Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch. That is really crappy news. Is there any recourse for you to get your money back?

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I will probably not have as many toys and statues to take pictures of any more, since my comic book store went out of business and absconded with almost $500 of my hard earned money....sigh, I 'll never learn.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Ouch. That is really crappy news. Is there any recourse for you to get your money back?

I will probably not have as many toys and statues to take pictures of any more, since my comic book store went out of business and absconded with almost $500 of my hard earned money....sigh, I 'll never learn.
    I was thinking of journeying to Tibet and taking a 7 year training course with the monks and then make a costume up like a bats and finding the guy and then demanding my money back, but I just don't have the time.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is one way...I think what I meant is can you contract the authorites and file some sort of theft report for your money?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

I was thinking of journeying to Tibet and taking a 7 year training course with the monks and then make a costume up like a bats and finding the guy and then demanding my money back, but I just don't have the time.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

No, the guy is broke and owes many people money. I'll just have to wait and hope some day he pays me back, but I doubt that will happen.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry you lost money with that guy.

Fed Ex has been trying to deliver my CAT'S CRADLE for a week but I'm never home.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

I just signed the FedEx form and left it stuck to the door; they delivered the book while I was at work.

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had this happen with a company online. If you used your debit/credit card you might be able to contact your bank. That's what I did and filed it with them as a fraudulent charge. It had been more than the 90 days they usually allot, but I sent all the info in along with copies of my correspondence and visa refunded my money even though the company had filed bankruptcy. Just a thought.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just signed the FedEx form and left it stuck to the door; they delivered the book while I was at work.
    Apparently the forms were blowing away before I got home from work, but eventually we sorted it out. I received copy #455. I am very pleased with the production. It feels like Easton Press has decided to step up its game with these slipcased editions of certain books.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan J View Post
    I had this happen with a company online. If you used your debit/credit card you might be able to contact your bank. That's what I did and filed it with them as a fraudulent charge. It had been more than the 90 days they usually allot, but I sent all the info in along with copies of my correspondence and visa refunded my money even though the company had filed bankruptcy. Just a thought.

I was actually thinking about the same thing.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Nope, paid either cash or checks, I hope I learned my lesson!

LETTERS, UK paperback edition:

More Vonnegut:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff!

Traveler 1eyed_jack is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, I am brand new here and found this site because of this thread!

I am in the market for one of the Easton signed Vonnegut books from the masterpieces of science fiction set.

I really don't know anything about those sets though and thought perhaps someone here could provide some insight!

First off, does anyone know how much they cost originally?

I have one I might buy from a guy, but I noticed the signature is in black ink, and there's one on ebay in blue ink. Is there any way one of the signatures is fake, or did he just use different pens?

Also, do you guys think $170 is a fair price for Sirens of Titan?

Thanks in advance!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, 1eyed_jack! Always happy to meet another Vonnegut fans and collector.

I am not current on recent sales, but personally I would pay that price if I wanted that book. (I've got one already.)

Thanks for the response! I've been reading Vonnegut for awhile and have absolutely loved pretty much everything I read by him. Definitely my favorite author and I was just thinking the other day about how I'd love a signed book by him so I was checking out ebay. I'm on the fence between Sirens of Titan and Godbless You Mr. Rosewater, but I think Sirens is probably my favorite!

The price doesn't seem to be too bad considering he unfortunately isn't around to sign any more. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy, I'm hoping he's in!

My SIRENS OF TITAN Easton Press edition has a black signature. It cost $35 plus $3.45 for shipping, which I paid on October 7, 1992. Hope that helps.

My SIRENS OF TITAN Easton Press edition has a black signature. It cost $35 plus $3.45 for shipping, which I paid on October 7, 1992. Hope that helps.

Damn, had no idea that's how old they are and that's what they cost!

If you want to make some profit, I'd be willing to offer you $45 shipped for yours!

I still haven't heard from the guy yet if he'd be willing to sell his. I'm on a bit of a budget, but I feel like these will probably get harder and harder to find as people who want to collect them grab them up.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine has a blue signature. I don't remember what it cost - but it was one of the monthly Masterpieces of SF books.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Mine has a blue signature. I don't remember what it cost - but it was one of the monthly Masterpieces of SF books.

Awesome! How do you like it?

The person I'm talking to told me the lowest he could go is $150. I'm on the fence, though admittedly leaning towards a yes ha.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I like it. I just wish I'd have kept records back then.

Traveler frekljr will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I am a new guy to this site and to collecting contemporary authors as well. Started off collecting old self help books "1850-1930s". Just recently decided to start adding signed books from all my favorite authors to my collection. Was looking for a original signed Slaughter House Five but realized that was way outside my price range. Really wanted to have something touched by the author though. How do you feel about his artwork? Found one of his birdcage prints for sale and I am really digging it.

Personally I think some of his artwork is very good, and some is quite bad. Very hit or miss.

That being said, in my opinion the birdcage image is iconic Vonnegut and I would love to have gotten one, but they seem quite expensive for what the print is.

If you find one at a good price I say go for it, as long as you post pictures here!

There is a new Vonnegut book out:

Added another proof to the old Vonnegut collection, and so it goes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast