Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's a nice picture. I've still got a few of the Easton Presses to go. I order one at a time, and as soon as it's paid off I order another.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    That's a nice picture. I've still got a few of the Easton Presses to go. I order one at a time, and as soon as it's paid off I order another.
    Thanks, there are probably half a dozen more that I'd like to get, too. But they're all secondary market. I'm in no rush though, I can't afford to be.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yet another Easton Press added to my bookshelves. This one is about a man named Rosewater who sneezes a lot:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice.

New Vonnegut interview book:

Just got this signed edition of GALAPAGOS from The Easton Press; not to be confused with the earlier Signed First Edition from The Easton Press:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait, what? There are two different Easton Press signed editions of this book? Is the cover and/or spine different on the Signed First Edition you reference?

Yes, and this is not the only Vonnegut book there are two versions of. SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5 also has at least two signed editions. I bought the other SLAUGHTERHOUSE but haven't picked it up yet.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info and photos. I've got the later signed edition. Perhaps I'll pick up a signed First someday... now that I know it exists!

A CHECKLIST - KURT VONNEGUT, JR. compiled by Betty Lenhardt Hudgens, 1972, a Bruccoli-Clark book:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. What can you tell us about that one?

I paid $20 for it, it covers the novels up to HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WANDA JUNE with all known editions and printings, has an introduction by Vance Bourjaily, a picture of Vonnegut, also covers other works; stories, poetry, interviews, introductions, etc., and was published by Gale Research Company, Book Tower, Detroit, 1972.

That's all I know. Hopefully there was no dust jacket.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. It sounds complete, and therefore interesting and useful (up to the point of publication, of course). Congrats, thanks for sharing.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

The robot’s name is Robby.. He is a famous actor from the late 50s, early 60s..

Ok, actually that is Robbie's brother Bobbie the robot.
    Now that that's cleared up here is the Easton Press signed BLUEBEARD, which I just received today:

Kurt Vonnegut, A Comprehensive Bibliography, 1987. I forgot I had this one:

Another story that did not have the copyright renewed and published by Wildside Press. As you can see, it's smaller than Godzilla but bigger than Robocop's cruiser.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting! Never heard of it.

I think it's a print on demand book. It states published in 2009, but on the last page it says it was printed March 12, 2012. So only the first lot could be considered '1st printings' if you look at it that way. I never heard of it either but just saw it on Amazon while looking through their Vonnegut offerings.

EDIT - It's also not too bad of a story.

I finally managed to get the Easton Press A MAN WITHOUT A COUNTRY. 3 or 4 Easton's to go (or something like that):

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Original script?!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Original script?!
    YES

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!

Just released:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast