Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Clive Barker

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    What is estimated value of the BE Trice slipcase limited editions of Abarat 1 & 2? Beautiful books and I never see them for sale anywhere. I always wished they had done a limited of the 3rd book as well.
    Not sure this matters anymore, but $300 each is an approximate - a matching set went for $500 on ebay recently. Keep looking, they come up.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I have them, just wondered what they were worth. Not sure why I ask, since I hardly ever sell a book, but good to know for my spreadsheet when I kick the bucket and my wife sells everything!! I told her, do not put these in a garage sale for $1 each just to get rid of them!!!!😁
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Thanks! I have them, just wondered what they were worth. Not sure why I ask, since I hardly ever sell a book, but good to know for my spreadsheet when I kick the bucket and my wife sells everything!! I told her, do not put these in a garage sale for $1 each just to get rid of them!!!!😁
    They are sweet. I had a set. I sold them when I realized that there was not going to a limited of the third book in the series. Very disappointing.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I never heard why they didn’t do a limited of the third. And supposedly there are two more volumes that will be written to complete the series.......someday. Would have been nice to have limiteds of the entire thing.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Not connected with this interview, but the Instagram of Phil and Sarah Stokes (who run Clive's social media) recently said (in a response to a comment on one of their posts) that they "should have more news before too long" on Deep Hill and Fear Eternal.
    I'd rather hear a concrete update on Abarat 4
    I wonder if Barker is having trouble finding a publisher. They are expensive books to produce, what with the artwork and heavier paper stock, and if the volume four is longer than the others in the series, a publisher might be leery to take it on – particularly since it’s the fourth in the series, and the previous volume was ten years ago.

It would make sense for Harper Collins to publish it, since it would promote the previous books in the series. But I don’t think they are working with Clive anymore.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale: Sacrament Gauntlet Press S/L ***$75***

New still in shrink wrap. Price includes shipping within US. International shipping at cost. PM if interested.

It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

In a Barker-focused podcast:

...Barker himself called in and provided updates on upcoming releases. I don't have 2 1/2 hours to go through this myself (he may call in around/after 1:34:00 into it), but some bits are described here: http://www.clivebarkercast.com/2021/...-in-the-works/

...we also had a surprise call from Clive Barker himself, where he laid out some news!

Clive will deliver 2 books to publishers this week and another the week after. This was a bit of a tease, because we know all the projects he’s working on. There is Abarat IV: Kry Rising, the novel Deep Hill, the short story anthology, Fear Eternal, and the poetry book, The Presence of this Breath. Half the fun is waiting to see which one they are. As soon as we know, you’ll know.

“10 shows in England Next Year”. He went on to tease that they are “…All British, really hard core Horror. The kind that will make sure I’ll never get on the British list of knighthood. ‘Royal Blood’. We can’t wait to see what these are, and hope they will be available to us die-hard US fans as well.
    I don't share their confusion about which 3 of the 4 books mentioned will be delivered, because Abarat IV has never been publicly described as being done (DH, FE, and TPOTB were), but then, the people who run this podcast spend a lot more time on this stuff than I do.

I hope "deliver to publishers" means they can start printing soon, but I don't think it works that way. Hopefully we see some of it this year.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My previous post contained all the relevant details, but for those who'd like to listen for themselves, Clive's call happens from 1:36:59 to 1:42:12 of that video (it's an actual cell phone call, so the audio isn't as clear as the rest of the video).

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks for posting this! Very interesting, and exciting about the new releases coming up.

I agree it's the three works you mentioned, and not Abarat IV. I believe the text for A4 has been "almost done" for quite a while - although that may mean a first draft, and revisions are still needed - and there's still artwork to do. Clive has been working on it, in spurts, but with all the other releases in the works, I don't think it's finished yet.

