides to lay down in his seat and the empty seat next to my mom, so his feet are literally right up next to her. And then they leave with maybe 10-15 min left to the film.
    That's ridiculous on so many levels. I'm not sure what's wrong with some people.

I will say this though, I have been known to go talk to a manager if people don't stop talking. I thought that most people know movie theater etiquette, but I can't tell you how many times I have people sit close to me in an empty theater.

I'm not sure if it's in this thread or not, but I know I've mentioned it here before, but my worst experience is when I went to see Zombieland. I was in the back row, which is my preferred place to sit, and a guy comes in with his girlfriend. She pulls out her laptop and stays on it for the duration of the film. All I could see out of the corner of my eye was a huge glowing screen.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Wow that's bad. Why even go to the movies if you're going to spend the whole time on the computer. I'm surprised the guy put up with that

And I do believe there is such a thing as movie etiquette. They have all these adds now prior to the start of the movie about silencing your phones, and that newer one where everyone is on their phone except for that one couple that can resist it. Yet people still don't get it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow that's bad. Why even go to the movies if you're going to spend the whole time on the computer. I'm surprised the guy put up with that

And I do believe there is such a thing as movie etiquette. They have all these adds now prior to the start of the movie about silencing your phones, and that newer one where everyone is on their phone except for that one couple that can resist it. Yet people still don't get it.
    He was so into the movie that he didn't seem to notice. I was also enjoying myself, or else I would have gotten somebody to put an end to it.

As for movie etiquette, my sister and I have come up with a whole list of stuff. The main one is removing all plastic wrapping from boxes of candy before the movie starts. There's nothing worse than listening to somebody struggle with the plastic wrap for 5 minutes during the film.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you all feel the same about movie theater etiquette, because no one else seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I was in the back row, which is my preferred place to sit, and a guy comes in with his girlfriend. She pulls out her laptop and stays on it for the duration of the film. All I could see out of the corner of my eye was a huge glowing screen.
    A laptop? That's ridiculous. I think I would've had to step out and say something to a manager. I mean, a phone is one thing, but a laptop?

And I'm suprised you like sitting in the back row. Any particular reason? I think that'd be too far away for me, especially for stadium seating. I like sitting about halfway up, and in the center of the row.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the only necessary cinema etiquette

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....ovie_etiquette
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm glad you all feel the same about movie theater etiquette, because no one else seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I was in the back row, which is my preferred place to sit, and a guy comes in with his girlfriend. She pulls out her laptop and stays on it for the duration of the film. All I could see out of the corner of my eye was a huge glowing screen.
    A laptop? That's ridiculous. I think I would've had to step out and say something to a manager. I mean, a phone is one thing, but a laptop?

And I'm suprised you like sitting in the back row. Any particular reason? I think that'd be too far away for me, especially for stadium seating. I like sitting about halfway up, and in the center of the row.
    A few reasons. I like being eye level with the screen. I also don't like to have anybody sitting in back of me. This is especially the case when the theater is full. I'm also tall and I like to stretch my legs, so I prefer to sit where the stairs are. I suppose with the new recliners taking over I won't have to worry about the last part.

I was just reminded of another recent annoying theater experience I had. Well about a month or so ago we went to go see Rebel Without a Cause in the theater. We got there a bit early and the theater was completely empty. We go and pick center seats in the last row. Well shortly later, this older couple come walking in. The woman walks right up to the row in front of us, and then halfway down and sits down right in the seat in front of us. And since we had been alone Matt had his feet up on the seat, and that's the seat she sits down in. So her husband loudly comments "Are you kidding me" to her, and she just looks at him all confused. He then proceeds to sit down right in front of me. And keep in mind that the entire theater is empty aside from us

Country
    Country Flag

That is one of my pet peeves and it happens all the time! I always get there early enough to get the seat I want, and then someone (or some family of 14) comes in (sometimes late) and sits right in front of me. Why should I have to move (or be uncomfortable) for the people coming in late? I had my foot on the seat in front of me and had to move it because someone just decided to sit right in front of me. I wasn't going to, but they didn't even act like they were going somewhere else.

It also happens when the theater is nearly empty. It's like people don't understand the meaning of a buffer zone or personal space.

My theater is upgrading the seating to leather recliners and when I went to try out the first one they converted, there's so much floor space between your seat and the row in front of you that you don't need to worry about anyone invading your space or hitting your knees. It was so nice. I hope the other theaters end up being like that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was in a fairly crowded theater when I saw UNBROKEN, and the idiot behind and two seats to the left of me took off his shoe and put his foot in between the seats so his stockinged foot was resting on the armrest a seat away from me. I could SMELL his stinky foot. I would have said something but I didn't want to disturb all the rational people in the auditorium.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

That's crazy. Did you see my post a few up about the guy lounging in the seats with his feet up next to my mom. Do people seriously think someone wants a strangers feet in their face???

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    That is one of my pet peeves and it happens all the time! I always get there early enough to get the seat I want, and then someone (or some family of 14) comes in (sometimes late) and sits right in front of me. Why should I have to move (or be uncomfortable) for the people coming in late? I had my foot on the seat in front of me and had to move it because someone just decided to sit right in front of me. I wasn't going to, but they didn't even act like they were going somewhere else.

It also happens when the theater is nearly empty. It's like people don't understand the meaning of a buffer zone or personal space.

My theater is upgrading the seating to leather recliners and when I went to try out the first one they converted, there's so much floor space between your seat and the row in front of you that you don't need to worry about anyone invading your space or hitting your knees. It was so nice. I hope the other theaters end up being like that.
    I can understand it if there's a full theater, but when there's 2 people in the theater, why on earth would you go take the two seats directly in front of them when you have a whole theater full of seats to choose from? It's so odd.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's crazy. Did you see my post a few up about the guy lounging in the seats with his feet up next to my mom. Do people seriously think someone wants a strangers feet in their face???
    Yes, that's what reminded me of the UNBROKEN incident. I recently walked out of SLEEPLESS because of people's actions in the theater, but that's another story.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Do tell....

When I bought the ticket I asked if it was crowded and was told one ticket had been sold. When I went in one guy was sitting all the way in the back in the center (MY SEAT!), so I sat in the front row center.

At the end of the last trailer, during which I had my eyes closed (I never watch the trailers, they give too much away), I felt my entire row jiggle. My eyes popped open and there was a heavyset woman sitting two seats to my right with a big tub of popcorn and who knows what else? There are now 3 people in the auditorium. I immediately get up, saying "Are you kidding me?" loudly under my breath, and move to the center row, all the way to the left.

The movie starts, her cell phone lights up, I am groaning, it goes off. At least 5 or 6 people come in, and sit in the row behind me and almost up to my seat, sitting down and kicking the seat backs repeatedly. I groan some more, but resolutely decide to watch the movie, which I am now thoroughly distracted from.

I now lose count of how many people are there because a few more stragglers come in, using their cell phones for flashlights. I endure the movie for almost an hour, now losing count of how many times people leave their seats to go out of the theater before coming back in a few minutes later.

Seat kicking now resumes, I have no idea what is going on in the movie and I get up and leave and go home.

A side note - When I saw GET OUT, which I nevertheless enjoyed very much, I counted five or six cell phones going on and off during the entire movie. I had to change my seat twice. I informed the usher afterwards and now the Emagine Theater chain has a contest for the best video produced asking people to please shut off their phones during the movie.

Oh man that does sound annoying. I don't know why people are so inconsiderate. If there's a lot of nonsense going on in the theater or people talking or making noise nearby me I get so annoyed and distracted, that I too stop paying attention to the movie. I think I mentioned this in my review of the film, but when I went to see Split, there were these two 10yr oldish girls behind us, and they were giggling throughout the whole movie. Literally at everything, even tense moments. So needless to say it wasn't tense at all, and throughout the whole film I felt myself fixating more on them than the film. I wish I could just block that stuff out but it's hard too.

Country
    Country Flag

I understand sometimes being late for a movie, but when you get the people who walk in with the their whole family, holding tubs of popcorn and looking up at the seats with their cell phone flashlights as though it's some foreign, mystical land, it makes me wish that entering the theater wasn't allowed after the posted showtime, whether you bought a ticket or not.

And I sometimes wonder if I'm maybe too intolerant when it comes to people's noises and annoying behavior in the theater, but both of your posts make me feel better!

Stuff like that really takes me out of the movie, and I can't remember how many years it's been since I've actually seen an usher monitoring the theater. It's almost like they don't care anymore...or have just given up trying to keep people in check.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I tend to have good theatre experiences because I tend to only see the earliest showings and usually wait a few weeks after release to see a movie. Screw those big crowds, ESPECIALLY for horrors or thrillers.

You know what really grinds my gears? when a scene is supposed to be full of tension, and something happens, like a jump scare or a loud noise or something which catches you off guard, and you hear 200 people screaming, and then laughing or talking about how the movie scared them for the next fifteen seconds. This happened numerous times when I saw Get Out. Those people need to get out of the theatre.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast