Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

CNN reporting

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i know & i just gotta say HELL YEAH!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not normally someone who would celebrate death, but, yay and stuff!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

not that i condone the killing of another human being, but i do beleive the end justified the means in the case

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Aren't there a bunch of look-alikes of him? How do they know they got the real guy?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

his sister came to the usa for cancer treatment and died so the military stole her brain to match the dna
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There are ways. DNA testing, dental records, etc. This news spread through the internet like wild fire.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Didn't he have some major health problems that were treated in the US at one point?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

There's something horribly uncomfortable about seeing post after post on my facebook of people celebrating his death. NOT that he didn't deserve it (PLEASE GOD NOBODY ATTACK ME), but it's just weird to see. And stuff.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, this was a conversation I was having with Bethany yesterday. What pissed me off were folks that were saying "Either you should be happy about it or stfu". Fuck that shit. People that felt apathetic or uncomfortable about so many people celebrating the death of a human have as much right to voice their opinion as those that were obviously overjoyed at the news.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Aren't there a bunch of look-alikes of him? How do they know they got the real guy?

I heard Trump is calling for the OFFICIAL Osama Death Certificate to be produced...

"There's something horribly uncomfortable about seeing post after post on my facebook of people celebrating his death. NOT that he didn't deserve it (PLEASE GOD NOBODY ATTACK ME), but it's just weird to see. And stuff"
    personally... I plan on hosting an Osama is Dead Party Bash tomorrow night... Pie and drinks for everyone!
    wear your best scraggily beard for the Osama look alike contest at 9:00

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    People that felt apathetic or uncomfortable about so many people celebrating the death of a human have as much right to voice their opinion as those that were obviously overjoyed at the news.
    I'd have to agree with you if people were celebrating the death of a human. Sorry, but in this case I believe that many people chose to celebrate the death of an inhuman monster. (It kind of reminds me of the Munchkin's celebration when they discovered that the Wicked Witch was dead...)

I wouldn't say that I'm "celebrating," but I'm certainly not mourning his death either. Hopefully the death of Osama Bin Laden will bring a sense of closure to those who suffered because of his actions against innocent people around the world.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I'm not celebrating because 1) this is not going to end all violence against all innocent people for all time, and 2) he could have chosen to do better things than he did, he just didn't choose to. This is my opinion, but I believe that celebrating anyone's death is a slippery slope--and to say that he forfeited his humanity is extremely dangerous. Isn't that the kind of thing that extremists like him believe, and don't they live accordingly? Isn't it up to us to be better than that?

If I'm glad, it's that he can't hurt anyone anymore, not that the reason for it is that he's dead. The end doesn't justify the means.
    "There are not even 100 people in this country who hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they think the Catholic Church to be."

--Archbishop Fulton Sheen

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not one to celebrate another person's death, but there's a special place in hell reserved for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    They have a DNA sample of his from years ago (not sure how they got it) and they're going to match it to that sample.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is my honest opinion and in no way wish to belittle anyone else's point of views....I am glad that Osama Bin Laden is dead and I have been in a very good mood today because of it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm not one to celebrate another person's death, but there's a special place in hell reserved for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    They have a DNA sample of his from years ago (not sure how they got it) and they're going to match it to that sample.
    I'm assuming they obtained a sample back during the freedom fighter / mujahideen project.

My Mood
    Angelic

If Osama Bin Laden has no right to decide when or how someone else will die, we have no right to decide when or how he will. We can't let our emotions overrun our intellects when it comes to life and death. I don't know how to make the bitter pill sweeter, but the medicine is necessary.

Before ANYONE posted in here, I knew that people would be celebrating, and the anticipation of that made me sad--I came close to being the first to post in here to try to check that, but what could I have done? If that sounds like I have sympathy for a terrorist, think of it this way: no one would be celebrating if it had been a BABY that was killed, even if it could be assured that the baby would grow up to become the next Adolf Hitler (I hope). Hence I wouldn't HAVE to say things like this if it had been a baby that was killed--no one would argue that it was a tragedy, so I'd be wasting my breath. Osama bin Laden used to be a baby, as we all did. We can't dehumanize him because we don't want to identify with someone who did that. That's dangerous--it takes away our ability to empathize, which is exactly what we decry in someone like Osama bin Laden.

Why is it okay for us to lower ourselves to his level, especially if no one is saying that anyone who's CELEBRATING bin Laden's death deserves to die (and they don't, please don't mistake me)? What's the difference? Participation or support, killing is killing, and it's wrong. You can't discriminate. If he "forfeited his human rights" by becoming a terrorist, how is it that people celebrating someone's DEATH (never mind who it was) aren't forfeiting THEIR human rights? Either way you're looking at a devaluation of human life--the very idea that he "forfeited his human rights" implies that he had a CHOICE. That it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he WOULD do what he's done--that he COULD have chosen to do good. We all have that same choice. If anyone can "forfeit their human rights" that applies to every one of us here too--and then what? You can't ever get them BACK, no matter WHAT you do? I don't want to live in a world like that.

If it's okay to kill ANYONE, for ANY reason, then it's okay to KILL. And if it's okay to KILL, then the United States is hypocritical for saying that we are all created equal and endowed with the inalienable right to life. If it's okay to kill, not everyone has the right to life--and if not everyone has the right to LIVE, then NO ONE has that right.
    "There are not even 100 people in this country who hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they think the Catholic Church to be."

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am absolutely not a conspiracy theorist, but I just have one question. The news I am watching seems to be saying the DNA test was already done on the body. I thought DNA tests took a few weeks to run? Unless I'm way behind on my technology.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know they definitely completed a facial recognition examination, but can't comment on the DNA test speed.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I'm not celebrating this death cause I think he died for something he didn't do. ANd I think I may be a conspricy theriost(sp) but I believe it was all planned by the government and needed a scape goat

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    If Osama Bin Laden has no right to decide when or how someone else will die, we have no right to decide when or how he will. We can't let our emotions overrun our intellects when it comes to life and death. I don't know how to make the bitter pill sweeter, but the medicine is necessary.

Before ANYONE posted in here, I knew that people would be celebrating, and the anticipation of that made me sad--I came close to being the first to post in here to try to check that, but what could I have done? If that sounds like I have sympathy for a terrorist, think of it this way: no one would be celebrating if it had been a BABY that was killed, even if it could be assured that the baby would grow up to become the next Adolf Hitler (I hope). Hence I wouldn't HAVE to say things like this if it had been a baby that was killed--no one would argue that it was a tragedy, so I'd be wasting my breath. Osama bin Laden used to be a baby, as we all did. We can't dehumanize him because we don't want to identify with someone who did that. That's dangerous--it takes away our ability to empathize, which is exactly what we decry in someone like Osama bin Laden.

Why is it okay for us to lower ourselves to his level, especially if no one is saying that anyone who's CELEBRATING bin Laden's death deserves to die (and they don't, please don't mistake me)? What's the difference? Participation or support, killing is killing, and it's wrong. You can't discriminate. If he "forfeited his human rights" by becoming a terrorist, how is it that people celebrating someone's DEATH (never mind who it was) aren't forfeiting THEIR human rights? Either way you're looking at a devaluation of human life--the very idea that he "forfeited his human rights" implies that he had a CHOICE. That it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he WOULD do what he's done--that he COULD have chosen to do good. We all have that same choice. If anyone can "forfeit their human rights" that applies to every one of us here too--and then what? You can't ever get them BACK, no matter WHAT you do? I don't want to live in a world like that.

If it's okay to kill ANYONE, for ANY reason, then it's okay to KILL. And if it's okay to KILL, then the United States is hypocritical for saying that we are all created equal and endowed with the inalienable right to life. If it's okay to kill, not everyone has the right to life--and if not everyone has the right to LIVE, then NO ONE has that right.

and I beg to differ with you.... killing is not all the same...
    there is a huge difference between killing innocents and exterminating an animal that kills indiscriminantly solely for his warped reasoning.

I guess.... just put me in the camp that justified killing is acceptable... if we all had passive attitudes like the one you express above, it would allow the trully evils like bin laden to remain alive and have the chance to kill more innocents. In my view ... if an innocent is killed due to the inaction of the pacifist (that had the opportunity and means to prevent it)- the pacifist shares just as much blame for the death of the innocent as the actual killer.

freedom is a human right also... but if someone steals your car or rapes your daughter and gets caught, that human right is also forfeited. so I guess celebrating the incarceration of the raper of your daughter makes you on the same level as the rapist?

evil gone is a reason for celebration... be it Hitler, Bundy, Saddam, Manson, or Bin Laden.
    I'd dance, sing and drink some shots of tequila on all their graves.

I do not consider the celebration of "evil gone" as evil, but rather just rejoicing in a world made a little bit better...
    comparing the two as the same thing ....just a little bit weird to me...IMO

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    Well I'm not celebrating this death cause I think he died for something he didn't do. ANd I think I may be a conspricy theriost(sp) but I believe it was all planned by the government and needed a scape goat
    there are lots of governments... I'm assuming you mean the U.S. gov.?
    If so... the government is a pretty large group of people... did they all participate in this plan?

If not... then what/who exactly do you think was responsible?

And... to what gain...just for the fun of it... let's crash some planes and knock down some buildings today...or something more substantial?

Is this just a conjecture, or what do you base these thoughts on- the ramblings of alex jones...or your own personal research.

If your own research, can you provide some real data to back up your theory?

If you have the real data, and it stands up under scrutiny.... have you presented this to the media, law enforcement - or are they all in on the "knock down the buildings fun" also? - (I must have missed out on the memo/evite.)

please... share...

My Mood
    Angelic

@Sir_Boomme: I don't want to get into an argument here, I'm just going to speak my piece, addressing what you've said.

I'm sorry to say it but you've kind of made my point for me: calling someone an "animal that kills indiscriminately solely for his warped reasoning" is exactly the kind of dehumanizing statement I mentioned in my above post, and it's exactly what people like bin Laden and Hitler and the other people you mentioned in the bottom of your post are guilty of and what people hate about them. I just wish that we would remember that when we say "I wish ____ were dead", what we really mean is "I wish ____ would stop harming other people", and that we would remember that to suggest that the only way to accomplish the latter is to KILL whoever "____" is is not only hateful but DEFEATIST. If he wasn't "an animal that kills indiscriminately solely for his warped reasoning" when he was born, then he CHANGED--and if he CHANGED, he could at least in theory have changed back if he took the opportunity. He didn't, but he could have. Are you saying evil is stronger than good? Because if that's true then I wish he'd killed ME so I wouldn't have to live in such a world. If you ask me his real crime wasn't killing but spreading HATRED--because hatred has no beginning and it only has an end if people work to overcome their hatred.

And again, I'm in the camp that if ANY kind of killing is acceptable, then ALL kinds of killing are acceptable, and that's UN-acceptable. My attitude is not passive, and I'm sorry to say it but the fact that you're calling it "passive" suggests that you don't understand where I'm coming from here, which is exactly what I spoke about in my above PM. I am against passivity when it comes to matters of life and death. I am in favor of anything that PREVENTS the taking of life, ALL human life. Even if, for the sake of argument, I could agree that there was no way to prevent bin Laden from killing other people besides killing HIM, there's a world of difference between that and CELEBRATING his death. In the former case we could say "It's a shame he forced us to go this far, but at least he can't hurt anyone anymore." And again, "pacifist" and "passivist" are not the same thing--by definition pacifism can't be passive, otherwise it would be impossible to promote pacifism. But again, why in the world should KILLING be the ONLY solution? That's the very dangerous mindset that is the reason people ARE celebrating someone's death--because they don't see any other option, because bin Laden's crimes make people not WANT to see any other option. And it's the same mindset that people like bin Laden have, and that causes people TO hate them.

You can be glad that whoever stole your car or raped your daughter isn't going to do that anymore, but celebrating the fact that another citizen of your country was incarcerated I would say is on a level of similar kind (if not degree) in terms of this kind of hatred and refusal to let go of it. Hate what was DONE, not the person who DID it--they're NOT the same! The biggest evidence of this fact is that there are other people who could just as easily steal your car or rape your daughter a second time, even if the one who did it is incarcerated.

In that same vein, you just made my point for me with all those names: evil is not ONE person who is completely bereft of goodness and the death of whom will eliminate evil forever. And killing others and celebrating their deaths CONTRIBUTES to evil--that's what people did when 9/11 happened, Middle Easterners CELEBRATED the destruction of the towers which led to many people dying. And what about those who will now consider bin Laden a martyr and want revenge? It's a cycle. It isn't "evil gone", it's "HUMAN gone", which is NEVER a reason to celebrate. "Evil gone" would be if the person involved were to be REDEEMED--killing them prevents that from ever happening.

I'm only sorry that you still see it the way you do, but I hope someday you'll change your mind.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You should say that to the people who lost a mother, father, son, daughter or any other loved ones on 9/11.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    You should say that to the people who lost a mother, father, son, daughter or any other loved ones on 9/11.
    Actually I have an uncle who lives in New York, and what a relief it was to know we DIDN'T lose him--but even if we had I'd be saying the same thing.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast