Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Clive Barker

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I have one of the white ones. Grey boards and end papers.
    Is yours signed? If not, could I ask what it cost you?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I have one of the white ones. Grey boards and end papers.
    Is yours signed? If not, could I ask what it cost you?
    Yes it is signed. When I bought it, I was told it was the more rare of the two versions.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Here is my Barker Collection
    Starting with The Books of Blood
    Weidenfeld&Nicolson Books 1-3 #132 of 200 Books 4-6 #179. Very hard to get a matching set

And the White GE signed. Not to many of these I think

My Mood
    Cool

Next is Weave World

And the 25th Anniversary ed

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Great stuff.

My Mood
    Cool

Next is The Great and Secret Show

AND Everville

My Mood
    Cool

And now we have The Damnation Game

My Mood
    Cool

Next is The Midnight Meat Train

My Mood
    Cool

Here we have Cabal

And the less common Cabal with the white cover

My Mood
    Cool

And now, The Sacrament

My Mood
    Cool

This is The Thief of Always

My Mood
    Cool

And Finally the "regular" books
    The Inhuman Condition Trade Flat signed

My Mood
    Cool

I also have two or three more but they are proofs of book 1 and two of the Abarat series and an unsigned Hell Raiser Graphic novel. I would love to to maybe expand this, especially,
    if he writes new books and there are limited ed's of them. As soon as I am done some more King, I will go into at least one Barker book.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This is The Thief of Always

This book is so good - we have taught it at my school for the past 23 years. What a super edition of a super book - congrats!

My Mood
    Cool

Thank you. I am looking forward to reading it. That was actually a gift from someone here on the forum. So I know it's not a major collection yet. I will see what else is out there and over time, make it
    more substantial. There are a few that I would love to get.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you. I am looking forward to reading it. That was actually a gift from someone here on the forum. So I know it's not a major collection yet. I will see what else is out there and over time, make it
    Dude, that's a great gift. They sell for $200+ on eBay regularly. It's a major piece if you plan to collect Barker. You will love reading it. Love the Weidenfeld & Nicolson Books of Blood limiteds - much preferred to the Sub Press ones in my mind. I have been looking for matches for mine for a long time (#93 for volumes 1-3 and #56 for volumes 4-6). The hunt goes on for us both I guess.

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, I would love to find one set of matching of my BOB. It would very cool. The case has a very very minor chip so people would focus on that and it would
    probably lower the price. But I am extremely proud that I was given this gift. I think I have a good start. I can't wait until I can dive into these books as well.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Dude, that's a great gift. They sell for $200+ on eBay regularly. It's a major piece if you plan to collect Barker. You will love reading it. Love the Weidenfeld & Nicolson Books of Blood limiteds - much preferred to the Sub Press ones in my mind. I have been looking for matches for mine for a long time (#93 for volumes 1-3 and #56 for volumes 4-6). The hunt goes on for us both I guess.
    I agree about the original UK Limited set of BOOKS OF BLOOD. It's just an iconic set in Horror Collecting. Wouldn't trade mine for the world. Well, I'd trade for a matching set! For the record, mine are: Vols 1-3 #10, Vols 4-6 #59 (so close to yours, Zaius! Damn!).

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is interesting : Clive Barker goes by 2 totally different signatures?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Has anyone here ordered CD's lettered The Damnation Game? I see they still list its traycase as "in production" (at the bottom of this page: https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html), suggesting that the lettered itself is still not out (I can't imagine they would've shipped the books without the cases).

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I recently read The Thief of Always for the first time and loved it - much more than I thought I would. I followed up immediately with the graphic novel adaptation, which was also really fun.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    This is interesting : Clive Barker goes by 2 totally different signatures?
    Not sure I know what you mean...can you add pics?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, simply look at the pictures above and you'll see that the signatures are quite different. Was it maybe before / after his accident?

I mean, here is a version

Here is another one

And again another one, similar-ish to the previous

They are quite distinct, no?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Well, simply look at the pictures above and you'll see that the signatures are quite different. Was it maybe before / after his accident?

They are quite distinct, no?
    Yes.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cool

I just want to clarify one thing. The Thief of Always that I got as a gift, it's not like there is a major issue with case. It took me three time looking at the corners to find it.
    It's very small. And now that you mention it, I see the difference in his sig as well. I forget when he got sick. I do know that at some point in the past you could send books
    to him to sign and he no longer does that anymore because of what happened to him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast