Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Clive Barker

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do like the book, but I absolutely dislike Barker's illustrations.
    Those alone, to me, are the reason not to buy this limited.

sk

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I do like the book, but I absolutely dislike Barker's illustrations.
    Those alone, to me, are the reason not to buy this limited.

sk
    Art is subjective.

I'd like to move on to another subject!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Gauntlet Press started accepting pre-orders for a limited edition of The Great and Secret Show

http://www.gauntletpress.com/product...d-secret-show/
    Awesome. Thanks for the heads up wolfehr

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone received the S/L edition of Scarlet Gospels from Earthling? Thoughts on quality, bonus material, etc? I'm in two minds because the Aussie dollar has taken a nosedive.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a couple of Barker books for sale.

The Midnight Meat Train - Deluxe Edition - number of 33 just 66 copies $200 OBO Fine condition

The Scarlet Gospels - UK Uncorrected Advance Proof $60 OBO Near fine - very light edgewear and light surface stratches to rear cover.

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

I have a lettered Tonight, Again for sale if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM.

Traveler Beebs is on a distinguished road

I have had this autographed UK Damnation Game 1st for about four years and was recently looking for illustrated signatures that were comparable. Most of what I can find are smallish profiles and I'm starting to think a two page full figure might be more uncommon than not. I'm trying to gauge that assumption by registering and posting.

I purchased this from a small press editor by the name of Carl who told me Clive did this up at a Christmas party in '85 or '86 (I can't quite remember). In his words "it's a bit rude" but I think that adds quite a bit of character to the sketch.

John F. Kennedy richie01 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I've just seen that Gauntlet press are doing a signed limited version of the Great and Secret show coming 2016 for $75 and its already sold out!

really wanted a copy too, looks like i'll have to wait for one to surface on ebay

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by richie01 View Post
    I've just seen that Gauntlet press are doing a signed limited version of the Great and Secret show coming 2016 for $75 and its already sold out!

really wanted a copy too, looks like i'll have to wait for one to surface on ebay
    Dark Regions still has copies for sale at that price. Look HERE.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

For sale:

The Books Of Blood by Clive Barker – Subterranean Press - Signed Limited - $325 $300
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

John F. Kennedy richie01 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richie01 View Post

Dark Regions still has copies for sale at that price. Look HERE.
    mate your a star, just ordered a copy!

thanks

On the back of this does anyone know where I can order the upcoming copy of the Damnation Game, by Cemetery Dance?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A question for the knowledgeable Barker collectors among you:

First, about me: I've always found Barker very interesting and intriguing, but I've lagged on the actual reading of his stuff. I loved The Great And Secret Show, and while I bought Everville pretty much when it came out, I still have yet to read it. I've read Weaveworld, Cabal, The Damnation Game, and The Thief Of Always. I've also bought Sacrament - but never read it.

Next, a recollection (and while memory is fallible, this is exactly how I remember it):
    I came across Imajica in a book store around when it came out (must have been a hardcover), and while I don't think I even picked it up to see what it was about (moron!), I remember being blown away by the cover. While I can't recall what it looked like, I remember something was shiny, but there was something more that was very unusual about it: describing this feeling is very difficult, but it was one of those images that raises the possibility of something more. This is all very subjective and undefined, I know, but it's all I have for description. (And, if I felt this way, why did I not buy the book, or at least read the dust jacket copy? As I said before - moron!)

Anyway, years go by, and one day I'm looking around for books online and I think "aha! I'll look up that wild Barker book." By then, of course, it had been printed in paperback, with a different cover. "No problem," I thought, "someone out there must have the hardcover with the unreal design," but since then, I have never found it (I've basically searched for images on Google; I'm not much of a collector, and I haven't trawled through the likes of abebooks.com etc. for it).

There is always the possibility that part of what gave it its striking quality was material in nature, meaning that even if I've found the correct cover image online, the fact that it is only an image on my computer screen and not a physical thing in front of me with (and this isn't what it was; I'm just making up an example) reflective embossing with a kaleidoscope effect might prevent me from recognizing it.

Does any of this ring any bells for any of you?

I'm going to be pissed at myself for the rest of my life for letting this one go if I never figure it out...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Was it any of these?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

None strike me as being it (and I've seen these before), but I am curious as to what the one(s) with heads in the yin yang position look like in person. What does the white background look like? Are there images in that? I see little stickmen on the purple one; that's definitely not what I saw before.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

There are some very light line drawings on the white cover similar in style to what you're seeing on the purple one.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmmm...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Was it any of these?

That s/l was probably the first signed limited I ever got. I found it on a Waldenbooks shelf and they had mispriced it...less than ten bucks new. Unfortunately I ended up having to sell it years later.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe this will help. This is the slipcase image (The images are flipped on the back side.)

and this is the book cover & the back has no images. (also it has no dust jacket)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember it well. A beautiful book!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Ultra deluxe PC Midnight Meat Train $700 - one available

http://www.darkregions.com/books/specials/rare-items
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Today is Clive Barker's Birthday. Happy Birthday Clive

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Deluxe Stylized Pinhead 6" Vinyl Figure by Mezco"
    $29 but only shipping to USA.

Looks great if you ask me !

>>> http://www.mezcotoyz.com/hellraiser-...3B%7D%22%3B%7D

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on the line here. The standard has new illustrations but not in the novel, it's in a gallery at the end. And you don't get a single extra that comes with the deluxe. So only 100 collectors that most likely won't open the book, and I'm not saying that"s wrong, will get to have the chance of reading the first drafts. So most likely no one will actually read the bonus material in the deluxe. Why couldn't they have put it in the standard edition. And why are they using the old cover.
    I preordered Everville from Gauntlet, but may skip this one. Not sure what I'm going to do. Any thoughts?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It is such a low print run, I went for the standard. I can't afford the deluxe. I'll have to wait til next month to order Everville. I don't have a signed copy of ToA yet so it's cool to grab this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast