Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Clive Barker

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Default Everville

The second "Book of The Art" and an indirect sequel to The Great and Secret Show, Everville picks up after the events of that book and continues the mythology of "The Art."

Published simultaneously in the U.S. and U.K in 1994, Everville did not sell quite as well as its predecessor. This would also be the last book of "The Art" despite a contract with Harper/Collins to produce another volume.

The U.K. got a pseudo limited edition of Everville. A special limitation page was bound into 2000 copies of the trade edition. They were numbered and contained a facsimile signature:

The U.S. received a proper signed and limited edition courtesy of Harper/Collins in 1994

That's all for now, I'll have more Clive Barker items in a little while.

Thanks!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive stuff. I actually met Barker >20 years ago at Dark Carnival Bookstore in Berkeley, Ca. I sold my Barker stuff years ago.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bejesus you have some great stuff there, thanks for showing it!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't the item I mentioned above but I came across it while unpacking a large box of Barker stuff that I have stored away. It is a playbill for "The Secret Life Of Cartoons," a play written by Barker. I don't think it lasted very long but I don't know if these playbills are worth much. This one is signed.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This is a bound galley of THE DAMNATION GAME, published by Weidenfeld & Nicolson. It is bound in thick black cardboard and has two pages of text per galley page. It is signed by Barker. I have heard there were only four of these done but have no idea if that is factual or not. In a failed attempt to keep me from taking him to court, Michael Autrey sent me this and a bunch of other Barker and King items. Most were not worth anything but this one may have some financial potential. I've looked but have never seen another.

My Mood
    Angry

Awesome Bob! Thanks so much!

I've read about the bound galleys from Phil Stokes (who runs Clive's website) but haven't seen one. Very cool!

The Playbills are really nifty as well, I love to see memorabilia from before Clive Barker was CLIVE BARKER!

Thanks for these!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Justin Case is on a distinguished road Justin Case's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. I understand there was a limited of Imajica.. one of my all time Barker favorites - do you own this / have pics? BTW, I may have been at the same NYC B&N signing some years back... was it at the Cooper Square / East Village Barnes & Noble in Manhattan?
    Phil

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A few months back i noticed in a french fanzine from about 1987 that i bought, a copy of one of his drawing and his signature. If i remember well, it was a drawin he did send the person.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Very nice. I understand there was a limited of Imajica.. one of my all time Barker favorites - do you own this / have pics? BTW, I may have been at the same NYC B&N signing some years back... was it at the Cooper Square / East Village Barnes & Noble in Manhattan?
    I'll post the S/L Imajica when I get home. Clive's done three signings in NYC that I've been to. One at Forbidden Planet in '87, one in Cooper Square Barnes & Noble in '93 I believe, but I could be wrong, and then again at the Lincoln Center Barnes & Noble in 2002 for Abarat.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure you guys know that Earthling Publications is planning a 25th Anniversary Edition of Weaveworld next year - http://earthlingpub.com/cb_weaveworld.html

My Mood
    Angry

Default Imajica

One of my favorite Clive Barker books, and one of the nicer Signed/Limiteds put out by Harper/Collins.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great book, and great pics. Thanks.

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I'm sure you guys know that Earthling Publications is planning a 25th Anniversary Edition of Weaveworld next year - http://earthlingpub.com/cb_weaveworld.html
    All over it Eric! I wrote and asked if I could pre-order the lettered edition and he said no.

Gunslinger Apprentice Justin Case is on a distinguished road Justin Case's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    I'll post the S/L Imajica when I get home. Clive's done three signings in NYC that I've been to. One at Forbidden Planet in '87, one in Cooper Square Barnes & Noble in '93 I believe, but I could be wrong, and then again at the Lincoln Center Barnes & Noble in 2002 for Abarat.
    I see the pictures and they are amazing ... it is truly one of my favorite Barker books - I love the depth and historical points and the way he ties it all together throughout - I'd like to see more stories in this "universe" if there aren't already written and I just missed them.

I think it was Lincoln Center because I remember Abarat - I couldn't make that one. The one I remember at Cooper Square was in 1996 and was for the signing for Galilee - Barker was the epitome of niceness... I was one of the first people in line (got there literally 8 hours before it was scheduled as I recall) and asked if he wouldn't mind doing an illustration in my copy. He not only did one for Galilee but also a small "doodle" for my copy of Everville and gave out a free face portrait w / sig. I'm going to try and scan it to show here. What a wonderful guy in person.

Quick question - what do you think of Coldheart Canyon. I haven't read it yet and have the B. E. Trice edition which I love. How would you all rate this one? I've been meaning to get around to reading it and will move it up on my TBR albatross if recommended
    Phil

My Mood
    Angry

Thanks for the story Justin, that's awesome! '96 couldn't have been Galilee as that wasn't published until '98. Did you mean Sacrament?

Here are some pics of the Trice Limited of Coldheart Canyon. I recommend it but be warned it's brutal. One of the most "explicit" things Barker has ever written. A very gripping book though...

My Mood
    Angry

Default Coldheart Canyon

The B.E. Trice limited edition of Coldheart Canyon, Clive Barker's scathing and shocking novel about old time Hollywood.

My Mood
    Angry

Default Mister B. Gone

While I'm here, I'll post a couple of pics of Barker's return to "horror" Mister B. Gone. The story of a possessed book told in the first person by the demon who has possessed it. A very quick read and certainly recommended to any Barker fans.

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

i'm bouta go annie wilkes on his cracka ass if he postpones the third book of the abarat one more 'gain

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbros View Post
    i'm bouta go annie wilkes on his cracka ass if he postpones the third book of the abarat one more 'gain
    Book III of the Abarat Quartet (Abarat: Absolute Midnight) will be published in September. Unsure as to the status of B.E. Trice's limited edition to match the previous two though. The cover art for volume III is this:

My Mood
    Brooding

i'll believe it when i see it. nothing against the man but he has a history of postponing sequels for prolonged periods of time.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Thanks for the story Justin, that's awesome! Yes, it was '96 I do remember now. I wasn't too far behind you on line!

Here are some pics of the Trice Limited of Coldheart Canyon. I recommend it but be warned it's brutal. One of the most "explicit" things Barker has ever written. A very gripping book though...
    I'm pretty psyched to read Coldheart Canyon... I do remember hearing it gets pretty serious - someone told me it reminded them of Wetbones by John Shirley with regard to the debauchery of old time Hollywood. I'm making some room in my schedule for this one. Great pics btw.. that guy in the mask is seriously creepy - I thought it was Barker himself until I found out its Barker's own photo...
    Phil

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

i'll believe it when i see it. nothing against the man but he has a history of postponing sequels for prolonged periods of time.
    Me too.... I liked Galilee a lot but feel it left off too much too abruptly and I had thought it was supposed to be a trilogy about the core family, etc.. (maybe yet to come? did anyone hear anything?) still great stuff - though I'd like to have more please
    Phil

My Mood
    Brooding

very good read, altho Ric isn't mincing words about its graphic nature. one of the rare times barker uses true visual horror over psychology. unfortunately i have NOT heard anything about a follow-up to galilee; although i HAVE heard rumors about the third book of the Art...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

very good read, altho Ric isn't mincing words about its graphic nature. one of the rare times barker uses true visual horror over psychology. unfortunately i have NOT heard anything about a follow-up to galilee; although i HAVE heard rumors about the third book of the Art...
    Ah yes... the third book of the Art. Wasn't it at one point rumoured to be called the Scarlet Gospel(s) or something; now that will be worth waiting for. BTW, have you checked our the Kirk cover for Earlthing Press's 25th Anniversary edition of Weaveworld - lookings amazing! Earthling kicks major butt and with the long anticipated non-fic collection - The Painter, The Creature and The Father of Lies - due out from them this summer - whoo hoo!
    Phil

My Mood
    Brooding

not much of a collector honestly. to me the value of ANY work of Art lies solely in its consumptibility. and reports say that there will be no third book of the Art due to Everville's poor critical reception.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast