Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Book Collection: iowabob

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice stuff! Especially the SIX STORIES and MY PRETTY PONY with the clock.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

iowabob What is the PLANT next to the BAG OF BONES?

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    iowabob What is the PLANT next to the BAG OF BONES?
    It's actually a custom traycase designed to hold all three installments of the Philtrum Press edition of "The Plant." If I remember correctly, it was something that Stu Tinker had made while he was still the owner of Betts. If it wasn't Stu, then it was probably Tony at Camelot Books. Maybe carlos can help me out here...

Anyway, my wife had bought me a copy of Part II from Roy at Badmoon Books for my 40-something birthday. I wasn't comfortable just standing it between books, so I bought one of the traycases to store it in. Shortly after, I had the opportunity to meet Bev Vincent on a trip to Texas. He mentioned having an extra copy of Part III, and we worked out a trade for it. I have no idea what I gave him, but I'm sure I got the better end of the deal.

I'm still missing Part I, but I'm sure I'll pick one up someday if the price is right.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome stuff, wish I could view the store online... I get nothing on the link

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Right now, there's not much in the store. I'm still trying to get things set up structurally before I start adding more items. It crashed and burned the first time, so I'm trying to eliminate the bugs.

If the link in my signature doesn't work, you can try entering www.iowabob.com in your browser. Thanks!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, you've got a really nice collection there!

John

BOB The traycase that is with the MY PRETTY PONY from MR KING did it come with the book or did you get it after? It does not match the one I have from BOOKLAB (They bound the book) that were made after market and sold $100 in 1989. I think there were 2 states of the BOOKLAB box & they only had the title on the spine & the inner padding was white. If it came with the book that means there are 3 states of the box and makes it even rarer.

My Mood
    Cynical

BOB The traycase that is with the MY PRETTY PONY from MR KING did it come with the book or did you get it after? It does not match the one I have from BOOKLAB (They bound the book) that were made after market and sold $100 in 1989. I think there were 2 states of the BOOKLAB box & they only had the title on the spine & the inner padding was white. If it came with the book that means there are 3 states of the box and makes it even rarer.
    I received the book without the traycase. After talking with carlosdetweiler and a friend named Rand Torman, I found that none of us had traycases for our copies.

Roy Robbins (Badmoon Books) showed carlos and me the case hs had made by a friend, and we were impressed with the craftsmanship and the appearance. I ordered 3 of them and kept one for myself. The others went to carlos and Rand. I'm sure carlos still has his. Rand sold his collection seveal year ago to help pay for his kid's college education, so I have no idea where the third case may be. If you ever see a picture or a case similar to mine, it's possible it came originally from Rand's collection.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely love the collection Bob. Some truely amazing pieces.
    And I'm so envious about your dinner to meet Stephen. Just awesome!

My Mood
    Cynical

It's been awhile, figured I should post something here while the scanner's warmed up.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Iowa,
    I'll almost bet money this one's not price clipped.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Iowa,
    I'll almost bet money this one's not price clipped.
    The DJ has a bunch of small "wrinkles" that are barely visible, and a minute "roll" to the upper edge of the flap. Unfortunately, my scanner sees them through the Brodart without any problem.

Anyway, GBP 3.95 IN UK ONLY

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I cry in joy and jealously every time you post your collection
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, £3.95 for a hardback - those were the days! Brilliant collection Bob

BOB What did the Breathing Method go for?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

BOB What did the Breathing Method go for?
    It went for the highest bid and it now resides in my collection...

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iowabob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    [Pics, pretty please!!!!!
    OK, here ya go.

I am absolutely in awe!!!! Not just of this book but of the collection we have seen so far.

There are SOOOOO many things that could be said about that Roman Numeral!! You just lucked into that #? You can't tell me that SOMEONE in Bangor doesn't have a sense of humor!! And at the YMCA no less!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

biomieg I was asking Bob the selling price of the Breathing Method so other collectors can get a general idea of what the current value of this book is? Mr Rabbit Trick a while back on The Collector site felt that this was a common book and not worth much. Now that you have come forward as the buyer I do not feel that Bob has the right to disclose what you spent.So are you willing to let us know what you felt this book is worth?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

biomieg I was asking Bob the selling price of the Breathing Method so other collectors can get a general idea of what the current value of this book is? Mr Rabbit Trick a while back on The Collector site felt that this was a common book and not worth much. Now that you have come forward as the buyer I do not feel that Bob has the right to disclose what you spent.So are you willing to let us know what you felt this book is worth?
    Sure, I was just teasing a bit! I am pretty sure that this book is not common, especially in a 'non-ex-library' state. If Mr. Rabbit Trick obtained his copy for a bargain price it doesn't mean he established a new market value - I got my copy of the 1969 Startling Mystery Stories with 'The Reaper's Image' for $22 and my UK BACHMAN BOOKS 1st/1st for £0.99 but that doesn't make these items any less scarce or expensive in general. I just got lucky and so did he.

Anyway, I paid $300 including shipping to The Netherlands. It's a hard to find book in ex-library condition (for which I would have paid $50) but much more so in this 'as new' state so I think it's worth it. Others will think I overpaid. I won't lose any sleep over that.

Thank You for the price info. I got mine over 20 years ago but not sure what I payed back then but I m sure it was not cheap. I know I payed $200 for the Shawshank book back then also.I bought both Startling Mystery Stories off the newsstand when they were new. of course did not know what GEMS I was buying at the time. I also love my Dutch Creepshow as far as I know it is the only edition in the world with a dustjacket.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2