Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember the fighting with the owner of the compenduim (Anthony?). http://www.darktowercompendium.com/
    Alright, I don't remember this and I'm curious about it! What happened?

He commented in the line of his feelings that the site may as well shut down as the 'quality' of the collectors in that forum were not 'up to par' as it used to be.
    I remember something about this. It was near the end of the forum nevertheless.

Not to down the DT.net, but actually....as some can here can attest too, I gave away some nice stuff on in the King's closet group well before the DT net existed.
    Of course! I even remember that the first email I ever sent in english King-Related it was to you through that group! I can't remember about what, but I do remember the group (and I also learned there that "shit" sometimes is a good thing (you used the expression "give away some shit").

AND I'll never forget about Jerome's postings with his animated gifs. Besides the boobs, I remember one of V for Vendetta (knives rolling).

I didn't pay too much attention to many of the posters and the attitudes mentioned before, but there were two attitudes I didn't like at all. One was from Jonathan Reitan (Jreittan), who was one of the sponsors of a trivia contest that took place in the chat group of Skeemers. I was the winner of it and the price was the F&SF magazine that contains Everything's Eventual. Not only he never sent the price (I don't give a shit about the price), but I can't stand someone so full of himself that didn't even replied a single email I sent (and I didn't sent too many) or ignored my posts completely. I stopped trying to contact him when one of the greatest guys I met there (can't say his name, but we all love him and envy his awesome remarques collection ) told me that Reitan was someone that wasn't easy to deal with. I also remember JR complaining openly in a forum that he was after one book and, when someone pointed out the eBay auction, someone else won it (the same person that warned me about him) by placing a higher bid than Jonathan. He complained saying that he was always open to help members with their wishlists and if people won't pay back, he won't as well from that moment on. And forgive me, but it was REALLY FUNNY to see that he always said he was the only "Completist" of King and, when Bob (carlosdetwellier) showed up and started to post his collection, well...mysteriously, Reitan had less and less posts until he finally decided to part with his collection.

The other attitude had to do with the same co-owner last mentioned (female), who was also, for my taste, too full of herself (I contacted her a couple of times with some questions about Grant Books and the replies were too sharp and not informative at all). And then, when the ending was coming, the soap opera they mounted was even funny.

Rick, I didn't know you were banned from the forum! Which one was the reason? Because you sell books? On the other hand, I don't agree about the giveaways! For the starters like me at that moment, it was a great way to get a really cool item!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will have to dig that one up. I tried to change the bouncing boobs gif once a week.

We have considered allowing animated gifs as avatars.
    If enough people are interested, we could do a 30 day trial. It used to slow page loading, but in general the site loads pretty fast right now.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And allow the bouncing boobs!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

(and I also learned there that "shit" sometimes is a good thing (you used the expression "give away some shit").
    yep...that's me...always out to enlighten my fellow man whenever I am able.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    And allow the bouncing boobs!
    I think the novelty has run its course. Perhaps post in the off topic areas. We have threads dedicated to avatars, signatures, etc.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

thankyou.... I'm feeling MUCH better now....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Remember the fighting with the owner of the compenduim (Anthony?). http://www.darktowercompendium.com/
    Alright, I don't remember this and I'm curious about it! What happened?

He commented in the line of his feelings that the site may as well shut down as the 'quality' of the collectors in that forum were not 'up to par' as it used to be.
    I remember something about this. It was near the end of the forum nevertheless.

Not to down the DT.net, but actually....as some can here can attest too, I gave away some nice stuff on in the King's closet group well before the DT net existed.
    Of course! I even remember that the first email I ever sent in english King-Related it was to you through that group! I can't remember about what, but I do remember the group (and I also learned there that "shit" sometimes is a good thing (you used the expression "give away some shit").

AND I'll never forget about Jerome's postings with his animated gifs. Besides the boobs, I remember one of V for Vendetta (knives rolling).

I didn't pay too much attention to many of the posters and the attitudes mentioned before, but there were two attitudes I didn't like at all. One was from Jonathan Reitan (Jreittan), who was one of the sponsors of a trivia contest that took place in the chat group of Skeemers. I was the winner of it and the price was the F&SF magazine that contains Everything's Eventual. Not only he never sent the price (I don't give a shit about the price), but I can't stand someone so full of himself that didn't even replied a single email I sent (and I didn't sent too many) or ignored my posts completely. I stopped trying to contact him when one of the greatest guys I met there (can't say his name, but we all love him and envy his awesome remarques collection ) told me that Reitan was someone that wasn't easy to deal with. I also remember JR complaining openly in a forum that he was after one book and, when someone pointed out the eBay auction, someone else won it (the same person that warned me about him) by placing a higher bid than Jonathan. He complained saying that he was always open to help members with their wishlists and if people won't pay back, he won't as well from that moment on. And forgive me, but it was REALLY FUNNY to see that he always said he was the only "Completist" of King and, when Bob (carlosdetwellier) showed up and started to post his collection, well...mysteriously, Reitan had less and less posts until he finally decided to part with his collection.

The other attitude had to do with the same co-owner last mentioned (female), who was also, for my taste, too full of herself (I contacted her a couple of times with some questions about Grant Books and the replies were too sharp and not informative at all). And then, when the ending was coming, the soap opera they mounted was even funny.

Rick, I didn't know you were banned from the forum! Which one was the reason? Because you sell books? On the other hand, I don't agree about the giveaways! For the starters like me at that moment, it was a great way to get a really cool item!
    Ya' know, I wasn't gonna' mention this at all publicly, but seeing this makes me inclined to do so. Awhile back Jonathan Reitan posted here about selling some mags. I agreed to buy his set of Phantasmagorias, sent payment, and never heard from him. I sent emails telling him NOT to worry about the money ($50 or so, I believe) just asking what happened. I STILL haven't heard back from him.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also had some major problems with Jonathan over some stuff I bought from him using Paypal. I never received the items for a long time, so I finally challenged the sale through Paypal. It was only after they froze his account that the items arrived. I know he has MAJOR health issues, but that's still no excuse for what he does. Almost two years ago he told me he'd send some other items to me (no charge) and I have yet to see them. I know he's not active in the King scene anymore, too.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

He won't get another penny from me for nothing. He actually listed alot of mags I'd have liked to have got. What he got he can keep.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice, John just told you what you have to do to get the items or the money...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't even know where to start about .net lol
    I lurk, therefore I am.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At the beginning.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, Ari. I'm lazy though and I told him to just keep it...even if it just "got lost in the mail" or whatever (he never said that or anything else after he got my money), so I can't back out of that.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post

Is Blake in play?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

At the begining!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Is Blake in play?
    Always!
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    For a short time only:

Color me happy!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Is Blake in play?

Always!
    He needs to prove it. He is missed.

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

i wish i knew how to cut and paste these gif files

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    For a short time only:

I'm pretty sure I saw this girl (don't know her name) in several animated gifs, but it's always hypnotizing.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/sw90487282.gif

If you want to post it in a forum, use [ IMG]link[/ IMG]
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I wasn't cool enough for a card.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Does anyone still have a calendar?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I might... I had a Guys of TDT.net one.

I still have my sen and marty mugs.

@Bethany, you needed to not lurk so much :p
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I was afraid of you crazy internet peoples!
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast