Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Clive Barker

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No books, but plenty of other things (shirts, mugs, journals, phone cases, bags) here if anyone would like to support Clive and pick up something nice:

Much of his art, while interesting, is just not to my taste, but some designs did do it for me:

A Tree Full of Sky
    Sandpaper Trees
    Two Forests
    Hark's Harbor
    Tidal
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Well, simply look at the pictures above and you'll see that the signatures are quite different. Was it maybe before / after his accident?

They are quite distinct, no?
    Yes.
    I went back and looked at some of my books. I think that the shift occurred well before the accident.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

FYI, Cemetery Dance has some lettered editions of The Damnation Game (which is shipping now) available for any who might be interested.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Helping a friend sell some of his collection. . Please send me an offer and I will pass it on to him.
    The Scarlet Gospels Clive Barker U of 26
    The Hellbound Heart Clive Barker 27/250
    The Painter, The Creature, The Father Of Lies Clive Barker E of 26

https://www.harperwildeco.com/forum/...itles-for-sale

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've recently been reading some Clive Barker for the first time - iI bought two BCE Poseidon Press hardcovers of In the Flesh and The Inhuman Condition. Suffice to say, I'm quickly finding myself hooked and would like to pick up the rest of the books of blood. That said, I'm not really hunting for collectible editions. I'd be content to get the rest in similar vintage hardcovers, BCE's would be fine. It's my understanding that Poseidon Press didnt print them all, but it seems convoluted. Is there a good starting point on collecting for Barker? Anyone have a stack of...non collectible (for lack of a batter term) vintage hardcovers? I feel a bit directionless here but am certainly interested.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

AN UPDATE FROM THE MAN HIMSELF:

Guys! I’m here! I’m back! It’s been a long silence, I know, but I am returning to the fold with a new novel, DEEP HILL, a large collection of out-of-print short stories, NEW short stories and a novella called MERCY AND THE JACKAL, the collection to be called FEAR ETERNAL.

I’m also ready to release a large volume of some 250 poems, edited by Paulo Lorca and published by @philandsarah, much more news to share soon. Much love from your crazy author.
    https://twitter.com/RealCliveBarker/...22851462909952

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's great. I guess he is feeling better which is a very good thing.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yesterday was a big Clive Barker day for me, not only with this news, but my copy of Imajica (original US hardcover) finally arrived. Starting on June 8, I'd ordered it twice from the same AbeBooks seller, and both times it didn't get to me (nor, according to USPS' website, did it get to the post office to begin with), then I tried another AbeBooks seller, who, it turns out, A) actually had a copy of the book and B) knew where the local post office was. Fucking finally.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The poetry collection is entitled The Presence of This Breath.

Clive reads some from it here: http://youtu.be/sQVrvO5gMrA

My Mood
    Yeehaw

From an interview with Den of Geek:

“Things are cyclical. For a while, I was doing a lot of fantasy, and I did obviously (fantasy novel) The Thief of Always, and stuff like that. I’ve got a bunch more stories (like The Thief of Always), which are coming. But I also felt the need to go back to my horror roots, and doing it unapologetically.”
    “The idea of doing Deep Hill, which is the novel, and then following it with — whichever order they go in — Fear Eternal, which is the collection of short stories…there are a lot of short stories,” he says. “I’ve always been a big fan of (Stephen King’s) The Mist. I wanted to do something at that length. So I’ve done something called Mercy and the Jackal, which is a novella that’s about that length.”
    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/nightbr...arker-returns/

He talked to ComingSoon.net about an upcoming series version of Nightbreed (based on Cabal, of course), for which he is "currently writing 'the bible' for the world of the titular group":

“It’s exciting, after 30 years, to go back to these characters and find out who’s still speaking to me, who wants their story told,” Barker brightly expressed. “My tongue isn’t in my cheek when I say that as when I start a piece, it’s listening. The writing is a piece of listening, I’ve always said I was a journalist and what I was reporting on was the space between my ears.”
    https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...htbreed-series

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Some good stuff there.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yesterday, Barker did a Reddit AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/horror/comm...d_imaginer_my/

Some interesting bits:

There are 2 more volumes of Abarat still to come. And a huge portion of it has not yet been revealed by me. The complexity of Abarat [25 islands, each one a different time of the day] is very complicated and quite challenging.

I’m finishing off on book four of Abarat now, still have some paintings to make to illustrate it.

And then I will go straight on to the final book, Quintet.

This has been the most lengthy and complex of the projects that I’ve attempted and I’m excited to revisit the world for the last two volumes.
    I handwrite everything on a college-ruled paper with a Pentel pen. I should say black Pentel pen.

I’ve always done this. All my books are handwritten, which adds up to a large number of hand-written pages, like Imajica.

My working day is consistent. At the moment, every day is the same because I’m in lockdown. I begin between 9:30 and 10 in the morning and write through the day until 9 or 10 at night.

On days when I'm also painting, I'll use the period between 6 o’clock at night and 10 to paint.
    I have one story about the Books of Blood, which may entertain you. I was struggling to find the titles for the stories, until one night, at a party, I was offered some brownies. I like brownies. I ate three.

Only then was I told they were laced with weed, which I was not familiar with as an experience. I didn’t smoke it, eat it. My mind went gonzo for a while, and I titled several of the stories.

I suppose the marijuana liberated some part of my brain that provided answers which must’ve been somewhere hiding between my ears. It was an extraordinary experience. And I still laugh about it.
    In the last month or so, several projects that I’ve always wanted to see as films or television series have been pursued by producers and will be turned into events for television or cinema in the next few years.

They include: Imajica, Weaveworld, Nightbreed, more tales from the Books of Blood, and also a television series based upon the comic called Ectokid. There are others in the works, but all of those are moving along nicely.
    ...my next novel, Deep Hill, and...my new collection of short fiction, which is called Fear Eternal. Both those books will be delivered to my publisher in the next few months.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Anyone familiar with pricing of Maximillian Bacchus Ultra Edition?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

New interview with Clive: https://www.clivebarker.info/intsrevel35.html

Short on actual news, though.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Has anyone read the original hardcover of Abarat? I've heard that the illustrations (paintings) are a big part of it, but I just got the paperback, and it has none, so I'm wondering how much I'm missing out on.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Has anyone read the original hardcover of Abarat? I've heard that the illustrations (paintings) are a big part of it, but I just got the paperback, and it has none, so I'm wondering how much I'm missing out on.
    I would say that yes, because of the shear amount of artwork that he made for the books, as he wrote the books, that they are integral to the book and reading of the book.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I would say that yes, because of the shear amount of artwork that he made for the books, as he wrote the books, that they are integral to the book and reading of the book.
    Damn.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Damn.
    There are so many paintings in this that it reads like an adult picture book - I am sorry to say that you really missed out on a treat if you read the paperback. The are meant to be absorbed together. I hope you get a hard cover for the second book.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is a french magazine out, just now, with a brand new interview with Clive Barker... as well as 2 short unpublished poems !

The text is both in french and english. I considered buying it but didnt in the end (it'ss 9 euros, so about 12-15 usd I guess)
    Please let me know if anybody here is interested
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale: Clive Barker - Books of Blood Stealth Press Limited Edition #52/500. ***$450***

Fine condition. Full leather black binding in black slipcase. Price includes shipping. International at cost. PM here or you can reach me at ericjohns5000@gmail.com. Thanks.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know the going rate for the SubPress Books of Blood 6 volume limited set?
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

What is estimated value of the BE Trice slipcase limited editions of Abarat 1 & 2? Beautiful books and I never see them for sale anywhere. I always wished they had done a limited of the 3rd book as well.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Because Clive is "prepared to release a number of works on paper for sale" beginning later today, a new interview is posted on his site:

https://www.clivebarker.info/intsrevel36.html

(It's dated March 27, 2020, but I think that must be a misprint (I suspect 2021).)

Mostly discusses his art, some of which relates to forthcoming Abarat volumes, but also mentioned this:

"...I’ve been writing a lot about London because of these stories, and I think you can probably now talk about the fact that I’m doing these Theatre of Blood stories with Mick Garris. This is Clive Barker’s Theatre of Blood. It is ten new, utterly new, stories written in the tradition, if you will, of The Books of Blood, directly in that tradition. In other words, in my head even though we’re changing media I am thinking that these are ten more stories to become the seventh Book of Blood, if you will. And it was Mick’s idea to call it the Theatre of Blood, which I think is perfect.

"Two of them are set in London, and London has always been a city of ghosts and this, I think, is a nineteenth century ghost, judging by his top hat, and that’s all there is to say about him, I think. He doesn’t have a place in the narrative, per se, but he’s there."

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not connected with this interview, but the Instagram of Phil and Sarah Stokes (who run Clive's social media) recently said (in a response to a comment on one of their posts) that they "should have more news before too long" on Deep Hill and Fear Eternal.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Not connected with this interview, but the Instagram of Phil and Sarah Stokes (who run Clive's social media) recently said (in a response to a comment on one of their posts) that they "should have more news before too long" on Deep Hill and Fear Eternal.
    I'd rather hear a concrete update on Abarat 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast