Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Travels of The Mist Snow-Globe (Shannon's Needful Things)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Travels of The Mist Snow-Globe (Shannon's Needful Things)

The purpose of this thread is for members to take a snapshot of their "The Mist Snow-Globe" in its travels.
    I will start it off.
    Today TMSG and I spent a bit of time on the computer. TMSG really liked the video I shot. For some odd reason TMSG wanted to climb a tree.
    We subsequently went to Mel's Diner for a bite to eat. All that built up to our seeing the new movie "Super 8'. Afterwards we stopped off for lunch and a libation.
    TMSG wanted to have a "smoke" (BTW I hate smoking, but there is no stopping TMSG).
    Then it was off to check out a boat, and a Harley.

Enjoy this small bit of fun, and I encourage you to take your TMSG out in public. Being stuck in a bookcase or drawer is mighty boring.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

You didn't even lt him out of the box to see the movie? Cruel.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    You didn't even lt him out of the box to see the movie? Cruel.
    TMSG must walk before running. Think of being in the box as a pregnant woman going out in public-the child to be experiences things pre-birth. Soon TMSG will emerge into the light, but for today, my particular TMSG is still incubating.
    Your TMSG may have already matured. Feel free to post picks of your newborn, toddler, adolescent, etc. TMSG. They all grow up differently.

Shannon, BTW there is a support group for those wishing to adopt a TMSG. More info can be found here

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm just curious to know if TMSG enjoyed "Super 8", obviously TSMG could not see the movie, but the audio.... probably just shaking' that box to death.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, We did go to the IMAX presentation (although it wasn't a true IMAX movie) and if nothing else, it was loud. The train-wreck-(no spoiler here the TW was in all the previews) was fairly awesome.
    The movie did a good job of nailing 1979, a couple of missteps, but no suspension of disbelief. Overall TMSG and I give it 4 beers on the RFSRS (Randall Flagg Six Pack Rating System). A bit too "Spielbergish" for my tastes. I know he didn't write or direct, but it had
    Spoiler:
    too much warm and fuzzy, ALA E.T.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Well, We did go to the IMAX presentation (although it wasn't a true IMAX movie) and if nothing else, it was loud. The train-wreck-(no spoiler here the TW was in all the previews) was fairly awesome.
    The movie did a good job of nailing 1979, a couple of missteps, but no suspension of disbelief. Overall TMSG and I give it 4 beers on the RFSRS (Randall Flagg Six Pack Rating System). A bit too "Spielbergish" for my tastes. I know he didn't write or direct, but it had
    Spoiler:
    too much warm and fuzzy, ALA E.T.
    Thanks for the review. I was considering watching this but I hate movies that are to "Spielbergish".

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Ok, this is pretty hilarious.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It will be more fun when other members post their pics.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for the continued adventures of TMSG. This is a fantastic series!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I can't wait for the continued adventures of TMSG. This is a fantastic series!

This is freaking funny!!!!!!

OK, RF, here is TMSG admiring my edition of "One for the Road"

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Misty gets ready for a big day out!
    (NSFW!)
    Spoiler:

of course... she prefers the misting setting on the shower head....
    (BTW...nothing like getting your balls soaped up in the shower...)

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

TMSG getting ready to travel to Mexico for a SAFE fun filled vacation. TSA confiscated my TMSG. I can pick it up when I get back but they allowed everything else to be secure for take off. I think it's the liquid that bothered them.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I can offer TMSG a FREE permanent residence in Germany - Hamburg - My Home

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TMSG Admiring a Remarqued copy of "The Green Mile"

Later, TMSG teamed up with TH20SG and the "Yankee Gnome" as wingmen whilst out looking to score some chicks!!!!!

Pics to come!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome thread!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I took TMSG to the gym. It rode for over an hour and went 23+ miles. afterwords I needed to change TMSG.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did I mention I actually have two globes......I used to have four but gave some away. I think Ari has one.
    I think we are going to take a trip. Much like Mulleins:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread is awesome. Too bad I didn't see it before I left home for the weekend.

Keep it up!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

All the time I was watching SUPER 8 I was lamenting the sad, sad fact that I have no Mist Snow Globe! The tragedy, the anguish, oh, the horror! I felt the eyes of the audience on me, shaking their heads in sympathy as they stroked their Mist Snow Globes while trying not to read my 'Yes, I do NOT have a Mist Snow Globe' t-shirt.
    My one hope in this tragic tale of events is that by the time the sequel, SUPER 9, is released, I WILL possess a Mist Snow Globe!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    All the time I was watching SUPER 8 I was lamenting the sad, sad fact that I have no Mist Snow Globe! The tragedy, the anguish, oh, the horror! I felt the eyes of the audience on me, shaking their heads in sympathy as they stroked their Mist Snow Globes while trying not to read my 'Yes, I do NOT have a Mist Snow Globe' t-shirt.
    My one hope in this tragic tale of events is that by the time the sequel, SUPER 9, is released, I WILL possess a Mist Snow Globe!
    Sadly none are for sale, and this thread has now pushed the price for one far beyond the casual "I want everything" Collector's budget. You may see some in a year or two, but never below $1K.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TMSG at a recent "Photo-Shoot" for "GQ" as "The World's Most Interesting Snow-Globe":

TMSG was heard to say afterward "I do not always drink beer, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis"
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*gasp*

!!!!

This is the website/forum on the internet I frequent most, and I JUST found this thread!!?? Almost a day and a half later!? This is messed up! I may file a report.

The non-fake-upset Shannon thinks this is great and he has laughed and smiled heartily.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TMSG and TH20SG As they ready to go "Clubbing" this evening, after TMSG's Limo ride home from Phoenix Intl Airport. Check "TMZ" tomorrow for additional info!!!!!

Last edited by Merlin1958; 01-20-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how many threads can be derailed with TMSG. Obviously this one is cool, but I'd guess we got a good half dozen more heading seriously off topic. Just idle speculation...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast