Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Horrible Movies & Theater Experiences

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Horrible Movies & Theater Experiences

I just read an article on EW.com about this and thought it would be an interesting thread idea. Pretty much what the title says: have you ever walked out of a movie because it was that bad? Asked for a refund? What about your theater experiences? Crying babies? Texting during the whole movie?

I'm sure we all have some interesting stories.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

I went to see a midnight showing of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" once. There were loud people in costumes that brought props, sang through the entire show, and refused to stay in their seats for more than 2 minutes at a time. At one point, about a dozen people on each aisle ran up to the screen and pretended to spin the screen. I was appalled by everyone's behavior that night...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never walked out of a movie. I really only go see movies I know I'm going to like, so I never have to worry about being surprised if a movie is bad.

I had an experience a while back where a woman was on her laptop the whole movie. She was about 8 seats down from me and the glow from the monitor was so annoying. She was with what I assume was her boyfriend. The movie was Zombieland and it really didn't ruin the movie for me. I still really enjoyed it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iowabob View Post
    I went to see a midnight showing of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" once. There were loud people in costumes that brought props, sang through the entire show, and refused to stay in their seats for more than 2 minutes at a time. At one point, about a dozen people on each aisle ran up to the screen and pretended to spin the screen. I was appalled by everyone's behavior that night...
    LOL I went to 150 showings of TRHPS in Manhattan and wouldn't you know it. Just about the same thing happened to me every time!!! Sometimes they even threw chopmeat at the screen!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

wow they let her in with a laptop...that would have been a big NO NO here in Tx. They would believe she was pirating the movie and told her to take the laptop at home and not come back with it.

here is what some theaters in Austin do
    http://youtu.be/1L3eeC2lJZs
    http://youtu.be/159aC5YSio4

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    LOL I went to 150 showings of TRHPS in Manhattan and wouldn't you know it. Just about the same thing happened to me every time!!! Sometimes they even threw chopmeat at the screen!!!! LOL
    :::mumblegrumble::: I'll bet you were at the showing I went to. That would explain a lot of things...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I had an experience a while back where a woman was on her laptop the whole movie. She was about 8 seats down from me and the glow from the monitor was so annoying. She was with what I assume was her boyfriend. The movie was Zombieland and it really didn't ruin the movie for me. I still really enjoyed it.
    I wish I could be that laid back at movies. Just the other day when I went to go see Super 8 there was a group of teenagers a few rows behind us. They were chatting the whole time and running up and down the stairs. It drove me nuts and I felt myself dwelling on how irritated I was getting as opposed to fully focusing on the movie. I still really enjoyed it, but for me other people's behavior always takes away from my experience at the theater. My boyfriend on the other hand was so engrossed in the film that he never heard them talking except when I pointed it out and never even noticed them running in and out of the theater
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm like that too. It just totally brings me out of the movie.

Here's one I told you, Heather.

I’ve had a bunch of distractions when I’ve gone to see movies before, but I’ve only had one experience that I would qualify as bad. I’ve never asked for a refund in all the years I’ve been going to movies, but this a time where I did. It was that bad.

It was back in April and I went to go see Insidious and Scream 4. I know that horror movies tend to attract the younger crowd and generally rowdy people. I thought I was safe going to the 2:50pm showing of Insidious. That worked out really well. I like to sit in the center of the theater, and made sure I had enough room so I wouldn’t have anyone around to distract me. About 5 minutes before the movie started, some guy plopped himself in the seat RIGHT next to me, when clearly the entire row that was free. Plus, it smelled like he bathed in cologne. So I moved over and I thought I was safe. Then a little ways into the movie, he turns on his iPod! I thought, are you kidding me?! You're going to pay $8-10 for a movie to NOT watch it? I wouldn't have cared except for that I could his gangster music playing during the (what was supposed to be) suspenseful parts of the movie. Thankfully he turned it off once he woke up from his little nap. And then, of course, there were the people that had to provide commentary during the movie everytime something popped up or was intended to be scary. Like, "Oh HELL no!" or "Day-yum". I mean, I understand that there are limitations to what theaters can do to control the audience, but at least have someone come in periodically and check for distractions.

So the Scream showing I went to was 6:15pm and I was expecting the worst, but it was generally okay. Then I look to the left of me and see a 3 YEAR OLD child a couple seats over from me. I was shocked, for 2 reasons. One, what parent brings their child into an R-rated movie? Especially one that’s as graphic. I mean, you know what you’re in for when the title has “scream” in it. And the second reason, AMC has a no children under 6 after 6 rule, which was obviously uninforced. Bringing a 3 yr. old to Scream? That's not cool. I turned to the lady next to me and said something along the lines of, "can you believe this?" and she agreed with me. Never saw the parents of the child, but there she was. Looked like she was being watched by her 7 year old brother.

I was going to talk to a manager about my experience before I left, but forgot, so the next day I called them and asked for the manger. For me to go through that effort and complain about something, I've got to be pretty irritated. I told him pretty much everything I’m typing here, and he totally understood where I was coming from. We talked for almost 15 minutes and he said the next time I'm there, bring my ticket stubs and he'll "make it right". I went in a couple days later and was given 2 free tickets for any movie. I wasn't looking for anything in return, just wanting to make sure someone in charge knows what's going on so it can hopefully be avoided the next time (though the tickets didn’t hurt either).

It was a pretty interesting night.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ricky

I really get irritated when people bring their babies or small children into films. I can understand if it's a family oriented film, but I can't even begin to tell you the number of times I've got to see a late horror film and people will bring in their sleeping babies. Only to wake up and start crying during the film. Or the young kids (I'm talking young, like 2-5) who end up running around the theater. There was one woman once who literally let her kid run all over the place, and it was only when he went to run out of the theater that she would get up to go get him. Oh and then there was the time when we left one horror film (can't remember now what it was) only to see a guy who had brought his two young kids in there to watch that one, sneak into another horror film after that was playing in the theater next door!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe the things some people will do. Bringing a child (and a sleeping child at that!) seems like a selfish thing to do. I mean, as a parent, you've got to know that a baby is bound to make noise in that setting. And a horror movie? Come on!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

First, Rocky Horror Picture Show is supposed to have a crazy audience, my mom took me to it in Frisco and the audience was the point of the show the first couple years it was out. Hence the cult movie status it had, even started in Frisco ( I say Frisco because it grated her nerves to here San Francisco said in that way). I had to see it years later to actually "see" it because the audience was the real show and made it so fun.

Second (god please don't hit me with lighting), worst movie ever was Jack in "About Schmidt". I loved him before and after "The Shining" and could even stomach Kathy Bates nude... but what the hell?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    First, Rocky Horror Picture Show is supposed to have a crazy audience...
    LOL, I know that. Merlin and I were just having a little fun.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, that is why I should quit posting while drinking, hehe.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Last week I went to the movies. I stepped in something wet and sticky and went "awww". Then a fellow behind me (he kinda looked like Dane Cook) said "Dude, I just came". It was a terrible theater experience.

Sorry all, I don't think there's that many DC fans gere but this thread name made me think of that part of his stand-up right away.

That's all I got.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    First, Rocky Horror Picture Show is supposed to have a crazy audience...
    LOL, I know that. Merlin and I were just having a little fun.
    You were a "Virgin"? LOL LOL (No disrespect, but if you were a RHPS fan you'd understand)!!!!

Let There be Lips!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Spiderman 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 2/3 in theatres....talk about your bad theatre experiences.

When I saw Silent Hill, a horror movie rated R, there was a STROLLER in the aisle. A STROLLER. Some one year old kid seeing Silent Hill. That kid was crying and probably got traumatized from the things in that movie. IF YOU CAN'T GET A BABYSITTER...STAY HOME BITCHES. Some people just don't get it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

went to see Rio yesterday afternoon with the kids at the dollar theater to stay out of the heat. Didn't know the movie theater we were in was going to be so packed so had to sit way close to the screen. about 20 minutes into the movie apparently a group of siblings got into a fight. (was about 2 or 3 kids all under the age of 5) they threw their popcorn all over the theater and the parents were oblivious to the kids fight. they finally got the kids separated and left the theater. I will never go to a kids movie on a Sunday ever again. would rather do that during the week.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Are you being sarcastic? That's why people go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show!

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I worked at a movie theater for almost stories for almost 2 years and I can tell you stories.

One guy snuck a large pizza and a 6 pack in. still not sure how he did it.

A couple decided to have .....relations during a Disney movie.

An 8 year old tried to sneak into Knocked Up.

Some dumbass actually lit up a joint during Hostel 2.

And there are more....trust me
    If you love me then love me..

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Should've told dumbass that's what the parking lot is for LOL As far as kids go this one mom took her five or six year old with her for The Devils' Rejects. Seriously? I was thirty years old and I wasn't sure sure I was old enough for that movie. The only time I ever walked out was when I went to see The Dark Half at the dollar theatre in college. It was full of loud obnoxious people that didn't talk during the movie - they shouted. I put up with it for about twenty minute and booked.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

didn't know where to put it, it is about a movie theater experience, but not horrible

was watching The Sixth Sense, don't know how many years ago; normally try to avoid going to a theater: price, teenagers, popcorn, children, no smoking, squeaking chairs, coughing neighbors, rustling paper wraps etc - and all my expectations came true, especially the teenagers who kept guffawing at all the wrong places, which is something they would do, no matter how good the film.

When the final twist manifested itself, there suddenly was dead silence. I don't remember ever experiencing anything like this before. As if everyone suddenly was dead. No coughs, no whispers, no laughs, no chairs or paper, nothing.

The movie ended in this absolute, cosmis silence. Then people got up - without talking. Then everyone proceeded towards the exit. In silence. As soon as I was out, I stopped, lit a cigarette and stayed there for some time, watching people. I don't know how long they remainded in this condition, but while they were within earshot, nobody uttered a word - or any other sound.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

So everyone that has been to the movies in the last year has had nothing but GREAT experiences, right?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

My first date after a 4.5 year relationship was with a friend from high school. He knew I love horror movies, so he planned to take me to see Wolf Creek. The terrible movie was not the reason our date didn't go well, but it certainly didn't help. When the guys in front of us started yelling at the screen, I couldn't help but join them... and my friend was not amused. lol

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So everyone that has been to the movies in the last year has had nothing but GREAT experiences, right?
    Yes, Ricky ...every movie I've been to was enjoyable. I've been to one.

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    My first date after a 4.5 year relationship was with a friend from high school. He knew I love horror movies, so he planned to take me to see Wolf Creek. The terrible movie was not the reason our date didn't go well, but it certainly didn't help. When the guys in front of us started yelling at the screen, I couldn't help but join them... and my friend was not amused. lol

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I worked at an old movie theatre when I was younger. It wasn't very popular, so I obtained a copy of RHPS to try to boost interest. It went well for awhile. Toast and all. lol I left and went to college and missed three weekends. Only three. In that time, they got a few new members of the cast, so when I returned these newbies thought *I* was a virgin. The theatre owner set them straight quickly, letting the newbies know Rocky wouldn't be there without me. After that, they gave me so much attitude each time I went to a show, I stopped going. Bitches.

My mother and I rarely spent any time together without my father, since my mom and I rarely did the driving. He dropped us off to see Joy Ride one night. The people in the theatre (teenagers, some older than I was at the time) were so rude and loud and obnoxious we considered leaving. My mom knew the man who owned that theatre too, so I said we could probably get tickets to see it another time. She stood up and I was ready to leave with her, when she yelled, "Shut the fuck up! One more word out of your mouths and I will shut it for you!" There was applause and then silence for the rest of the movie. It was awesome.

When we went to see The Woman In Black recently, the crowd was a bit annoying before the movie even started. We were a pretty big group (me, my husband, my brother, bis girlfriend, my mother, my father, my aunt, my uncle, and my two cousins) and had taken seats in the back two rows of the theatre along the aisle, since there were people in the rows near the walls. The people between us outnumbered us and were on their cell phones during the previews. My dad, my brother, my uncle, and my cousin are pretty intimidating guys. Finally, my brother politely asked the dumb asses to put away their phones. They had the balls to ask, "Or what?" And my dad said, "Or my wife will put them away for you." My mom is a tiny lady, but as you now know she means business. These jerks laughed. My mom stood up, said, "I'm sorry you have to see this." to my husband and my brother's girlfriend... and then put her face right in the one guy's face and said, "I will give you five seconds to put that phone away. I work in a hospital and you wouldn't believe the sort of things doctors can find up your ass." They moved their seats and we didn't see them use their cellphones for the rest of the movie.

My favorite "terrible" theatre experience is one I observed as an employee. (I too know all about the people bringing in pizzas and hot wings - we even had a guy have food delivered to the theatre!) We started doing special midnight showings of older movies that we called "4D" . The fog using a fog machine and actors to scare the audience, plants in the audience to scream on cue, etc. Since the showings were invitation only (and local cops were invited) a lot of guests brought alcohol with them. During a showing of the Exorcist, we had a local priest in the audience. He was not at all part of our 4D experience. In the middle of the movie, he stood up and threw a bucket of water on the people in front of him, screaming "The Power Of Christ Compels You!" before running out of the theatre. We never found out if it was suppose to be a joke or not.

BTW... can we fix the title of this thread?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast