Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Horrible Movies & Theater Experiences

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

NOTHING WRONG HERE!

The last movie I saw in a theater was May 14 2015 & only because I was out of state & it was a preview screening the day before it opened on Friday the 15th & the newspaper in town only ran movie ads on Fridays so myself & 3 other people were the only ones to see the 7:30 screening. There was also a 10:00 screening & I assume there was NOBODY there.
    AND JUST WHAT WAS THIS MOVIE?
    Spoiler:

and now I can just screen it at home.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. That carpet could use some updating. Is that circa 1966? :p
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's crazy. Did you see my post a few up about the guy lounging in the seats with his feet up next to my mom. Do people seriously think someone wants a strangers feet in their face???

Spoiler:

Now can you name the movie?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is one for you. Years ago, me and 3 friends went to see Matrix Revolutions. The theater was fairly busy too. A group of guys sat behind all of us. There was probably 5/6 of them. Not sure how it started but they were tapping the back of my seat... over and over again. I thought perhaps her was shaking his foot and not realizing that he was actually hitting my seat. I took it for maybe the opening scene of the movie and then turned around and looked at him... once, twice and on the third time I very nicely asked if he could watch his foot as it was banging my seat and was very distracting. His response? He laughed at me. No shit.... I turned back around. Blood boiling. At the time I was still fighting professionally in the ring and wasn't afraid of much but I was very reserved about getting into fights outside the ring cause I don't want a record or anything. He starts again... and this time he is banging the seat and on purpose. I turn right around and tell him "dude I am telling you to stop.. I asked nicely and your doing it on purpose now". He laughs again looks at his buddy to the right and left of him and points at me. I sit back down, look at my buddy as I was on the end of our group and say I think I am gonna leave and get my money back and come again sometime. And now, as I am doing this the guy behind me is now talking loudly and every couple of seconds he literally kicks my seat. My buddy looks back at him and he kicks his seat while he is looking. Brad (my friends name) stands up turns around and hauls off and punches this guy right in the mouth. Well.... you wanna see the fight drain out of someone so fast. He basically looks like he is ready to cry and Brad tells them to leave and then let there be light! The lights come on. The movie pauses and staff is right there coming in the theater. The guys behind us were removed, even though Brad struck one of them. We finished the movie and that was that. I never put my feet up. I never talk. I turn my phone off. I eat my popcorn and open bags of candy quietly... and I never bump anyones seat. It's rude and drives me so I know it does the same to others.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I went to see Split a little while back, it had been out for a long time and I thought I'd be pretty much by myself, but no. The theater was small but full and a family came in with three small children, ages from around 4 to maybe 10. I have no idea why someone would do this, and all through the movie they were giggling, being on their phones, and making noise with their candy wrappers.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I guess I'm not alone with these jerks who go to see a movie and then spend more time looking at their cell phones instead. I've wanted to punch lots of people but I never have, and never will, I hope.

When I saw Elvis & Nixon, there were maybe a dozen people in the auditorium, with one woman dead center front row who repeated, loudly, every punch line and then laughed like a hyena. After the movie she stood up and faced the seats, saying. "I'm sorry!" I was shaking so much I didn't even look at her. The weird thing is, I still enjoyed the movie.

When I went to see The Great Wall a man behind me was reading all the English subtitles out loud for his son's benefit. I guess the kid couldn't read. He was trying to be quiet but I heard just about everything he said. It was annoying but the movie was in IMAX so the loudness helped. And again, I really enjoyed the movie anyway.

When I went to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs in IMAX 3D some years ago I was the ONLY ONE in the auditorium. So sometimes life is good. Too bad I didn't much care for the movie. I've been the sole patron a number of times, which is the way I prefer it.
    Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan; 03-17-2017 at 08:28 AM. Reason: fix spelling error
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeez, reading through these stories I'm reminded why I quit going to movies. People are so obnoxious!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My only really bad experience was a long time ago when I went to see Saving Private Ryan. We had must gotten through the brutal opening sequence, when the fire alarms went off. We had to exit the building, up three flights of stairs mind you. After a half hour, we were allowed back in but were told that they would have to restart the movie for some reason I was not clear about. I found watching the opening the first time around emotionally exhausting, so I took my free ticket instead and went home. I just didn't want to sit through that opening again. I eventually did see the whole movie when it was released for home consumption. Love it, but I was glad I left.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm 6'9". A kid sits in front of me and starts to lean back in the seat. He's getting "launched" or punched!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    My only really bad experience was a long time ago when I went to see Saving Private Ryan. We had must gotten through the brutal opening sequence, when the fire alarms went off. We had to exit the building, up three flights of stairs mind you. After a half hour, we were allowed back in but were told that they would have to restart the movie for some reason I was not clear about. I found watching the opening the first time around emotionally exhausting, so I took my free ticket instead and went home. I just didn't want to sit through that opening again. I eventually did see the whole movie when it was released for home consumption. Love it, but I was glad I left.

You had to exit the building by going UP three flights of stairs? I would think in that case you should have been watching....
    Spoiler:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

My theater is upgrading the seating to leather recliners and when I went to try out the first one they converted, there's so much floor space between your seat and the row in front of you that you don't need to worry about anyone invading your space or hitting your knees. It was so nice. I hope the other theaters end up being like that.
    One of the best parts about the new recliners is not having to worry about people putting their feet on the back of your seat. There's also plenty of room so when somebody needs to go to the bathroom, you don't have to stand or scrunch up to let them through.

My mom and my sister went to see Manchester by the Sea a few weeks back and a woman proceeded to knit throughout the entire film. They said you could hear the needles clinking against each other the whole time.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

My mom and my sister went to see Manchester by the Sea a few weeks back and a woman proceeded to knit throughout the entire film. They said you could hear the needles clinking against each other the whole time.
    STAY HOME

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

STAY HOME
    Exactly! You go to the movies to watch a movie. If you want to knit, stay home. I probably would have stabbed her with those needles if I were there.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If it was during The Happening maybe she'd get inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

STAY HOME
    Exactly! You go to the movies to watch a movie. If you want to knit, stay home. I probably would have stabbed her with those needles if I were there.

Spoiler:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Staff; This video belongs in the dt Movie thread, but damened if I could find it. Anyway, this video is both funny and sadly on point regarding the film. Worth a view for sure.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if it's already that thread. That video is 3 years old.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3