Deep Hill and the short story anthology sound great, though. I ope we see them soon.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If anyone is interested:

Clive Barker Opens Up About His Coma on Tomorrow’s New Episode of POST MORTEM WITH MICK GARRIS
    On tomorrow's episode of POST MORTEM, Mick Garris talks to fellow horror legend Clive Barker!
    https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/39...h-mick-garris/

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

If anyone is interested:

Clive Barker Opens Up About His Coma on Tomorrow’s New Episode of POST MORTEM WITH MICK GARRIS
    On tomorrow's episode of POST MORTEM, Mick Garris talks to fellow horror legend Clive Barker!
    https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/39...h-mick-garris/
    I caught this last night, as I usually try to listen to Mick Garris' great podcast. Although Clive really didn't "open up" about his coma, or get into any real specifics of his health battle (what exactly did happened after dental surgery that put him into a coma, and caused him to be unable to write or leave his room for six years?), his very real terror upon waking up in the hospital genuinely thinking he was abducted by aliens was heart-breaking, and striking. But, mostly, it was just really wonderful to hear the man speak and tell stories again. He really does great interviews, and has always struck me as a lovely guy, especially the couple times I met him at signings early in his career. Hopefully he really is "back". The genre is much better off with him active.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to go ahead and list it now since I'm only keeping the artist edition.

For Sale: Imajica Suntup Numbered Edition #16/250 ***No rights attached*** ***SOLD***

Expected to be released later this year. I'll ship as soon as I receive it. Payment via PayPal. Price includes shipping with US. International at cost. Contact me here or by email at ericjohns5000@gmail.com

Info on this edition: https://suntup.press/imajica

SOLD
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also interested in Selling my numbered Imajica #188 **SOLD**
    *no rights attached* (just the book)

I will let it go at Cost (buyer pays shipping and paypal fees, if necessary)

**SOLD**
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Issue #11 of Centipede Press’ WEIRD FICTION REVIEW was announced this morning and is shipping next week! This new issue features my "Collecting the Modern Macabre" article on the history and the four separate limited-edition states of Clive Barker’s BOOKS OF BLOOD. There are numerous interviews in it with authors and publishers alike.

Available for order at: http://centipedepress.com/anthologies/wfreview11.html .

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    …my "Collecting the Modern Macabre" article on the history and the four separate limited-edition states of Clive Barker’s BOOKS OF BLOOD.
    That sounds awesome.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    …my "Collecting the Modern Macabre" article on the history and the four separate limited-edition states of Clive Barker’s BOOKS OF BLOOD.
    That sounds awesome.
    Thanks. Hopefully folks will enjoy it, and maybe even learn something new about Barker’s masterwork.

I’m selling the Suntup Lettered edition of Imajica, with all extras, no rights. $5400 PayPal F&F or +3%.

Includes Priority shipping with insurance in CONUS; elsewhere at cost. Book will be shipped immediately on receipt, in original box and packaging. PM me if interested.

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Does anybody know how much the Fiddleback White Cabal may be worth? There were 300 of them done.
    Thanks

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A book not from Clive himself, but about Clive, by Phil and Sarah Stokes: Clive Barker's Dark Worlds, pub date Oct 18 2022. It can be preordered via several sites, links to which can be found at the following clivebarkercast.com link:

From http://www.clivebarkercast.com/2022/...s-dark-worlds/:

BREAKING NEWS: “Clive Barker’s Dark Worlds”

Phil and Sarah Stokes have confirmed with BarkerCast that they “have been working together with Clive and with Abrams for a while now” on ‘Clive Barker’s Dark Worlds’ project. “With only few remaining tweaks to be made,” what we have seen and read here at Abrams is, “a draft holding text and cover, rather than the project’s final description”, and “is set for release this October, barring any last minute hiccups.”

As soon as Phil and Sarah are set for an announcement, they will happily let us know more, and express “we really hope you’ll enjoy reading what we’ve put together!”
    From the publisher (also via clivebarkercast.com):

“A deep dive into the creative world and personal archive of the master of horror Clive Barker, from Hellraiser and Candyman to today.”

“Created by his two most loyal collaborators, Phil and Sarah Stokes, Clive Barker’s Dark Worlds is the first book to shed light on the massive scope of Barker’s creative work.”

“With the help of Barker himself, this book contains exclusive comments from people who have worked with him creatively and professionally,” and “The book also features an exceptional collection of images and documents from the author’s private archives.”

“The book spans Barker’s world, highlighting classics such as the character Pinhead, an icon in the pantheon of horror cinema; the Hellraiser series of ten films and a forthcoming HBO miniseries; and the cult films Nightbreed and Candyman“
    About the authors (also via clivebarkercast.com):

Phil and Sarah Stokes are Clive Barker’s longtime friends and official archivists. The London-based writers and researchers oversee Barker’s official website, fan club, and immense personal collection of manuscripts, art, and more. According to Barker himself, they “have an encyclopedic knowledge of who I am and what I’ve done [and] understand me better than almost anyone on the planet.”
    I'm looking forward to this, although the 296 page length suggests it won't be quite the deep dive I think Clive's body of work warrants.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Nice! Thanks for the heads up on this. Looks great- oversize, color. I'm in.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Clive Barker updates from this "interview": https://www.clivebarker.info/intsrevel37.html ...which is based on conversations Clive had with Phil and Sarah Stokes between March 29 and May 31 this year.

The Stokeses' book Clive Barker's Dark Worlds

"This 350-page monograph covers all aspects of Clive's creative work as he approaches his 70th birthday this coming October. It's fully illustrated in colour with photographs, artwork and images from the archive and Clive's personal collection and will be published by the Cernunnos imprint of Abrams Books on 18 October 2022."

"The book is a rich, visual journey that covers all aspects of Clive’s creative work, along with Clive’s thoughts on each area and critical and cultural analysis."

A WB new animation project
    "...I was approached by Warner Bros. last year to do a series of stories, some of which would be taken from the Books of Blood, many of which would be originals, each of which would be twenty, twenty-five minute animations."

"...a man called Jason DeMarco who is head of adult animation at Warner’s, came to me and said, ‘Listen, I love the Books of Blood, the first thing I’d do is In the Hills, The Cities.’ So that’s what’s happening, that’s what we’re doing. He’s tending to take ambitious visual stories like In the Hills, The Cities but, in addition to the five stories from the Books of Blood that he named, he also wanted me to originate another six, which is what I’ve done."

"...I actually ended up creating eleven stories which will go into Mr DeMarco’s compendium, making a total of sixteen. He wants to do eleven at present. Their actual length is hard to be sure of but they won’t be less than twenty minutes apiece."

Untitled Shudder/Mick Garris TV project
    "I went to my friend Mick Garris...and I said I wanted to do a series of television projects which would be horror stories set entirely in Britain. I wanted to go back to Britain, to the Motherland and honour and celebrate the fact that a great deal of what is absolutely central to the horror tradition originates in Britain.

...there is an incredible density of dark, dark, dark imaginative work which was created in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. ...it’s not just that it’s good writing, it’s actually in many cases the root of horror, at least in its literary form…"

"I produced ten narratives which I then took to Mick and Mick said, ‘Yeah, I’ll join you on this.’ I took them to my agents and my agents sold them to Shudder.

So it’s a series of British originals, stories of mine which Mick and I will produce – without overall title right now, but all to be set in Britain."

The pilot is titled London Voodoo.

...all of which is "why the news on Deep Hill, Abarats Four and Five, the Third book of the Art and other projects has been quiet of late." [The things in which I'm most interested, but it's cool that he continues to be quite creative and that other media types are keen on collaborating with him (as they should be).]

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Copies of Clive Barker's Dark Worlds (description in my post above) signed by Clive himself can be preordered from Book Soup: https://www.booksoup.com/pre-order-clive-barker

These are only $50 - very much not bad indeed, given that the current Amazon price is $45.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

…given that I have no Barker signatures, I jumped at this.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

…given that I have no Barker signatures, I jumped at this.
    Paying an extra $15 to get a signed copy is a pretty sweet deal!
    Will definitely be an interesting read on Clive's life coming from these 2.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I grabbed as well !
    Curious to read his biography given they are experts and getting a signed copy for hardly anything on top, difficult to beat!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast