Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

John F. Kennedy daveblog is on a distinguished road

Default The Collectible Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Hi

For those of you that collect Kurt Vonnegut, Easton Press is releasing a new deluxe signed limited edition of Slaughterhouse five. It looks to be a nice edition with a slipcase. here is a link to the page from the recent catalog.

http://v.eastonpresscatalog.com/0033.asp#catalog

I ordered one and am looking forward to adding it to my Vonnegut collection.

Here is a link to my copy of Deadeye Dick that I was able to get signed when he was a guest on The Daily Show

I will add more of my Vonnegut collection in the coming weeks. Anyone else collect him?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I ordered the SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE too. Been collecting Vonnegut for a long time. That's a very nice Vonnegut signature, it must have been a thrill to get that!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I ordered the SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE too. Been collecting Vonnegut for a long time. That's a very nice Vonnegut signature, it must have been a thrill to get that!
    It's an awesome looking book. I will give you both a preemptive "congrats" on ordering this.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just broke some posts out of the "Other Authors" thread to form the genesis of this new Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. collecting thread. Seems like he deserves one of his own.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I just broke some posts out of the "Other Authors" thread to form the genesis of this new Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. collecting thread. Seems like he deserves one of his own.
    This particular thread has really taken off, hasn't it?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ok, here's a picture to get things rolling (I hope).
    A bunch of PLAYER PIANOs, the only one of note the 1st one which is the US first printing.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My collection is very small, lost some in my move to Indy and SK collecting doesn't help Kurt's cause. He is one of my top 5 authors with Cat's Cradle being my favorite. Was trying to post a pic but no luck.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hate photobucket and such

Nice. I see some King books in the background. You can post a link to Photobucket right in your text and it shows up here, but alas not full size. I use Photobucket and that's what I do (once I figured it out, took me a while).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think you need to put in the [img] and [/img] when using Photobucket--just hover your cursor over the image while in Photobucket and pick the last choice in the drop down menu there. That will put those in the link.

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That was my first attempt at photobucket. I need to get better because I plan on posting my SK collection this weekend after I get my Night Shift case. Those SK's you see are my reader copies and my pop-up
    The three hardbacks are 1st/1st.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A quick note to ur2ndbiggestfan...please adopt me. That way should you pass away, I can get your book collection. I am semi house trained

I just post my pictures on Photobucket(of blood, nyahaha!) and then right click the photo for the properties menu, copy the link and paste it into the photolink here. Works like a charm.

If my plans to adopt Angelina Jolie fall through, I'l let you know.

One of my favorite Vonnegut books:
    NOTHING IS LOST SAVE HONOR
    #12 of 40 S/N copies printed on Japanese Etching & quarterbound in cloth over boards with leather spine and corners
    #264 of 300 S/N copies in cloth and hand marbeled paper over boards
    The catalog I ordered both from,
    T-Rex

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    This particular thread has really taken off, hasn't it?

Ok, here's a picture to get things rolling (I hope).
    A bunch of PLAYER PIANOs, the only one of note the 1st one which is the US first printing.

One of my favorite Vonnegut books:
    NOTHING IS LOST SAVE HONOR
    #12 of 40 S/N copies printed on Japanese Etching & quarterbound in cloth over boards with leather spine and corners
    #264 of 300 S/N copies in cloth and hand marbeled paper over boards
    The catalog I ordered both from,
    T-Rex

Now this is what I'm talking about!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice...I say as I drool...again.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5:
    1st US HC
    1st UK HC
    Franklin Library signed, limited edition
    1st UK paperback
    1st US paperback
    1st Dell October 1971 new edition paperback
    2nd printing of above (July 1972) movie tie-in edition paperback

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent!

I loved reading this book: BLUEBEARD;
    US proof
    1st US hardcover
    Putnam S/L edition
    Quality Paperback Book Club edition
    UK proof
    1st UK trade paperback
    1st US paperback

For some reason I never got a 1st UK hardcover or paperback, but these are relativley inexpensive so I'll fill those gaps one day. It will probably be harder to track down the paperback in fine shape then the HC.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Steve, are there any books you don't have in your collection?

There are MANY books I don't have! But I do have these;
    GALAPAGOS
    US proof
    1st US hardcover
    1st US Book Club edition
    Easton Press Signed First Edition
    Delacorte S/N edition
    1st UK hardcover
    1st UK trade paperback
    1st US paperback
    1st UK paperback

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep 'em coming!

HOCUS POCUS:
    US proof
    1st US hardcover
    Putnam S/L
    1st Book Club edition (worth AT LEAST a dollar!)
    1st Quality Paperback Book Club edition (but, it IS the 1st paperback)
    1st UK hardcover
    1st UK paperback or trade paperback, take your pick of the description, not sure if it's a first since the number line starts with 2. Did Cape start with 1 back in the 90s? I don't know
    1st US paperback

Just as THE STAND is unquestionably my favorite King book, so is this my favorite Vonnegut. I've got to re-read it again one of these days

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS:
    1st US hardcover in quite fine condition
    1st US hardcover with faded spine panel
    1st US trade paperback
    1st UK hardcover
    1st US paperback
    1st UK special overseas edition paperback
    1st UK paperback

I quit for now - going to finish my Netflix BONES Season 5 disc 4

Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan; 07-05-2011 at 01:37 AM. Reason: changed non-word to real word

DEADEYE DICK:
    US proof
    1st US hardcover
    Delacorte S/L hardcover
    1st UK hardcover
    1st US trade paperback
    1st UK trade paperback
    1st UK paperback
    1st US paperback

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast