Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: trying to remember a cuthbert quote

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

Default trying to remember a cuthbert quote

I was chatting to a friend the other day about DT (managed to get him hooked this year and now hes a junkie too!) and I can recall part of a quote by Cuthbert, I think it was in wizard and glass, it's something along the lines of "we're outnumber, low on ammo and outnumbered, shall we charge Roland?" I've googled everywhere and cant find the full quote can anybody help me?
    Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web or regard.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, lord, it's one of my favorites:

"Roland!" he cries. "We've been betrayed! We're outnumbered! Our backs are to the sea! We've got em right where we want em! Shall we charge?"

and, of course, not from W&G. Exactly the opposite: it's from the best book of the series, Wolves of the Calla

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

That's it Jean, thank you so much it has been driving me crazy trying to think of this! most definitely one of my favourite Cuthbert quotes, He really is a fantastic character
    Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web or regard.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes, lord, it's one of my favorites:

"Roland!" he cries. "We've been betrayed! We're outnumbered! Our backs are to the sea! We've got em right where we want em! Shall we charge?"

and, of course, not from W&G. Exactly the opposite: it's from the best book of the series, Wolves of the Calla
    How can you say this Jean? Why did u like WotC so much (obv there will probably be a spoiler or two in the response)?
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Country
    Country Flag

oh, there's a shit ton of threads around dedicated to who loves which book more and why; I think I argued there at length (or was it at .net?... anyway, there are other people and animals and their arguments there, too)

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

haha okay, fair enough. perhaps one of these days I'll do some investigation into it and try to dig up the thread or just post my thoughts on W&G, and DTII but I kind of wanted to read them again before I do because it has been some time and would want to have all the facts/details in my recent memory.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan