Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57
Results 1,401 to 1,404 of 1404

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Long long ago, in days of old, there was a gathering of Dark Tower fans.

Palavercon. Held July 22-25, 2005 in Durham New Hampshire, USA (The "Luxurious" New England Center on the campus of The University of New Hampshire).

Held back east the Host(s) were Robert Weiner and his young wife Michaela (with an assist from current member Jonathan Reitan). Several current members attended. IIRC, the convention was held at the same time some US Navy (or other service) people also were at the hotel. There was quite the clash between the (mostly) far left wing Dark Tower fans and the generally right wing military members. Not only in ideology, but in confusion over which group was to have which room/hall for their various events.

I could be wrong, but from what I was told, several artists including Michael Whelan, Phil Hale, Darrel Anderson (who declined due to health reasons), and Rick Berry were scheduled guests and showed their original pieces in the rooms/halls. There was some controversy when a piece or two went missing.

In addition, there were rumors of numerous sexual peccadilloes, including one that would lead to the breakup and divorce of Robert Weiner and Michaela.

Wow, and I was just happy with a grab bag….or was that the 2nd palavercon. Sounds very debauched and decadent.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Long long ago, in days of old, there was a gathering of Dark Tower fans.

Palavercon. Held July 22-25, 2005 in Durham New Hampshire, USA (The "Luxurious" New England Center on the campus of The University of New Hampshire).

Held back east the Host(s) were Robert Weiner and his young wife Michaela (with an assist from current member Jonathan Reitan). Several current members attended. IIRC, the convention was held at the same time some US Navy (or other service) people also were at the hotel. There was quite the clash between the (mostly) far left wing Dark Tower fans and the generally right wing military members. Not only in ideology, but in confusion over which group was to have which room/hall for their various events.

I could be wrong, but from what I was told, several artists including Michael Whelan, Phil Hale, Darrel Anderson (who declined due to health reasons), and Rick Berry were scheduled guests and showed their original pieces in the rooms/halls. There was some controversy when a piece or two went missing.

In addition, there were rumors of numerous sexual peccadilloes, including one that would lead to the breakup and divorce of Robert Weiner and Michaela.
    Yeap. I remember the gossips that followed and the later break up of Robert and Michaela. The three artist that attended (Whelan, Hale and Berry) created one original painting live that Michaela gave to Karen French (who was working for Grant Books at that moment). I never knew about the sex peccadilloes mentioned but some people said that something happened.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No. That is the guy from the site that she left Robert Weiner for. He was from Atlanta (I can't recall his name). Last I heard from her years ago she was in Sedona, Arizona living with her sister and broke while trying to dispute the Pre-Nup she signed with Robert.
    Here I found the outcome.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I attended. I still have the grab bag and the turtle necklace made by a MA woman...I did not stay at the hotel so cannot comment on that. First time I met Audrey and Michael though....sat with Audtry most of the time....later I bought a copy of NECON XX that Michaela took with her to the con and got EVERYONE there (including King) to sign it. It must have about 40 signatures of people there. One of a kind!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57